GIGABYTE's Z97 Colour Schemes, Opinions?

Hello,

First off I don't know wether I have posted this in the right sub-forum or not, so if not please alert me and I will delete the post :)

I'm on the search for a new Z97 system, that I can later upgrade by popping in a Broadwell CPU, so after scoping out most of my parts it came to the motherboard. Usually I go with GIGABYTE motherboards, as I have always had good experiences and as shallow as this may be, I have always liked the design over the ROGs or the M-Powers of our industry. So like usual I went to the site and began searching and I've realised...

GIGABYTE have lost all sense of Identity?!

Every board either resembles an ROG board from Asus, or one of their mainstream boards from the Z87 line. 

I realise this is a highly opinionated subject but has anyone else noticed this and agree with me that the previous 3-4 generations colour schemes and designs have been much, much nicer? We've hit a point really where if you're buying a high-end board your getting mostly the same features across all vendors and the appearance of a board is a big selling point, and I feel that GIGABYTE have ditched their well known colour schemes that identify them, e.g. G1 Gaming boards being bright green, and have now fit comfortably into the 'trend' that all board makers have decided to follow. [Red+Black]

I've chosen my board as the Asus Z97-A motherboard as it has a great price point, full ATX size versus the skinny models that you find here and there, SATA Express support. Can somebody please tell me as a bonus if the PCB is Black? because in some images it seems brown, and the thought of having to pay an extra 50% cost just for a black PCB on a similar board scares me..

Anyway let the opinions flow! Thankyou.

post-46215-0-92371200-1405822041_thumb.j

I loved the green and black I'm gutted that they dropped it

Z87 gigabyte looked perfect. IMO, it was perfection in motherboard aesthetics, and no one has topped it since. Z97 gigabyte looks awful. 

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I loved the green and black I'm gutted that they dropped it

As did I, it was actually going to be my board of choice before I realised they have completely cut it. It's sad because Nobody else has a board that isn't Red and Black, Gold and Black or Yellow and Black.. Where are my Blues! Greens! Any. Other. Colour. PLEASE.

I like the new one, but I wished they had kept the green scheme. :(

i'm a potato

Z87 gigabyte looked perfect. IMO, it was perfection in motherboard aesthetics, and no one has topped it since. Z97 gigabyte looks awful. 

Completely agree. Its like its a whole new team designing the motherboards, that hasn't looked at their previous work or anybody else in the market.. Great shame.

I'm really confused as to why the background of the picture is the Yosemite 5k from Apple... 

I'm really confused as to why the background of the picture is the Yosemite 5k from Apple... 

Had to pick something, and that was all that was in my downloads folder.

Would like to see the green ones again or maybe new colours.

What sort of colours would you want to see?

A purple motherboard would be pretty awesome

What sort of colours would you want to see?

Maybe a Pink Motherboard or a Purple one or mix the Colours lile begin bin Yellow and end whit Orange.

A purple motherboard would be pretty awesome

Would be awesome. :)

I heard some ramblings a few years ago at somebody doing another White PCB motherboard, I would LOVE to see that surface, as a limited edition of course, but it would be great to see..

I heard some ramblings a few years ago at somebody doing another White PCB motherboard, I would LOVE to see that surface, as a limited edition of course, but it would be great to see..

White whit a bit of Gold.

White whit a bit of Gold.

That would be amazing

And when i look at the Z87 Motherboards, they look like there was really someone working on these Motherboards but when you look at the Z97 Motherboards, some of them are pain in the eyes.

I love gigabyte nearly as much as you do and when I was switching to Z97 I was hoping to get a G1 sniper board as they look amazing and no one else has a board like it but I had to settle for the Z97X SOC which is still an amazing board and the orange colour is amazing but I am still disappointed in the lack of green colour schemes

My Current Rig: CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: H100i MOBO: Gigabyte Z97X SOC GPU: XFX Radeon HD 7950 Tahiti pro (Died 6/07/2014 RIP) & PowerColour HD7950  GPU Cooler: NZXT G10 W/ Corsair H55 HDD&SSD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB + Corsair GS 128GB + Samsung 840 EVO 250GB PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2.  

That would be amazing

I was going to spend a LOT of time on this, but I realise by the time I had the thread would be dead, so I was beginning to make a White ASUS Mobo; here it is:

Pls realise this took like 10 minutes, I do want to do a full photoshop edit on it, but it would take, Way to long..

post-46215-0-75475100-1405825925_thumb.j

I was going to spend a LOT of time on this, but I realise by the time I had the thread would be dead, so I was beginning to make a White ASUS Mobo; here it is:

Pls realise this took like 10 minutes, I do want to do a full photoshop edit on it, but it would take, Way to long..

This looks amazing I would buy this

My only problem with the neon green for gaming is this: G.Skill, corsair, and Mushkin don't make any matching RAM for it :(

Pretty sure I should blame the RAM makers for this, but still...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd