Upgrading W7 to W8 when already dual booting W7 and Linux?

Go to solution Solved by ohJey,

I'm running Antergos and Windows 7 on my T400 thinkpad, and i was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the windows 7 install to windows 8 by installing windows 8 with their "keep your files" thing?

Would the upgrade process overwrite Grub, thus requiring reinstalling it or other extra fiddling?

You could install Windows 8.  After that, the windows boot loader will be installed.  So you'll have to boot a linux live CD and then install and repair GRUB. (there's many tutorials online for that)

I'm running Antergos and Windows 7 on my T400 thinkpad, and i was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the windows 7 install to windows 8 by installing windows 8 with their "keep your files" thing?

Would the upgrade process overwrite Grub, thus requiring reinstalling it or other extra fiddling?

I think it would mess up GRUB, back up your Linux partition before doing it, I actually used EasyBCD to mess with GRUB.

You could install Windows 8.  After that, the windows boot loader will be installed.  So you'll have to boot a linux live CD and then install and repair GRUB. (there's many tutorials online for that)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Ok thanks.