My questions are...

1.) Is it going to work or to i need watercooling?

2.) Is it going to be loud because all of the vibration on the wood?

3.) If it is going to work, do you want to see a build log?

post-87107-0-14882400-1405714189.png

post-87107-0-37428500-1405714200.png

I would just buy the desk case from Lian-Li before trying that. All sorts of problems could happen. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Just buy one ^^^

Will be way better and work 100%

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

but that's boring and costs a lot of money

But looks better, is higher quality, and is guaranteed to work on the first try.

Unless he has metal and woodworking tools already, it will be cheaper to buy a pre made desk.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I don't want tobuy a premade desk or anything because that would be pretty expensive and i am going to build a table anyways... And i guess it would be alot of fun.

@gagpatzerl,

• Will work on all air.
  • I doubt the system will contribute any vibration to the structure. You may want to mount drives on a foam/rubber gasket.
  • Yes.

•Don't use a drive tower, mount them flat just above the surface. There should be lots of room to do this. If the budget allows, consider going all ssd.

•You probably do not need the rear fans. Run the ventilation from left to right so warm air blows into the center of the desk.
•Consider moving the motherboard forward and rotating it 90 degrees - with the rear facing inwards. This will let you bring in all external cables through one entry.
•Consider turning the psu on its side so that the fan draws air in from the side and exhausts out the back.
•Perhaps you can mount a USB hub at the front beside what I am guessing is the optical drive.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@brob 

i am probably going to buy one SSD and one sata III 2TB drive and build something like a USB hub at the front... thanks for your advise 

And which PSU should i use, i am thinking about the RM650 or the RM750 from Corsair or are there better and cheaper ones out there?

And which PSU should i use, i am thinking about the RM650 or the RM750 from Corsair or are there better and cheaper ones out there?

Well first off, what are the overall components that you're going to be putting into this custom in-desk PC?

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

@isHypnophobic

I am going to use my old components from my old rig:

• AMD FX-6350, 6x3.9 GHz
  • 8 GB DDR3-1333 (2x4GB, PC3-10600), Dual Channel
  • AMD Radeon R9 280X, 3GB GDDR5
  • ASUS M5A97 2.0, AMD 970, AM3, ATX
  • 2000 GB SATAIII Festplatte
  • 22x DVD+/-Brenner, DoubleLayer
  • Wireless LAN, 300 MBit, PCI
  • 630 Watt Thermaltake Berlin, 12cm, 80+
  • ATX-Midi Deflector
  • Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (OEM)

Check out the EVGA G2 220-G2-0750-XR; XFX P1-650B-BEFX, P1-650X-XXB9 or P1-550G-TS3X; any Seasonic of appropriate size.

I am going to use my old components from my old rig:

-snip-

I see. Wow, yeah please upgrade to something that is at least 80+ Gold!

So it looks like you'll need a minimum of 550w--which @brob has given good recommendations. I'll add Seasonic's SSR G 550W and Corsair's CSM 650W to the recommendation list. I've used them on builds before and they've performed spectacularly--I'm actually using the Seasonic PSU I mentioned on my current rig!

Lastly, I'd like to say that no matter what power supply you pick, it has got to be Semi or Full Modular since you're working inside a desk. Less cable clutter and great cable management will be imperative.

Edited by isHypnophobic

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

@isHypnophobic

Thanks for your advise...  :)  I already decided to buy the Corsair RM 850 because in future i want to buy a second Graphics Card and run Crossfire...

I don't know what pricing is like in Austria, but  EVGA G2 850W (220-G2-0850-XR) is a far better power supply than the RM-850 and in N.Am. is currently less expensive.

@isHypnophobic

Thanks for your advise...  :)  I already decided to buy the Corsair RM 850 because in future i want to buy a second Graphics Card and run Crossfire...

Ah! Yes, that would make sense for CrossFire. @brob, is correct though--if you find that the EVGA supernova is cheaper in your area then you should go for it (currently it is a whole 30 USD cheaper in the USA).

I'd like to see a build log of some sort! xD Message me when it's GO time.

The problme is i can't get it because  amazone doesn't send EVGA products to Austria....

Does anybody know something about Fan Controllers and can suggest me one?