Upgrading my PC, need suggestions !

FrizerIce

Hey !

I am planning to upgrade my rig, and I will do that in around 2-3 months when my dad will fly to the U.S.

I am playing mainly CS:GO, some BF3 and maybe some more games (@ 1080p, highest settings, 144hz) and wanted to get some suggestions and opinions about the upgrade.

I live in Israel, so prices are pretty damn high here, that's why i'm going to buy the stuff in the U.S.

My PC:

----

i7 3770k @ 4.4Ghz, cooled by an H100i

ASROCK Z77 Extreme4

16GB of Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) @ 1600Mhz

EVGA GTX 770 SC (overclocked to +40Mhz Core clock and +220Mhz Memory clock)

Antec High Current Gamer 620W

2 Hard drives (3 TB total)

OCZ Agility 4 128GB

ASUS VG248QE 144hz Monitor

Windows 7 64bit

----

My plan is to get:

EVGA GTX 770 SC  http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SuperClocked-Graphics-02G-P4-2774-KR/dp/B00CZIQXBA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406164235&sr=1-1&keywords=EVGA+GeForce+GTX770+SuperClocked

and this EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 power supply http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-80PLUS-Certified-220-G2-0850-XR/dp/B00IKDETOC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406164239&sr=1-1&keywords=EVGA+SuperNOVA+850G2+80PLUS

My main worry is that when I put the SLI together, I will have stutters ingame and other problems that SLI can cause. I'm not sure of SLI in CS:GO, but in CS every millisecond matters and I want 100% fluid performance just like with 1 GTX 770, is that possible ?

Thanks a lot !!

go for a single powerful GPU instead

SLi may not be a cost effective solution

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

A 770 will give you like 250-300 FPS ingame, why would you need to SLI it?

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

go for a single powerful GPU instead

SLi may not be a cost effective solution

so what card should I be getting ? I have 1 GTX 770 already, it would be a waste not using it

A 770 will give you like 250-300 FPS ingame, why would you need to SLI it?

in 20 men DM more around 150~200, and 5v5 around 250 ... I don't need an upgrade now, but its an opportunity my dad flying to the U.S. and I won't be able to upgrade my PC for a while .. also @ 144hz with 128 tickrate servers you want to get more FPS than just your monitor's hz value.

Buy a 780ti Kingpin edition which is heavily overclockable or an other 780ti and sell your 770.

Please don't buy another 770 :)

You could also upgrade your SSD if you want :)

*EDIT*

Have you got an 120Hz monitor or more if not buy one

so what card should I be getting ? I have 1 GTX 770 already, it would be a waste not using it

in 20 men DM more around 150~200, and 5v5 around 250 ... I don't need an upgrade now, but its an opportunity my dad flying to the U.S. and I won't be able to upgrade my PC for a while .. also @ 144hz with 128 tickrate servers you want to get more FPS than just your monitor's hz value.

I will suggest getting a GTX780 or R9 290 

SLi may net you better performance provided that the games you play support SLi properly

if not you will still be stuck with running one GPU while the other is idle

you can pass it on to your family members who have a PC or your cousin

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Do you play professionally? I know most of the pro gamers tend to lower their settings and a 770 should be pulling more than enough.

CS:GO is not a demanding title at all. A 770 is more than enough for that, but if you're thinking of BF3 you'll expect a good 60 FPS.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Buy a 780ti Kingpin edition which is heavily overclockable or an other 780ti and sell your 770.

Please don't buy another 770 :)

You could also upgrade your SSD if you want :)

*EDIT*

Have you got an 120Hz monitor or more if not buy one

I have a 144hz monitor :D, and an SSD upgrade can be nice too, thanks

I will suggest getting a GTX780 or R9 290 

SLi may net you better performance provided that the games you play support SLi properly

if not you will still be stuck with running one GPU while the other is idle

you can pass it on to your family members who have a PC or your cousin

a 780 would cost a lot more and won't give that many more FPS than just adding a 770, I might sell the 770 i got but we'll see about that

For 1080p 144hz gaming the 780 ti is really the only option

gtx 770 sli would outperform a 780 ti for less money (for me)

Do you play professionally? I know most of the pro gamers tend to lower their settings and a 770 should be pulling more than enough.

