So i watched the video that Linus posted about the asus pad phone x and found it to be very compelling and am now thinking about getting one. But i wanted to ask other peoples experience with this phone and tablet combo. Also another concern was that the reviews on the at&t website were not very good. So what do you guys think? Thanks for the help.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

@the ginger gamer 

Asus Padphone series is a one-of-a-kind. I'm pretty sure it's the only device that utilizes a phone+tablet form factor. 

If you put it in ways, this might be a bargain, since you're getting both a tablet and a phone for $199.99/$549.99 (w/o contract). However, since the tablet won't be functional without the phone, it might render the tab useless if you lose the phone. Since the tablet relies on the phone's existence, it might become a disadvantage when it comes to everyday usage.

I asked this question when the product first came out; "Why should I buy this if there are better alternatives available?"

Personally using a Note 3 and a Note 10.1 2014 edition while ending up paying more ($799.99+$549.99, but I bought the phone for 200 with contract), I don't regret my choice.

I like my two devices being separate, but that's really up to your personal preference.

Now would I recommend it? No. 

The design is tacky, and it's a design that is likely to have some flaws like every first generation product. Seeing critic reviews ranging from a 5 to a 8, I really don't think this would be worth your money. 

Additionally, the Padphone X was a disappointment seeing how solid the Transformer Series is.

Furthermore, you probably would want to get the most out of your 2 year contract (if your signing one), meaning you should get a phone with a higher MSRP like the S5 or the Note 3. 

What are my current recommendations?

If you want a Tab+Phone:

S5/Note 3/Note 4/F + Galaxy Tab 4 (Below or Matches $550 MSRP with 2 year contract)

S5/Note 3/Note 4/F + Galaxy Tab S (Exceeds $550 MSRP)

If you want a Phone:

S5/Note 3/Note 4/F (All exceeds $650 MSRP)

If you want a Tablet:

Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition, Galaxy Tab Pro. Galaxy Tab S (Around $400-550)

*Note 4 will be unveiled around November

*Galaxy F is a premium version of the S5 featuring a metal chassis predicted to be a premium line. It is expected to be unveiled in August.

Links to check out:

http://www.engadget.com/products/asus/padfone/x/

http://i-cdn.phonearena.com/images/articles/123440-image/Samsung-Galaxy-F-S5-Prime.jpg (The F looks Gorgeous. I might sell my Note for the F)

I hope my breakdown helped. Wish you luck.

#BuySamsung

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV