AMD A10 or i5/i3 for Laptop

Medic47

I am considering getting a new laptop, My old Asus is just about done and i am looking for options for a new one. I have concluded that my budget is probably a max of $650.

One of the options that i came across was a Acer E series that had a A10 7300m CPU and r7 265m for dedicated graphics. its around by budget at $599.

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX53157

However, should i consider a more expensive i5 alternative?

Something like this:

http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX50240

Your input would be great!

The A10 would be my choice since the i-GPU is significantly more powerful but if for that price you can get a GTX 650M or something like that then I'd go with Intel. Otherwise stick with the APU.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Okay thanks, appreciate the help. All the geforce options are a bit too high for my budget, i already have an i7 and 780 in my desktop rig so raw gaming power isn't really a big deal.

Okay thanks, appreciate the help. All the geforce options are a bit too high for my budget, i already have an i7 and 780 in my desktop rig so raw gaming power isn't really a big deal.

Ahh in that case head for the A10 mate

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I would go with the A-10. But if the graphics isn't a big deal, the i5 might not be a bad option either. 

You should also look into the reviews and the build quality.

The i5 looks more solid when it comes to design though.

#SAMSUNG  "provided us 4 1tb ssds so we could run the whole site off solid state." - LinusTech

#GALAXY

#ATIV