Video Editing PC Build For $1000

Go to solution Solved by Silver Knight,

trouble

that board don't like SLi or CrossFire

Guessed as much, but didn't have the time to check MSI site... :(

Well, for CF you can go with Gaming 3... :)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($339.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($25.98 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($135.99 @ Amazon)

Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($79.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($359.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($43.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1200.89

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

I am looking for some additional input on a build for a friend. My friend want's a PC for video editing that can also play any game at max graphics and also record game play for $1000 but will go up to $1200 if the extra money is justified.To record games Fraps, Action, and a capture card is used depending on what exactly he is recording for. The video editing software used is Camtasia and Sony Vegas. Software is simply transferable so that is not needed in the cost. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, also if a dual Ethernet nic could be added in budget that would help greatly when uploading to YouTube and streaming to twitch. Also the operating system is a non issue because he is going to try windows 8.1 (most likely with classic shell or similar program) first and and then decide wither he want's to use window's 8 or 7. Also he want's a cool looking case the fractle and corsair cases he say's are to plain but he still want's drive cages with removable sleds which is why I chose the case I did.Matching ram is also important if possible.

My Experience: I have been building PC's for 4 year's I currently work for geek squad at BestBuy repairing computers.

Build Link

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/techfigurebsa/saved/pLqBD3 

This is a case he liked but is not exactly on PC part picker 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811124156

Thank you for taking your time to help it is much appreciated. 

Many tasks such as Video rendering, Streaming and recording can be accelerated by Cuda and I am not sure if amd's cards can due the same but after research I believe Nivida cards  are better at these tasks. . But I am indifferent to Amd or Nivida and will do more research on the R9 290 tri-x for these applications. It is also very expensive for a budget build.

Thank you for your input.

I am looking for some additional input on a build for a friend. My friend want's a PC for video editing that can also play any game at max graphics and also record game play for $1000 but will go up to $1200 if the extra money is justified.To record games Fraps, Action, and a capture card is used depending on what exactly he is recording for. The video editing software used is Camtasia and Sony Vegas. Software is simply transferable so that is not needed in the cost. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, also if a dual Ethernet nic could be added in budget that would help greatly when uploading to YouTube and streaming to twitch. Also the operating system is a non issue because he is going to try windows 8.1 (most likely with classic shell or similar program) first and and then decide wither he want's to use window's 8 or 7. Also he want's a cool looking case the fractle and corsair cases he say's are to plain but he still want's drive cages with removable sleds which is why I chose the case I did.Matching ram is also important if possible.

My Experience: I have been building PC's for 4 year's I currently work for geek squad at BestBuy repairing computers.

Build Link

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/techfigurebsa/saved/pLqBD3 

This is a case he liked but is not exactly on PC part picker 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811124156

Thank you for taking your time to help it is much appreciated. 

Try this :D That PSU is for a possible future CF :D

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($25.98 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 290 4GB TurboDuo Video Card  ($359.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $1154.89

Try this :D That PSU is for a possible future CF :D

Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $1154.89

trouble

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

trouble

Motherboard: MSI Z97-Gaming 3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($135.99 @ Amazon)

Total: $1200.89

whoops bro

Gaming 3 is great for Single GPUs

Gaming 5 is the other good option

or this

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97g55sli

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97ssliplus

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Many tasks such as Video rendering, Streaming and recording can be accelerated by Cuda and I am not sure if amd's cards can due the same but after research I believe Nivida cards  are better at these tasks. . But I am indifferent to Amd or Nivida and will do more research on the R9 290 tri-x for these applications. It is also very expensive for a budget build.

Most video editing software does not require Nvidia cards with Cuda cores. Sony Vegas Pro does quite well accelerating renders with AMD cards. Camtasia requires any card with DirectX 9 and Shader 2 or better, which is pretty much any modern gpu.

It wasn't clear to me if memory was needed or not.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($126.90 @ Newegg)

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($0.00)

Storage: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: Asus Radeon R9 280X 3GB DirectCU II Video Card  ($299.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Enermax OSTROG ATX Mid Tower Case  ($52.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $929.82

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

What kind of videos is he editing? Is he planning to sli/cf?

Since when did streaming and recording get accelerated by cuda..?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thank you guy's for all of your help I will go with this build