Steelseries Siberia Elite Vs 9H

ItsPulse

I'm looking for a good headset for gaming, but it will also be used for everyday things, music, movies, etc. Just in general sound quality, comfort, and also style is a factor, but not as important :) I've come down to the Siberia Elite and the 9H. I don't have a sound card, so that's one reason I like these headsets, as they have one included, but if you would like to recommend a different headset or maybe a sound card or both, please do!

Oh and also, the microphone doesn't matter at all.

If the microphone doesn't matter, you should buy headphones. Given the budget range your're considering, Sennheiser HD 558 or Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro. Or even AKG K612 Pro.

If the microphone doesn't matter, you should buy headphones. Given the budget range your're considering, Sennheiser HD 558 or Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro. Or even AKG K612 Pro.

I have a feeling you might have hd558's, can you still mod 558's? 

OT: If you care about looks, the elite's are really unbeatable and I think in a video linus said they don't sound too bad either for a headset. with gaming headsets, all those "sound cards" do is boost bass imo and you don't really need anything to drive the headsets either.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Oh and also, the microphone doesn't matter at all.

Just for that one single line: get a real headphone, instead of a headset. Anything that sounds good for music will sound good with games.