3 builds, two budgets

Hello,

I am currently wondering what PC I should buy. I have 3 builds in mind actually, I would like some advices on them.

This is the first computer I build, so I don't really know where to go with it. But I know how to build it, I just don't know what to choose to fulfill my requirements, or even if the choices I do make any sense.

1. Budget & Location

I'm from France (so excuse me if i make any english mistakes), so it might be a bit difficult for you to tell if a config is entering in my budget.

The currency I'm using is the Euro ( € ).

My budget, actually is 750€. But, I can go up to 1200€ if I wait a bit.

2. Aim

The computer I want should be able to run most of the recent games without any problems, but 60+ FPS is not required. I will also use it for work.

I mostly want it to be durable (not only not having to replace components, but also being able to play games with the same config for a long time). Like, 10 years.

That's why I have a budget dilema. Will a 750€ build be able to stand for 10 years? Or should I go for the 1200 one?

So my question is double : Should I take a 750€ or 1200€ build? If I take a 750€ Build, which one is best?

3. Monitors

Im planning on using one monitor when gaming, but for work, I may use two tho, but it won't be graphic extensive work.

4. Peripherals

I don't have to buy any peripherals. But I do have to buy an OS.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I am upgrading because my computer is dying (frequent crashes, not due to the OS because it didn't changed anything when I reformated and reinstalled windows) and I thought it might be a good idea to buy a new computer than to repair (or upgrade) this one, which components are not compatible with new components (except for the GPU, but hey, it's a GeForce 210). The computer I am replacing is a 2009 Packard Bell iMedia 1710.

So I need a new computer as fast as possible. The problem with the 1200€ build is that I won't be able to buy it now, that's why I'm concidering a 750€ build aswell.

So here are my choices :

Option 1 (~750€)

CPU + cooling : Intel Pentium G3258 (3.2 GHz) (Overclocked) + Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3

Motherboard : MSI Z97-G43 GAMING (I saw somewhere that a Z97 chip is recomended with this CPU)

Ram : Kit Dual Channel DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport, 2 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9 (But I might also go with the HyperX Fury Black to)

GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 750TI twin frozor OC, 2GO

Drives : Western Digital Caviar Green 1TO

PSU : Corsair CX430M, 430W

Case : Corsair carbide 200R

Option 2 (~710€)

CPU + cooling : Intel Core i3-4130 (3.4 GHz)

Motherboard : Asus H97M-PLUS

Ram : Kit Dual Channel DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Sport, 2 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 9<br />(But I might also go with the HyperX Fury Black to)

GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 750TI twin frozor OC, 2GO

PSU : Corsair CX430M, 430W

Option 3 (~1110€)

CPU + cooling : Intel Core i5-4670K (3.4 GHz) + Noctua NH-U12S

Motherboard : MSI Z87-G45 GAMING

Ram : Kit dual Channel DDR3 Kingston HyperX Fury Black, 2 x 4 Go, PC3-12800, CAS 10

GPU : MSI GeForce GTX 770 twin frozor OC, 2GO

PSU : Corsair RM650, 650W

The red components are the ones I'm not sure about.

CPU : for the 750€ budget, I don't know if I should buy a Pentium G3258 (Overclocked) with cooling, or a core i3.

I saw that the G3258 can be overclocked in a recent Linus video. What will be its lifespan if I overclock it?

The advantages of these 3 CPU is that they all have the same socket. So an upgrade shouldn't be too painfull.

I don't really plan to overclock, but I might, if I have to (especially for the G3258).

Motherboard : Just wondering if these were good choices. Being sure that everything is compatible and reliable (but I haven't seen any major bad things about them).

GPU : Is it worth buying a GTX 770 in the 1200€ build? or should I take something else?

In the 750€ build, will the GTX 750 TI hold for for a decade without problems? Is it intersting to couple it with these CPUs?

That's about all my worries.

Thank you all by advance for your answers and advices.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£161.94 @ Aria PC) 

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£101.99 @ Ebuyer) 

Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£60.89 @ CCL Computers) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£77.10 @ Scan.co.uk) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (£325.20 @ PC World Business) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£49.93 @ CCL Computers) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK) 

Total: £983.98

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£161.94 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£101.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Kingston Fury Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£60.89 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£77.10 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (£325.20 @ PC World Business) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£49.93 @ CCL Computers) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£59.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £983.98

That is GBP not Euros.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  (€117.90 @ Caseking) 

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (€68.37 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX Grey 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (€68.98 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€51.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (€244.90 @ Caseking) 

Case: Antec Three Hundred Two ATX Mid Tower Case  (€59.90 @ Caseking) 

Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€81.38 @ Amazon Deutschland) 

Total: €693.33

Oh, it's this kind of forum...

So, thank you anyway for your builds but, here are my critics :

MattP123 : Nice build, i'm supprised that with this GPU you managed to have such a low price. The SSD is not required tho.

Coombzy : If you convert, that's about 1233€ so that's good, even if I would prefer french/euro prices references.

Coolbeans : Nice build to, but, I would prefer to buy from France, too much travel isn't good for electronic parts. And this card from this manufacturer isn't available in France. The gigabyte version looks good tho, and even if its more expensive, it still fit in the budget.

Also, I don't like this case sorry ^^', for about the same price, I totally prefere the corsair carbide 200R.

And for about the same price, I will go for the corsair PSU too.

For the CPU, except the 8 cores, can you explain me what are the advantages over the ones I selected? I don't know it, and the AMD brand neither :/ .

Also, don't forget that you have to include the OS in the price.

But all of these doesn't answer some of my questions :

What are their lifespan?

Is it worth investing in a 1200€ build? Or should I go with a 750€ one?