Let's talk sleeving.

Izaya Orihara

So you guys may have wondered why I haven't showed of my rig here yet. And well now you'll get an awnser. I'm not happy with it yet. I mean It's a great rig but it's not perfect yet. Why is it not perfect? The cabels of my AX1500i. The cabels crisscross at some point and are really stiff and well I don't like that.  

So I'm wondering how hard is it to sleeve cabels? Should I do it myself? Should I have somebody else do it? How long does it take? What do I need to get the job done? How much will it cost? 

Thanks for helping me out :)

It's not the sleeving that makes it stiff, but the copper inside the cable. You will need to replace all the cables not just sleeve them if you want to make them more flexible. For this you will need all the pins, connectors, crimping the wires, etc.. and will be tons of work. Some sleeved cable extensions will be much easier to manage while having 0 risk of shorting your your $500 PSU

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Please stop posting this on every topic.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You're not happy with it yert? Nice.

I actually want my cables to not be sleeved. The medium-density of almost every power supply is worse than non-sleeved or fully sleeved.

Of course, sleeving isn't hard, but it takes time. Depending on how many cables you're sleeving. It's simple, just put the sleeve over your cable and fit them nice and snug. Simply, but not easy.

As long as you got time, you can do it.

Please stop posting this on every topic.

reported him -_-

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

He's trolling. xD

Yeah well he's getting banned.

Spoiler

It's not the sleeving that makes it stiff, but the copper inside the cable. You will need to replace all the cables not just sleeve them if you want to make them more flexible. For this you will need all the pins, connectors, crimping the wires, etc.. and will be tons of work. Some sleeved cable extensions will be much easier to manage while having 0 risk of shorting your your $500 PSU

Hmm... 

You're not happy with it yert? Nice.

I actually want my cables to not be sleeved. The medium-density of almost every power supply is worse than non-sleeved or fully sleeved.

Of course, sleeving isn't hard, but it takes time. Depending on how many cables you're sleeving. It's simple, just put the sleeve over your cable and fit them nice and snug. Simply, but not easy.

As long as you got time, you can do it.

It's called a typo you yert. (I hope you can tell what insult sound similair to it.)

Pshh perfectionist :D

Just get sleeved extensions yo.

So extension huh... I'm kind of not happy with that. Yes I am a little bit of a perfectionist and this is a perfect solution... But I'll consider it. 

Bitfenix sleeved cables +1, If they don't have the colour you want get ready to spend some time and patience sleeving, there's some threads on here with tuts.

Only plus I could see from custom sleeving is colour choice, as I wanted white it was a no brainer.

CPU: I74770K @ 4.2, MOBO: ASUS Z87 EXPERT, RAM: CORSAIR VENGANCE PRO 16G @ 1886, GPU: EVGA DUAL FTW GTX 780, CASE: NZXT H440 WHITE, STORAGE: 840 EVO 120GB (OS), 1TB SAMSUNG 7200 RPM (MASS), PSU: CORSAIR RM750, DISPLAY: DUAL LG/ACER 1080p LED, COOLING: H100i, STOCK CASE FANS, ACCESS: RAZER DEATH ADDER + GOLIATH PAD, WHITE SLEEVED CABLES, UV LEDS.

So extension huh... I'm kind of not happy with that. Yes I am a little bit of a perfectionist and this is a perfect solution... But I'll consider it. 

Not sure if corsair has released the custom sleeved cables for the AX1500i yet, but if they have you could try those. They will still be stiff, but the individually sleeved cables make it easier to work with. Also buy some cable clips or combs, they will make it much easier.

Spoiler

Its a cheaper solution than buying them made by someone else but I've hear good things about say Corsair's sleeved kits etc. EVGA has their own now too.

Its a cheaper solution than buying them made by someone else but I've hear good things about say Corsair's sleeved kits etc. EVGA has their own now too.

but you don't get the certification that evga's will work with corsairs psu's 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Not sure if corsair has released the custom sleeved cables for the AX1500i yet, but if they have you could try those. They will still be stiff, but the individually sleeved cables make it easier to work with. Also buy some cable clips or combs, they will make it much easier.

The same cables for the axi series are compatible with the ax1500i too. Honestly, the stock Corsair cables are easier to work with than the individually sleeved cable kit. The latter does look better, especially if laced or cable combed.

but you don't get the certification that evga's will work with corsairs psu's 

This is true, but most should work with other brands.