how much does Amazon charge to ship to Australia?

melias24

Hi, I am buying my pc components from Amazon, I worked out $147 aud converted from USD (roughly) for 46 pounds, could someone please confirm this, and it says I qualify for free shipping, so does this mean I'll get free shipping?

Thanks

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

that would mean free shipping

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

Hi, I am buying my pc components from Amazon, I worked out $147 aud converted from USD (roughly) for 46 pounds, could someone please confirm this, and it says I qualify for free shipping, so does this mean I'll get free shipping?

Thanks

wait amazon will let you ship to Australia since when (gasps)

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

Well everything but a motherboard I had a hard time finding an Amazon seller that ships to Australia, and apparently they even take care of customs fees!!

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Thanks

It's free shipping inside the U.S.

Man, I really don't think you're saving much money if any, $150 shipping plus 10% gst if you're over $1000. If you've got $1500 worth of gear coming, there's $300 you've paid in shipping and tax straight away.

Thanks

They will probably slap on shiping fees after, and you may have to pay import charges and import tax

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It's free shipping inside the U.S.

Man, I really don't think you're saving much money if any, $150 shipping plus 10% gst if you're over $1000. If you've got $1500 worth of gear coming, there's $300 you've paid in shipping and tax straight away.

yes I'm prepaired, I am just planning ahead I'm selling my current build and my Xbox 360.

From what my Australian friends tell me:

Amazon will ship to Australia for free, no tax, etc. At customs, up to $1000, you won't get charged the duty and any local taxes (import fees). Australian customs is very lenient, apparently. Can't say for sure though, but that's based on what Amazon did with PS4 pre-orders for Australian customers on Amazon.com

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

free shipping is always only for US, and when u are about to pay for the items on the last page of checking out, amazon shows the price of the item and the shipping cost.

Trust me. You do not want to ship from amazon. It is very expensive and the free shipping is only available if you are inside the US. I would buy everything from Australian retailers. I was in the exact same position as you. I had all my parts and was ready to ship them, but shipping it was very expensive so i had to find an aussie retailer. There are quite a few. It's not worth it. Please. Don't do it. You will save a LOT of money.

Have you priced the same build buying from Australian retailers?

Yes I have priced the build in Australia it was close to $2000 not including shipping, so that's about an extra $100...

Yes I have priced the build in Australia it was close to $2000 not including shipping, so that's about an extra $100...

Saving $100?? Not worth the headache. Does that including the gst the government gonna hit you for?

I honestly wouldn't bother, make sure you have good insurance if you go ahead with it...for whatever reason.

Saving $100?? Not worth the headache. Does that including the gst the government gonna hit you for?

I honestly wouldn't bother, make sure you have good insurance if you go ahead with it...for whatever reason.

hmm true well this I just planning for hopefully ill have close to $2000 by time I'm done selling stuff and working...

Where did you look? It shouldn't be that expensive. Use www.staticice.com.au/ to check the lowest Australian price. Try and buy from the same shop so you can save on shipping. $15 compared to $150+ on shipping is a very big difference.

Umart also very good to buy from, most of my build has come from them.

Hmmm ok I'll try them,I want a reference gtx 780, and an sli mobo, but they are too expensive in Australia that's why I was gonna go the American way....

Umart also very good to buy from, most of my build has come from them.

Yes I was going to include them it's just I couldn't say from personal experience if they were good or not but i have heard many good things about them.

Trust me. You do not want to ship from amazon. It is very expensive and the free shipping is only available if you are inside the US. I would buy everything from Australian retailers. I was in the exact same position as you. I had all my parts and was ready to ship them, but shipping it was very expensive so i had to find an aussie retailer. There are quite a few. It's not worth it. Please. Don't do it. You will save a LOT of money.

Its actually very cheap to ship to australia like around 20-40 bucks for a gpu, psu, cpu, ssd

Hmmm ok I'll try them,I want a reference gtx 780, and an sli mobo, but they are too expensive in Australia that's why I was gonna go the American way....

It's fair enough to buy a gpu from the states as it's under the gst threshold and shipping would be reasonable and you'll get a good saving.

Or do what I did and take a risk on a bargain 290 from eBay, I picked up the windforce 290 for 300 bucks, runs like a champ.

Its actually very cheap to ship to australia like around 20 bucks for a gpu, psu, cpu, ssd

I assumed he was also going to buy a case. But maybe he won't.

I assumed he was also going to buy a case. But maybe he won't.

I was gonna buy everything from Amazon.

I was gonna buy everything from Amazon.

Do it and pls stop making the same post over and over again