cold war 2

chimmychunger

I actually wonder if we did get into a war with Russia (or china) would we need to draft or do we have enough soldiers as is.

Tough to say, there are a lot of variables that would have to be figured out before a good answer could be reached. Will China join Russia in a conflict against the US? Will the EU/NATO join the US in a conflict against Russia and/or China?

In my humble opinion, enough people would join up if a war kicked off with Russia, to make a draft unnecessary. However if China decides to join Russia, I would expect a draft. Just my thoughts.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I actually wonder if we did get into a war with Russia (or china) would we need to draft or do we have enough soldiers as is.

Quick back of the envelope figures both russian or china total military capacity exceeds that of the US nearly double the case of china, and roughly 1.5 times in the case of russia, though im not breaking it down by active/reserves/paramilitary russia has a greater percentage of its population as its military capacity, while china has far less meaning china could easily raise a greater army if needed.

Tough to say, there are a lot of variables that would have to be figured out before a good answer could be reached. Will China join Russia in a conflict against the US? Will the EU/NATO join the US in a conflict against Russia and/or China?

In my humble opinion, enough people would join up if a war kicked off with Russia, to make a draft unnecessary. However if China decides to join Russia, I would expect a draft. Just my thoughts.

If china did decide to join russia in waging war on nato that would be a nuclear senario

Quick back of the envelope figures both russian or china total military capacity exceeds that of the US nearly double the case of china, and roughly 1.5 times in the case of russia, though im not breaking it down by active/reserves/paramilitary russia has a greater percentage of its population as its military capacity, while china has far less meaning china could easily raise a greater army if needed.

There is more to modern warfare than headcount. The US's naval and air power dwarf that of China and Russia, so assuming the war primarily takes place in eastern Europe, these are very large advantages. I know you cannot win a war without boots on the ground, but you can certainly make the other guy's lives hell from the air.

If china did decide to join russia in waging war on nato that would be a nuclear senario

Perhaps I am naive but I don't believe that any of the worlds leaders want to kill civilians on a scale that a nuclear scenario presents. 

There are a couple potential exceptions in my mind but since they do not play into this scenario I will keep those to myself. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The cold war has yet to really end.

It "technically" did