New water loop, make sure it will all fit please? :D

Hello!

I'm going to upgrade my cooling to a new custom loop when I break up from school, i designed a list of parts but im not sure on them all yet (first custom loop). Im also changing my 7870Ghz crossfire to a single R9 290.

I'm still not sure if the rad will fit my case either.

The full list of parts are:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EK-Supremacy-Clean-CSQ-Universal-Water-Block-/131215080048?pt=UK_Computing_Water_Cooling&hash=item1e8d073a70

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-327-EK&groupid=962&catid=2133&subcat=1845

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EK-Water-Blocks-EK-FC-R9-290X-Acetal-Nickel-paired-with-EK-Backplate-/171382298758?pt=UK_Computing_Water_Cooling&hash=item27e72e5886

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hardware-Labs-Black-ICE-GTS-Lite-240mm-Radiator-Black-/201047578486?pt=UK_Computing_Water_Cooling&hash=item2ecf5e9776

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/33m-(10ft)-masterkleer-1-2-id-3-4-od-hose-dark-red-uv-boxed

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/ek-polished-nickel-plated-brass-g1-4-(bspp)-thread-to-1-2-hose-tail

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V-Laing-D5-Vario-Pump-Swiftech-MCP655-/221485110584?pt=UK_Computing_Water_Cooling&hash=item33918a9538

The reason im not sure if the rad will fit is because the clearance from the top to the motherboard. When linus did a build with the case he mentioned he put the H100i in the top externally then put the fans internally. I wouldn't mind doing the same thing but with a custom loop. Theres a hole near where the pipes would run so they could run through that. I've attached pics

Any help would be nice

post-66965-0-15471500-1405188858_thumb.j

post-66965-0-50553600-1405188873_thumb.j

post-66965-0-16181800-1405188896_thumb.j

post-66965-0-81669800-1405189071_thumb.j

only get one 240mm rad?

if you are reading this you are wasting valuable time and should maybe rethink your life choices.

only get one 240mm rad?

Yeah for now, if the temps are high ill add a 120mm externally on the rear

Dude a single 240mm slim radiator will not be able to cool your overclocked FX 8320 and a R9 290X! If you can't afford more at the moment just wait until you can. And  you should be able to put the radiator inside the case and the fans on top of the case (so technically outside) or just the other way round like you already mentioned. And your fittings don't match the tube. The fittings are 14mm/10mm and the tube is 19mm/13mm. And also the reservoir you chose already has a pump, so you don't need the Laing D5. And get supression fittings.

BTW a slim 240mm and a 120mm rad is still very weak for an overclocked FX 8320 and the R9 290X.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F + AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; ASUS 6800XT TUF; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power 13 850W; Samsung 860 Pro M.2 2TB; PHANTEKS Evolve X

Dude a single 240mm slim radiator will not be able to cool your overclocked FX 8320 and a R9 290X! If you can't afford more at the moment just wait until you can. And  you should be able to put the radiator inside the case and the fans on top of the case (so technically outside) or just the other way round like you already mentioned. And your fittings don't match the tube. The fittings are 14mm/10mm and the tube is 19mm/13mm. And also the reservoir you chose already has a pump, so you don't need the Laing D5. And get supression fittings.

BTW a slim 240mm and a 120mm rad is still very weak for an overclocked FX 8320 and the R9 290X.

I turned the overclock off on the CPU, it went weird xD 

Its not a 290x its the normal 290 but they share waterblocks. Could you give me the link to the right fittings please? a barbed version 

These are the right fittings: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phobya-62151-19-13mm-screw-on-fitting-straight-g1-4-black-nickel-plated

Even without the overclock and it being a R9 290 it's still weak with a 240 slim and a 120. I really wouldn't go with just the 240. So at least get both the 240 and the 120 in the first place please:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-006-BX&groupid=962&catid=1523&subcat=1524.

And remember the waterblock for the R9 290(X) is only for reference design pcbs. An Asus R9 290 DCII will defenetly not fit for example.

