FX CPU in m-ATX MOBO

Im running a lower end board with an FX6300 + EVO 212 without any heating problems...At load the CPU is hitting 50-55c..You can check out my profile for my full build...in a few months ill probably upgrade my board to something more PRETTY. :P 

Im running a lower end board with an FX6300 + EVO 212 without any heating problems...At load the CPU is hitting 50-55c..You can check out my profile for my full build...in a few months ill probably upgrade my board to something more PRETTY. :P

Well thank you :) Finally someone who own a micro atx and fx cpu that could say the real thing. Also what games are you playing and how well do they run becouse i'm also going to get the lovely 270 card, a already checked your profile :P

I cant stress this enough DONT use stock cooler. its obnoxiously loud and sounds like a helicopter when gaming

I cant stress this enough DONT use stock cooler. its obnoxiously loud and sounds like a helicopter when gaming

and? it costs extra money and it isnt louder than a laptop fan, when your complete system is loud then ir wont help upgrading the cooler

and? it costs extra money and it isnt louder than a laptop fan, when your complete system is loud then ir wont help upgrading the cooler

The stock cooler is actually way loader than any laptop I have ever heard....If you dont plan on gaming with your pc, then you should be fine but I also wouldnt recommend the stock cooler. 

Well thank you :) Finally someone who own a micro atx and fx cpu that could say the real thing. Also what games are you playing and how well do they run becouse i'm also going to get the lovely 270 card, a already checked your profile :P

As far as performance goes, the R9 270 should bottleneck first before the FX6300, so you should be running most games optimally. I dont play a ton of AAA games..but Metro Last Light actually runs really decent on my PC without any stuttering. (That game is pretty intensive) Titanfall ran superb too...If you want something more detailed just look up FX6300+R9 270 benchmarks.

If you plan on getting something higher than an FX6300, then you will be more than alright with performance. 

I used to own a FX 6300 and an Asus M5a78-lm 760g mAtx am3+ board and it ran great

I used to own a FX 6300 and an Asus M5a78-lm 760g mAtx am3+ board and it ran great

nice

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Okay first of all i proberly won't get any after market cooler for the cpu in the beginning, maybe later tho.

And it's great to hear that the m-atx and fx-xxxx cpus run fine together and isen't a problem. Then my dream of the prodigy will live on.

Thank you guys for the responses they are much appreciated.

But then i can't upgrade cpu later on   ^_^

You say you want to upgrade the cpu later on....Athlon now and in a year if you want to upgrade; Carrizo should bring performance that should be better than a 8320 at stock speed (gpu can do opencl/gl)... you're not limited to a 2009+ chipset. 

Fm2+ the boards are cheaper you save money an athlon is plenty. I beg to differ when people say you might need an AMD cpu for 3d; Autodesk professional programs such as maya/3ds max with mudbox integration yeah I could run it with a G3258 so core count isn't the problem.

Well the FX cpus is already clocked high i were maybe planning on doing a bit but that may result in a aftermarket heatsink for the CPU and is it realy that bad to overclock on micro atx boards even with a heatsink.

and @Needalight you are meaning Micro ATX not Mini right ?

Yes, if power isn't reaching the cpu faster enough than it won't perform probably.

I might sound like some jackass but you're buying a product that is on a dead socket even the Company left these chips for a completely different idea.

it isn't worth upgrading from 6 to 8 cores because probably in january when Carrizo is released, this chip with have plenty of support and programs that are well worth going FX in the first place. 

There are better options than Am3+ The whole industry is leaving that chip behind in the dust. if you're going to "upgrade cpu later on" don't waste your time with AM3+ and limit yourself to shit that you have to place in a year or 2. Fm2+ till last you till 2017. APU's can do parallel better than an 8 core. with the money you save on a CPU and a motherboard you can get compenents even a SSD when you build.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

You say you want to upgrade the cpu later on....Athlon now and in a year if you want to upgrade; Carrizo should bring performance that should be better than a 8320 at stock speed (gpu can do opencl/gl)... you're not limited to a 2009+ chipset. 

