Mouse buying methodology

Good evening,morning,night or whatever it might be where you're from

I thought i'd make a thread about how we buy our computer mice 
And how much luck we've had with that way of shopping

Im doing this because im interested in how the majority does their shopping in an age of amazon and online only stores

So feel free to vote in the poll :)

Personally i walked into the nearest trusted store that sells peripherals and i just flopped my hand down on a few different mice until i found one that i liked.

I have massive hands (Size 11 gloves are pretty damn tight on my hands) 

20140713_171937_zps14dd9ef4.jpg

So i really have to look around for a good mouse that fits. Especially since i only do the palm grip.
I tried the naga that one of my friends bought and i ended up getting hand cramps from having to claw grip it.
So i have to go to the stores and try out many different ones before i can find a good one. 
And i haven't found a mouse that fits my hand as well as the abyssus. (exept for some adjustable mice that were a bit too pricy)

So vote in the poll, Leave a comment about your methodology (optional), And a picture for those that only buy online without trying (optional) of your mouse and grip.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Wasn't able to try out the mouse I wanted (G502) so I just got it immediately. I'm happy with my purchase  :)

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

My hands are pretty average, so nearly any mouse will fit me. 

The last 3 mice I have had, i bought online, and they all fit perfectly. 

The problem is that most stores where I live, don't carry a large variaty mice, so I can't really test them out before beuying.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

@techswede Where did you try out the mice? I'm shopping for a mouse right now, but I want to try anything before I buy it. I also live in Sweden. What store?

Is it a monkey? Is it an ape? I don't care, I LOVE'EM!

@techswede Where did you try out the mice? I'm shopping for a mouse right now, but I want to try anything before I buy it. I also live in Sweden. What store?

when i was in sweden there was a store that stocked the G502 and loads of other gaming stuff, i can't remember what it was called though, i'll ask my friend for you :)

There are quite a few^^ Elgiganten,Siba,Inet etc. I bought mine at elgiganten :)

Inet is a very pc building centric store that should have quite a bit of stuff laying around :) And you could drool over the gpus and mobos that are on display while shopping :P

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I prefer going to a store and try the mouse itself for a while then decide what to buy. It's really important imo

Spoiler

Online and if I hate it I can send it back for free and get my money back :)

I picked 5 mice, ordered them all, tested each for a day and sent back the ones that i didn't like. It takes a big budget and a good return policy, but in the end you only pay for the mouse that you keep. Ended up getting a CM Storm Havoc.

But trying out the generic ones in the store is not bad either. Sadly tere are mostly logitechs, which almost all suck imo. Sometimes you're lucky and they have your average scew of Razer and Roccat mice, maybe even some Steelseires mice. But something exotic like EpicGear mice would never end up in stores. But mice are such a personal decision that it is inevitable to go out and try out everything that could suit you.

who cares...

I don't have anywhere to try them so I just purchase online and hope for the best. My last purchase was a failure, can't wait until the mouse breaks.

I consider trying out things physically a big plus, however due to primitiveness of local stores buying things online without trying out is usually the only option. However I always do a research, find info about the product, read reviews, compare with things I already have and usually ask here on the forum as well, and I almost always come up satisfied. 2 months ago I needed a new mouse, wanted a Mionix Avior which based on my research fitted me the most, but it wasn't available in my country, nor any surrounding country and Mionix webstore in Sweden was the only option. I risked it and it's the best mouse I ever had.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

My hands are pretty average, so nearly any mouse will fit me. 

The last 3 mice I have had, i bought online, and they all fit perfectly. 

The problem is that most stores where I live, don't carry a large variaty mice, so I can't really test them out before beuying.

yeah i basically have the same. and my hands are pretty big so thats actually sort of a problem for me. the last mouse i got was one that my friend had and i tried it out at his place so... Yeah i didnt buy blindly but the asortment at the nearby store sucks real bad i mean its just some crappy mice and razer mice and i just dont like those.

In Ireland the maximum you can find is a black widow and k70 and no gaming mice AT ALL. Yeah it sucks so i guess i just do the research and try... Zowie evo has served me well so far and planning on another mouse purchase. I wish i could try this stuff out beforehand...

In Ireland the maximum you can find is a black widow and k70 and no gaming mice AT ALL. Yeah it sucks so i guess i just do the research and try... Zowie evo has served me well so far and planning on another mouse purchase. I wish i could try this stuff out beforehand...

Damn that does sound like it would suck :/ 

Most mouses are good these days. Just look for one that looks reasonable comfortable however I have had bad experience buying razer products so I wouldn't buy a razer product again but others would disagree with me rightly. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I just get it online.  Razer and Logitech are all Aussie retail stores have for sale anyway.

Most mouses are good these days. Just look for one that looks reasonable comfortable however I have had bad experience buying razer products so I wouldn't buy a razer product again but others would disagree with me rightly.

I got a razer naga as my first good mouse, and it fits my hand so well it feels like a part of me. I will probably stick with razer because I find them very comfortable. The reason you probably dont like them is because of your hand size or proportion, so you would probably do well with another mouse. Everybody is different.

I am a beautiful person who is a good idea to have a good time to time and money to buy a new job and I need some help with the same time for the first time in the middle of the day.

I got a razer naga as my first good mouse, and it fits my hand so well it feels like a part of me. I will probably stick with razer because I find them very comfortable. The reason you probably dont like them is because of your hand size or proportion, so you would probably do well with another mouse. Everybody is different.

No I just lost faith in razer because my Taipan has a sensor problem. I do like their products quit a bit though. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I buy online and return if I don't like it.  Only mouse I havent done that for is my current Deathadder. Found this at Fry's and having never owned an optical mouse before I picked it up.  Never going back to laser ever again.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

When I have found a good mouse from the internet I try to look if the local stores have it so I could test the ergonomics.

If they don't have(haven't happened yet) I would probably just look the reviews and stuff like that.

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya