New build for school/ gaming?

joep1034

At my new school i need a new pc, i like to game but for my education i need a quadro. So i am falling in a little gab and i don't know what to do. Please help me what is te best solution for me.

Titan Black offers you things from the quadro's and still keeps the gaming advantage from a GTX card

No No No

Can you spend 500€ or 5000€?

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

@joep1034

Budget?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

What would you use the quadro for? You might be fine with a more powerful GTX card, which would be way cheaper.

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

do you need any of the workstation related features? If not, a GTX 780 has enough power to do both type of loads, work and gaming.

do you need any of the workstation related features? If not, a GTX 780 has enough power to do both type of loads, work and gaming.

well at my school they said that i needed a quadro but i just want the best of both worlds

i was thinking about picking up an quadro k4000 so i can add a GTX card later

What would you use the quadro for? You might be fine with a more powerful GTX card, which would be way cheaper.

i am using the quadro for autocad and revit

well at my school they said that i needed a quadro but i just want the best of both worlds

In terms of CUDA performance the GTX 780 is a lot better than the Quadro K4000-

Quadro supports many features that can be useful on a workstation rig, like  10 bit color. So it's really up to your needs.

In terms of CUDA performance the GTX 780 is a lot better than the Quadro K4000-

Quadro supports many features that can be useful on a workstation rig, like  10 bit color. So it's really up to your needs.

well i am be using the GPU for revit and autodesk

At my new school i need a new pc, i like to game but for my education i need a quadro. So i am falling in a little gab and i don't know what to do. Please help me what is te best solution for me.

It could probably be better, but there is A LOT of room to upgrade. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4930K 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($576.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S 55.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($49.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 ATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($239.98 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Intel 530 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($142.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PNY Quadro 4000 2GB Video Card  ($613.47 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 330R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2097.17
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

my budget is around 1500 to 2000

What currency?

i am using the quadro for autocad and revit

What are you going to be doing/studying? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What currency?

What are you going to be doing/studying? 

i am going to draw in revit autodesk and autocad

i am going to draw in revit autodesk and autocad

Draw what?

I still don't know what currency you're using? What's your budget--$1500-2000 Monopoly dollars?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.