no im not, and you are right, pro players use lower settings, I use x4 msaa (x8 = too much input lag) and high shadows, but msaa is pretty demanding

CS:GO is not a demanding title at all. A 770 is more than enough for that, but if you're thinking of BF3 you'll expect a good 60 FPS.

a "good" 60 fps ? I have a 144hz monitor so 60fps would suck pretty hard :-D

a "good" 60 fps ? I have a 144hz monitor so 60fps would suck pretty hard :-D

You can't be serious. Even peasant console can't even 60 fps and yet you whine. If spending 100+350 is worth more 40fps in BF3 worth it to you then go ahead. But you can go sell your 770 and tell your dad to get a 780ti so you don't have to buy a new PSU.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

You can't be serious. Even peasant console can't even 60 fps and yet you whine. If spending 100+350 is worth more 40fps in BF3 worth it to you then go ahead. But you can go sell your 770 and tell your dad to get a 780ti so you don't have to buy a new PSU.

60 FPS @ 144hz monitor is shit, not because 60 fps is shit, its because its stutters a lot below 144 FPS (fps lower than refresh rate), i'm not whining, and thanks for the suggestion

60 FPS @ 144hz monitor is shit, not because 60 fps is shit, its because its stutters a lot below 144 FPS (fps lower than refresh rate), i'm not whining, and thanks for the suggestion

How many new games even run at 144 fps .... NONE !

How many new games even run at 144 fps .... NONE !

what ?

what ?

That's actually true. Most new games won't run at <100fps with SLI stuff even with a 780ti.

Hey !

I am planning to upgrade my rig, and I will do that in around 2-3 months when my dad will fly to the U.S.

I am playing mainly CS:GO, some BF3 and maybe some more games (@ 1080p, highest settings, 144hz) and wanted to get some suggestions and opinions about the upgrade.

I live in Israel, so prices are pretty damn high here, that's why i'm going to buy the stuff in the U.S.

My PC:

----

i7 3770k @ 4.4Ghz, cooled by an H100i

ASROCK Z77 Extreme4

16GB of Corsair Vengeance (4x4GB) @ 1600Mhz

EVGA GTX 770 SC (overclocked to +40Mhz Core clock and +220Mhz Memory clock)

Antec High Current Gamer 620W

2 Hard drives (3 TB total)

OCZ Agility 4 128GB

ASUS VG248QE 144hz Monitor

Windows 7 64bit

----

My plan is to get:

EVGA GTX 770 SC  http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-SuperClocked-Graphics-02G-P4-2774-KR/dp/B00CZIQXBA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406164235&sr=1-1&keywords=EVGA+GeForce+GTX770+SuperClocked

and this EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 power supply http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-SuperNOVA-80PLUS-Certified-220-G2-0850-XR/dp/B00IKDETOC/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1406164239&sr=1-1&keywords=EVGA+SuperNOVA+850G2+80PLUS

My main worry is that when I put the SLI together, I will have stutters ingame and other problems that SLI can cause. I'm not sure of SLI in CS:GO, but in CS every millisecond matters and I want 100% fluid performance just like with 1 GTX 770, is that possible ?

Thanks a lot !!

I too have a 770 sc acx and Asus VG248qe and face the same dilemma, I could either sell my current card and get a 780ti (which in the end would cost me about $450.00 to upgrade) OR throw another 770 sc acx in SLI for $300.00 and get closer to a constant/stable 144fps for my 144hz monitor than a single 780ti could. Remember the VG248qe is 1080p so the 2GB of VRAM should do pretty darn well (for BF3 and BF4). 

If you plan on getting the new ROG Swift monitor or something similar (1440p @ 144hz), then the 770 sc just wont cut it. Thus, 780ti or 780ti SLI.

My only issue with the 780ti (which is a beast) is its 3GB of VRAM. The only reason I have an issue with this is bc we are on the verge of seeing the GTX 800 series come out. I'm interested to see what these cards will offer (more VRAM and performance).

On that note, this is my plan:

GTX 770 SC in SLI with my Asus VG248qe for ultimate 1080p 144hz gaming experience (but less future proofing). Wait for the 800 series to come out and upgrade monitor to ROG Swift and either get new 800 series GPU OR 780ti if not impressed with 800 series. (780 will drop in price anyway so WIN WIN!).

Constructive opinions would be most appreciated....