Looking for a good 120mm/140mm Fans

Lukiose

Hello!~ I'm building a new rig really soon (In a few days) And i'm looking for 2x140mm Case fans + 1x120mm CM212evo fan to compliment my setup.

Requirements are:

Red LED

Quiet

Pushes a decent amount of air(Doesn't need to be extreme).

Currently looking at Bitfenix Spectre Pros, they look really good and from reviews pushes a good deal of air as well. Looking for recommendations on other fans too though.

Bitfenix Spectre non pro

or as you already mentioned BitFenix Spectre Pro..

Both are great fans.. depends on how much u wana pay

Edit: forgot to mention NZXT's FZ-120 AF Fan series..

and also thier FZ-140 AF's

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

for 120mm air fan for a raditor use the silverstone ap121 RL,, as for 140mm fans for airflow bitfinix spectra pro red led will do

Get the spectre pros they look and perform great.

Spectre pros are good.

Don't get Cooler master sickle flows or R4s, though; they die quite quickly.

From what I've read I would go with the spectre's considering that you want a red led. At stock RPM's the spectre pros are louder and push more air however the non pros are quieter and push less air. You also have the option of spending $40 on the bitfenix fan controller to be able to turn off the led's and change the rpm's,

I don't know where you guys got the idea that Spectre Pros are even remotely decent. Not here to promote my self or OCN but I feel the need to tell people the truth. I review fans on Overclock.net, here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1274407/fans-the-most-complete-and-comprehensive-array-of-tests-and-benchmarks/

Read post #2 for methodology if it's important to you but post #1 contains all the numbers and figures about every fan I've reviewed.

Long story short, Spectre Pros are dreadful. They generate a ton of noise and barely move any air. For direct comparison, the older Spectres with lower RPM, move more air and are much quieter. Bitfenix went with the looks rather than performance in this case. I would just avoid the Spectre Pros entirely. 120, 140 or even the 200mm versions all have the same blade design which is highly ineficient.

Another product I would like to compare to Spectre Pros (Just to sink the knife even deeper :D) is Noctua's NF-P12s. On a heatsink (Push mode) they generate pretty much identical noise levels (36.2 dB) but the P12 is able to keep the processor a whopping 9 degrees © cooler than Spectre Pros.

That's it, I'm done ranting.

I don't know where you guys got the idea that Spectre Pros are even remotely decent. Not here to promote my self or OCN but I feel the need to tell people the truth. I review fans on Overclock.net, here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1274407/fans-the-most-complete-and-comprehensive-array-of-tests-and-benchmarks/

Read post #2 for methodology if it's important to you but post #1 contains all the numbers and figures about every fan I've reviewed.

Long story short, Spectre Pros are dreadful. They generate a ton of noise and barely move any air. For direct comparison, the older Spectres with lower RPM, move more air and are much quieter. Bitfenix went with the looks rather than performance in this case. I would just avoid the Spectre Pros entirely. 120, 140 or even the 200mm versions all have the same blade design which is highly ineficient.

Another product I would like to compare to Spectre Pros (Just to sink the knife even deeper :D) is Noctua's NF-P12s. On a heatsink (Push mode) they generate pretty much identical noise levels (36.2 dB) but the P12 is able to keep the processor a whopping 9 degrees © cooler than Spectre Pros.

Do you do all your dB and CFM-per-dB tests at maximum RPM?

Good to see you here though. Decent fan knowledge is lacking 'round these parts.

I would say Silverstone AP121s. Expensive, but VERY effective. I highly recommend it. IMO, they're almost as good as the Noctua NF-F12s. There is also Noiseblocker Black Silent Pros too, but they don't have red led's. They're amazing fans though.

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

@ Toby.

Yes, mostly. Some fans come with LNA adaptors so I include the results from those as well.