should i upgrade my AIO water cooler?

i have a corsair h75 on my i7 3960x running at stock speeds. i was wondering if i should get a better cooler, and if you guys could give me suggestions. i might be interested in overclocking if the cooler allows it. i tried it with the h75, and the temperature was above 91 Celsius with prime 95

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

What kind of overclocks are you trying to get it above 90 degrees?

What are the temps on the CPU at stock speeds?

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

You can get a Corsair H100i, H105 or H110, they will allow you to do SOME overclocking. But with your extreme edition cpu i really would reccomend a custom loop just for the cpu, you can get much more performance out of your 3960X.

XLOEXS ICase Corsair® Obsidian 250D | CPU Intel® Core™ i7 4790K | GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX TITAN Black 6GB | Motherboard Asus Z97i-Plus | Memory 16GB Corsair® Dominator™ Platinum DDR3-2133 (2x8GB) | HDD 3TB Seagate® Barracuda™ XT | SSD 500GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD | Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU block/Pump Combo, Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 + EKWB XTC CoolStream 140 Radiators, NoiseBlocker Black Silent Pro PLS 120mm X 2 + Corsair AF-140 Fans, Koolance TNK-501 Single 5.25in Bay Reservoir, Rev.1.1, Primochill Advance LRT Flexible PVC Tubing, Mayhems Pastel Mint Green Coolant | PSU Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply.

You can get a Corsair H100i, H105 or H110, they will allow you to do SOME overclocking. But with your extreme edition cpu i really would reccomend a custom loop just for the cpu, you can get much more performance out of your 3960X.

1+ for a custom loop

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Do you usually run your cpu at 100%?

no, i just game

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

1+ for a custom loop

what kind of custom loop cooling do you guys recommend? 

CPU + GPU and for the parts, i'm not really following the products and stuff from companies but you should do some research but if you don't want to, you can get a Watercooling Kit it has all the stuff you need for a custom loop

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

As much radiators you can fit in your case really, with your HAF912 you can do top 240 and a rear 120 radiator, i reccomend using a tube resivor if the internal space allows it.

XLOEXS ICase Corsair® Obsidian 250D | CPU Intel® Core™ i7 4790K | GPU NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX TITAN Black 6GB | Motherboard Asus Z97i-Plus | Memory 16GB Corsair® Dominator™ Platinum DDR3-2133 (2x8GB) | HDD 3TB Seagate® Barracuda™ XT | SSD 500GB Samsung® 840 EVO SSD | Cooling Swiftech Apogee Drive II CPU block/Pump Combo, Hardware Labs Black Ice Nemesis GTS 240 + EKWB XTC CoolStream 140 Radiators, NoiseBlocker Black Silent Pro PLS 120mm X 2 + Corsair AF-140 Fans, Koolance TNK-501 Single 5.25in Bay Reservoir, Rev.1.1, Primochill Advance LRT Flexible PVC Tubing, Mayhems Pastel Mint Green Coolant | PSU Corsair® Professional Digital Series AX860 80+ Platinum Certified Modular Power Supply.

As much radiators you can fit in your case really, with your HAF912 you can do top 240 and a rear 120 radiator, i reccomend using a tube resivor if the internal space allows it.

how expensive will this be?

i have a corsair h75 on my i7 3960x running at stock speeds. i was wondering if i should get a better cooler, and if you guys could give me suggestions. i might be interested in overclocking if the cooler allows it. i tried it with the h75, and the temperature was above 91 Celsius with prime 95

Cooler Master Seidon 240M for $51-$60 Unbeatable.  Buy this now before the rebate and coupon expires.  Purchased this a week ago and my temperatures have been unreal ever since.  <$60 for a Top 5 AIO is unheard of.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

how expensive will this be?

It really depends on the quality of the parts you choose, if money is limited you can add the rear 120 later and use a top 240 just for now, i would recommend the Hardware labs black ice nemesis gts 240.

it is slim but performs so well it is even beats some thicker radiators.

Cooler Master Seidon 240M for $51-$60 Unbeatable.  Buy this now before the rebate and coupon expires.  Purchased this a week ago and my temperatures have been unreal ever since.  <$60 for a Top 5 AIO is unheard of.

is it loud?

is it loud?

it depends on the fans you are using

is it loud?

At full RPM, yes.  It does get pretty freaking loud at max RPM.  What you could do, is use that $25 rebate card to buy two high end SP fans.  I have been running my 240M at 1200rpm on the fans, and 1050rpm on the pump and it is silent, and I leave my side panel off.  It becomes noticeable around 1400rpm.  The performance is so good at 1200/1050 that I just keep it like that unless I am stress testing.

Check out my Idle temperatures @ 1200rpm on the fans and 1050rpm on the pump after my computer just started.  Ambient temperature is 24C. i5-4670k 4.5Ghz @ 1.20v

tfohPnb.png

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."