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F + AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; ASUS 6800XT TUF; 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600; bequiet! Dark Power 13 850W; Samsung 860 Pro M.2 2TB; PHANTEKS Evolve X

These are the right fittings: http://www.scan.co.uk/products/phobya-62151-19-13mm-screw-on-fitting-straight-g1-4-black-nickel-plated

Even without the overclock and it being a R9 290 it's still weak with a 240 slim and a 120. I really wouldn't go with just the 240. So at least get both the 240 and the 120 in the first place please:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-006-BX&groupid=962&catid=1523&subcat=1524.

And remember the waterblock for the R9 290(X) is only for reference design pcbs. An Asus R9 290 DCII will defenetly not fit for example.

Is it really worth the extra £4 for compression fittings? I can just zip tie them :P 

I know it is, i found a reference sapphire card for £200 im going to get. The case is a CoolerMaster Storm scout 2 advanced

Is it really worth the extra £4 for compression fittings? I can just zip tie them :P 

I know it is, i found a reference sapphire card for £200 im going to get. The case is a CoolerMaster Storm scout 2 advanced

I would say yes. It is just far ore stable, because you really can't pull them out. And it looks a hole lot better. And I red what case you're using in your signature, but seems I edited my post too late  :P .

I would say yes. It is just far ore stable, because you really can't pull them out. And it looks a hole lot better. And I red what case you're using in your signature, but seems I edited my post too late  :P .

I'll look into it, I could always just ziptie the barbs! xD What do you think about the water radiator in the top? Thats what im most concerned about

I'll look into it, I could always just ziptie the barbs! xD What do you think about the water radiator in the top? Thats what im most concerned about

I know but this ziptiing is not that safe and obviously looks not that good. But you can of course do it  :lol: . Well that either the fans or the radiator have to go outside the case is obvious. Now the question is what way will it be? The radiator iside would be better so it doesn't get damaged. It's simple measurement at first. Your Corsair fans are 25mm thick, the radiator is 30mm thick. It's already a tight fit with the fans but 5mm difference is not much and it could fit, but you have to measure that out, because I really can't tell from the pictures (but I think it won't fit). Either way you have to mount the radiator with the in-/outlet facing to the front of the case or you won't have enough space for the fittings + tubing. And there comes the next problem: Next to the fans there is some additional space as you mentioned and as I see in the first picture. And using that space for the connecters of the radiator (if you mount it on top of the case) is theoretically  a good idea but could practically not work because the threads on the radiator are too far to the sides I think, but again I can't tell from the pictures and you just have to try it out. If it's too narrow you could fix that with a "case mod", meaning you just widen this point, but I got the feeling you don't want to do that?  :wacko:

My conclusion: THIS CASE IS SO NOT MADE FOR WATERCOOLING!!!

-> If you really want to go through with this you should start thinking about buying a new case. Not only is this one too tiny, it also has a completly wrong architecture for watercooling. On the Cooler Master homepage they already don't list any 240mm AiO watercoolers compatible. And even if you pull it of with one slim 240mm rad, that just won't be enough for such "hot" components.

I mean just google "cm storm scout 2 water cooling". Yeah you find some build, but noone put a rad in the top. They all put it in the front and in the back

and it mostly lookes messy and ineffective (probably because it's both).

EDIT: Just to say it: You won't even be able to put radiators in the front since you can't remove the bottom hard drive cage in the advanced version.

Edited by Held657

I know but this ziptiing is not that safe and obviously looks not that good. But you can of course do it :lol: . Well that either the fans or the radiator have to go outside the case is obvious. Now the question is what way will it be? The radiator iside would be better so it doesn't get damaged. It's simple measurement at first. Your Corsair fans are 25mm thick, the radiator is 30mm thick. It's already a tight fit with the fans but 5mm difference is not much and it could fit, but you have to measure that out, because I really can't tell from the pictures (but I think it won't fit). Either way you have to mount the radiator with the in-/outlet facing to the front of the case or you won't have enough space for the fittings + tubing. And there comes the next problem: Next to the fans there is some additional space as you mentioned and as I see in the first picture. And using that space for the connecters of the radiator (if you mount it on top of the case) is theoretically a good idea but could practically not work because the threads on the radiator are too far to the sides I think, but again I can't tell from the pictures and you just have to try it out. If it's too narrow you could fix that with a "case mod", meaning you just widen this point, but I got the feeling you don't want to do that? :wacko:

My conclusion: THIS CASE IS SO NOT MADE FOR WATERCOOLING!!!

