Upgrading Voids Warranty?

Geralt

Hey guys, first time poster but long time lurker here.

Just wanna ask you guys if I were to open up my Asus G56JR laptop to access the HDD bay and RAM slots, will it void my warranty?

I've heard of people getting their warranty voided after upgrading their HDD to an SSD.

Thanks in advance. :)

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Welcome to the forum.

You usually have a sticker that says: "Warranty voided if opened" that blocks certain screws. If you can't find that sticker it's usually fine because they can't track whether you opened it or not anyway. Asus has been pretty reasonable when it comes to this from what I can remember.

Welcome to the forum.

You usually have a sticker that says: "Warranty voided if opened" that blocks certain screws. If you can't find that sticker it's usually fine because they can't track whether you opened it or not anyway.

Yeah there's no sticker except for a rubber stopper on top of the screw that holds the door on.

~~~SnapDragon~~~

| CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X @ PBO & -0.06v offset | CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 |RAM: 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200MHz @ 3600MHz 1.45V| Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite  | Storage: Crucial MX300 500GB + Western Digital Blue M.2 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Western Digital 1TB Blue | Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced 8G | Case: Cooler Master HAF X | PSU: Superflower Leadex Silver 650W |

Yeah there's no sticker except for a rubber stopper on top of the screw that holds the door on.

then even if it does void warranty they wont know

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Its usually fine to upgrade ram and the hdd but if u open the whole thing it will most likely void your warrant and as @Nohrellas said if theres no sticker it should be ok.

Thanks guys. I'll go ahead and upgrade it then. Just as a side question, is the Asus G56JR laptop released in the US yet?

~~~SnapDragon~~~