PS4 vs GTX 750 Ti

Ariona

Wich is better?! 

Got into an argument with a friend who thinks their PS4 is better than my GTX 750 Ti, I beg to differ, and don't dare buy a console. 

Graphics wise the PS4 is equivalent to a high range PC APU, the Gtx 750 Ti could absolutely no doubt crush it, but YGamer has a point.  

you are basically comparing between a 7790 with very good optmization vs a 750 ti with standard optimization, ps4 wins by graphics arent everything in life, i stood with my pc when it was small, when it had a shameful 6450, but my pc has grown into a magnificent beast due to the love and care(and the £400 of shit that i paid for)

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well, technically the PS4 because it can actually play a game. A 750ti alone can't play a game. 

I Lol'ed so hard. 

Graphics wise the PS4 is equivalent to a high range PC APU, the Gtx 750 Ti could absolutely no doubt crush it, but YGamer has a point.  

On paper the 650 ti should win, reality is that the better console optimization leads to the ps4 winning, for example planetside 2 is maxed on the ps4 at around 50-60 fps, a 650 ti with any cpu cant do that

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

the PS4 graphics is similar to the AMD HD7870

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_4_technical_specifications

but in all serious note

Generally speaking, if your rig can out do a console, you're up to date and or future proof

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I think the real is question here is: Why does it matter? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I think the real is question here is: Why does it matter? 

I guess it's about a modern but low-end GPU outperforming "next gen" consoles.

I guess it's about a modern but low-end GPU outperforming "next gen" consoles.

I can see that, but its not like the console are new anymore, and these kinds of topics have been beaten to death many times over. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

I'm guessing someone edited that Wikipedia page, because there is no way it would be on par with a 7870. If it was, it would be able to run Watch_Dogs at 1080p.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I'm guessing someone edited that Wikipedia page, because there is no way it would be on par with a 7870. If it was, it would be able to run Watch_Dogs at 1080p.

not sure but the source linked is like the same

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/171375-reverse-engineered-ps4-apu-reveals-the-consoles-real-cpu-and-gpu-specs

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

but in all serious note

Generally speaking, if your rig can out do a console, you're up to date and or future proof

it's a nerfed version of the 7870, it's actually much closer to a 7850 from what I heard. Either way the 750ti should perform as well if not better in most cases while drawing a lot less power.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it's a nerfed version of the 7870, it's actually much closer to a 7850 from what I heard. Either way the 750ti should perform as well if not better in most cases while drawing a lot less power.

exactly

and while the PS4 GPU is much more better than the GTX750Ti on paper

I can swap my GPU in the rig to a better one easily

Well, first off, the GPU in the PS4 is pretty close to a HD7850 and a R9 270 and both of them destroy the GTX 750 Ti in benchmarks.

The Playstation isn't that weak considering its price and exclusives like DriveClub and Uncharted: a thiefs end show what the hardware is capable of (real time global illumination and huge draw distances with a huge amount of triangles)

144Hz goodness

Wich is better?! 

Got into an argument with a friend who thinks their PS4 is better than my GTX 750 Ti, I beg to differ, and don't dare buy a console. 

the true ? (for me at least)

PS4 = 750ti

but you will never see his true power because

all games come downgrade for low power consoles

(s XBO fault)  <_<

Wich is better?! 

a ps4 has a GPU thats between  a 265 and a 270 (1152 cores) and underclocked to 800mhz

and since an AMD 265 is faster than a 750Ti

then no

a PS4's GPU  is faster

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i forget add

i hear that the game "The Last of Us" will come to PS4 on 1080p and is awesome 

we maybe watch his true power here (on the PS4)  :ph34r:

Well, you cant run a 750ti on its own, graphics wise, a ps4 should do a bit better (I think its about equivalent to a gtx 660, correct me if im wrong)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

In terms of graphical fidelity the ps4 might hold up fairly well against a 750 ti but there are so many other advantages to a pc, like you can adjust settings to get a playable framerate, exclusives, mods, input devices, costs, multi monitor, oculus rift ect. So a pretty clear win for the 750 ti imo

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)

The PS4 GPU is better than a 750 Ti, but hey, resolution also matters. Most games in the "new next gen consoles" run at 900p, or like the Linus video, at 792p.

I would take a PS4 with friends, than a gaming PC alone. I find more funny playing with friends than looking at awesome graphics. Anyways PC is better.

This PC Master Race crap is so dumb.... 

5820K - ASUS X99-A - 16GB Corsair LPX - HD 7970 GHz - Qnix 1440p @ 96Hz - Waiting for Polaris/Pascal