Fm2+ the boards are cheaper you save money an athlon is plenty. I beg to differ when people say you might need an AMD cpu for 3d; Autodesk professional programs such as maya/3ds max with mudbox integration yeah I could run it with a G3258 so core count isn't the problem.

Yes, if power isn't reaching the cpu faster enough than it won't perform probably.

I might sound like some jackass but you're buying a product that is on a dead socket even the Company left these chips for a completely different idea.

it isn't worth upgrading from 6 to 8 cores because probably in january when Carrizo is released, this chip with have plenty of support and programs that are well worth going FX in the first place. 

There are better options than Am3+ The whole industry is leaving that chip behind in the dust. if you're going to "upgrade cpu later on" don't waste your time with AM3+ and limit yourself to shit that you have to place in a year or 2. Fm2+ till last you till 2017. APU's can do parallel better than an 8 core. with the money you save on a CPU and a motherboard you can get compenents even a SSD when you build.

Well the Carrizo is an APU and the AM3+ isen't dead. I know the FM2+ series is cheaper and i'm not going to use all the cores. But you say that the Carrizo will be better than all the 8350 and even the FX-9XXX?

Well the Carrizo is an APU and the AM3+ isen't dead. I know the FM2+ series is cheaper and i'm not going to use all the cores. But you say that the Carrizo will be better than all the 8350 and even the FX-9XXX?

read this

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/178752-amds-next-gen-carrizo-apu-features-leaked-shows-greater-focus-on-power-efficiency

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

lel fx cpu on a matx board,recipe for disaster lel

lel fx cpu on a matx board,recipe for disaster lel

Do you have it? Becouse i wrote with some guy who had and his is doing great ...

Do you have it? Becouse i wrote with some guy who had and his is doing great ...

it depends, I am sure that the ones with a newer socket wont have this problem very often

it depends, I am sure that the ones with a newer socket wont have this problem very often

He had the FX in a normal non heatsink mobo you wrote too it was @Needalight

Stop listening to people who never owned an AM3+ with an FX. They are just going off what they heard of the internet, and most of the time its people who dont even know how to correctly set up a build. Go ahead and use this build from tek syndicate if you want something that has already been tested to work. 

If you really want to get an FX build then use this link. 

https://teksyndicate.com/videos/build-amd-fx-6300-budget-gaming-rig 

Stop listening to people who never owned an AM3+ with an FX. They are just going off what they heard of the internet, and most of the time its people who dont even know how to correctly set up a build. Go ahead and use this build from tek syndicate if you want something that has already been tested to work. 

If you really want to get an FX build then use this link. 

https://teksyndicate.com/videos/build-amd-fx-6300-budget-gaming-rig 

I know but i might just get the 760k becouse i could save some money and the option to get something better will proberly result in getting a new motherboard any way.

I know but i might just get the 760k becouse i could save some money and the option to get something better will proberly result in getting a new motherboard any way.

Find a good mobo for the 760k...dont pair with the 

MSI A55M-E33 

MSI A55M-E33 

Why is that so important ? :D

Why is that so important ? :D

From my personal experience and other post I read online, the Richland 760k tends to overheat with the MSI A55m-E33..Find a good rated board to pair with the Richland...I actually build a PC for my brothers using the Richland 760k and its a beast for a budget. I bought them the parts in Euros with my Visa card (to us dollars) and I saved a lot. 

Here is the build that I made, and used.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GDyjWZ

The only thing I would change from it is, the motherboard and instead of getting a non modular psu, is to switch with a modular..Get some cheaper RAM than the one I used...I got it on special..you can use something much cheaper than the overpriced shit I got..The case isnt so big and if you get a non modular, you might have a clutter with cables. 

MSI A55M-E33 

get an A88, they have FM2+ and more features like Sata 6Gb

get an A88, they have FM2+ and more features like Sata 6Gb

Yep. Good boards on the cheap are the Gigabyte A88X-DS2 and the MSI A78-E45.

Both are £35-37 in my country and offer good features for the price, better to spend £5 more and get soo much more.

Yep. Good boards on the cheap are the Gigabyte A88X-DS2 and the MSI A78-E45.

Both are £35-37 in my country and offer good features for the price, better to spend £5 more and get soo much more.

Asus A88X(M)-A is nice