Colored Tubing vs. Colored Water

Fairly simple which should I chose and why. :) 

Personal preference, coloured liquid is more hassle, but I think it looks better than coloured tubing.

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

Adding dyes to distiled water is fine, there are many good dyes that won't gunk up or reduce the flow, but if you are doing maintenance and want to replace the fluid, you need the exact same color. The dyes also stain the blocks and tubes, so if you want to change your color theme, or use parts like the CPU block on another system in the future, the old color won't go away, and will stain everything.

Using distiled water and colored tubing is easier hassle-free, but be sure you are using high quality tubbing/hard acrylic.

Water because you can change it more easily. 

Not if it stains your blocks and tubing..

N64 HTPC: [Completed]

Main PC: i7 4770k @ 4.2 Ghz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock TF | Asus Z87 Maximus VI Formula | G Skill Ripjaws X 16GB | Zotac GTX 1070 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Seagate 1TB Hybrid | Samsung 840 EVO 128GB | Corsair 1200i | Thermaltake Core P5

RGB Accent Lighting is still the best for me. :)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I prefer colored Water. Now let me explain what I see, as the Pro's and Con's.

Pro's (Of Colored Water):

Looks better (IMO)

Doesn't add issues (if high quality)

Can look at many different options in the loop, before deciding on one (fairly cheaply)

Can be changed for a different color scheme.

Won't break down, or can be replaced cheaper/easier.

Con's (Of Colored Water):

Can gunk up your system (If you use a cheap product)

Can stain your loop (Again, depends on the color, and the product)

Can VERY minorly alter performance (It's so low, that it's pretty much a non-issue)

Now, while those things look bad, and good... I think the good out weighs. For a few reasons.

One, If you use a high quality product, you won't have issues with gunk, or any build up, and it won't break down.

Two, How often do you change the color scheme of your entire build, without changing parts in your build? For most (including myself) it's not often if ever.

Three, It's a fluid! You can see the fluid moving through the blocks (to a degree), and it looks FABULOUS! Tubing is static, and boring.

I like coolant coloration... ^That's why. :)

Also, either way, the way to add color to a water cooled build is NOT THROUGH LIGHTS. Accent with the components, and the loop, and light it up with a white light.

Looks so much better. Colored lights just make everything the exact same color, and kills any planning you did to make it all look good together.

(The only exception is with UV Lighting)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I prefer colored Water. Now let me explain what I see, as the Pro's and Con's.

Pro's (Of Colored Water):

Looks better (IMO)

Doesn't add issues (if high quality)

Can look at many different options in the loop, before deciding on one (fairly cheaply)

Can be changed for a different color scheme.

Won't break down, or can be replaced cheaper/easier.

Con's (Of Colored Water):

Can gunk up your system (If you use a cheap product)

Can stain your loop (Again, depends on the color, and the product)

Can VERY minorly alter performance (It's so low, that it's pretty much a non-issue)

Now, while those things look bad, and good... I think the good out weighs. For a few reasons.

One, If you use a high quality product, you won't have issues with gunk, or any build up, and it won't break down.

Two, How often do you change the color scheme of your entire build, without changing parts in your build? For most (including myself) it's not often if ever.

Three, It's a fluid! You can see the fluid moving through the blocks (to a degree), and it looks FABULOUS! Tubing is static, and boring.

I like coolant coloration... ^That's why. :)

Also, either way, the way to add color to a water cooled build is NOT THROUGH LIGHTS. Accent with the components, and the loop, and light it up with a white light.

Looks so much better. Colored lights just make everything the exact same color, and kills any planning you did to make it all look good together.

(The only exception is with UV Lighting)

Thank you for the detailed explanation and with this build chances are I won't be changing from red/black for a while.

Thank you for the detailed explanation and with this build chances are I won't be changing from red/black for a while.

I heard that red dyes are the worst ones.