-> If you really want to go through with this you should start thinking about buying a new case. Not only is this one too tiny, it also has a completly wrong architecture for watercooling. On the Cooler Master homepage they already don't list any 240mm AiO watercoolers compatible. And even if you pull it of with one slim 240mm rad, that just won't be enough for such "hot" components.

I mean just google "cm storm scout 2 water cooling". Yeah you find some build, but noone put a rad in the top. They all put it in the front and in the back

and it mostly lookes messy and ineffective (probably because it's both).

EDIT: Just to say it: You won't even be able to put radiators in the front since you can't remove the bottom hard drive cage in the advanced version.

I'm fine with case modding, did it to my last case xD

Do you know of any slim rads with the connects close together? I can always make the hoe bigger if I have too, a 120mm will fit in the back or bottom with ease. Plus Linus managed to fit a 240mm h100i in the top and so did someone else (can't remember his name though).

It might run warm without the 120mm but at least it'll be better than what it is now :P

I'm fine with case modding, did it to my last case xD

Do you know of any slim rads with the connects close together? I can always make the hoe bigger if I have too, a 120mm will fit in the back or bottom with ease. Plus Linus managed to fit a 240mm h100i in the top and so did someone else (can't remember his name though).

It might run warm without the 120mm but at least it'll be better than what it is now :P

Yeah but the radiator of a Corsair H100i is only 27mm thick. The one you chose is 29.6mm. I know it's only 2.6mm but that could be enough  :P .

There are not really any radiators with the connects closer together, at least I found none. But if you have no problem in widening the space it really is not that much of a problem, I mean it's no complicated mod anyway. The problem is I'm not sure if with a single slim 240mm radiator it will run only "hot" and not too hot. I would really go with at least the 240mm in the top and a 120mm in the back.

I mean they are really cheap and since you thought you need the Laing DDC pump which you don't need it must be in the budget (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-006-BX&groupid=962&catid=1523&subcat=1524).

And I want to mention you are about to use the biggest available tubing + fittngs. That's really not a good idea at all in this case and it just simply makes no difference in performance. I would get 13mm/10mm tubing and fittings if I were you. First you can be sure that they will fit (19/13 could be to big to get two fittings next to another on the cpu waterblock) and second it will be easier to place the tubing, you already don't have much space and you will need the higher flexability of the smaller tubing.

Yeah but the radiator of a Corsair H100i is only 27mm thick. The one you chose is 29.6mm. I know it's only 2.6mm but that could be enough  :P .

There are not really any radiators with the connects closer together, at least I found none. But if you have no problem in widening the space it really is not that much of a problem, I mean it's no complicated mod anyway. The problem is I'm not sure if with a single slim 240mm radiator it will run only "hot" and not too hot. I would really go with at least the 240mm in the top and a 120mm in the back.

I mean they are really cheap and since you thought you need the Laing DDC pump which you don't need it must be in the budget (http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-006-BX&groupid=962&catid=1523&subcat=1524).

And I want to mention you are about to use the biggest available tubing + fittngs. That's really not a good idea at all in this case and it just simply makes no difference in performance. I would get 13mm/10mm tubing and fittings if I were you. First you can be sure that they will fit (19/13 could be to big to get two fittings next to another on the cpu waterblock) and second it will be easier to place the tubing, you already don't have much space and you will need the higher flexability of the smaller tubing.

Will those fittings fit? And the tubing too? I'm really new to this xD All the thread sizes are G1/4 for the radiator etc so isn't that what i need to get

Will those fittings fit? And the tubing too? I'm really new to this xD All the thread sizes are G1/4 for the radiator etc so isn't that what i need to get

Well there alre always two sides of a fitting  :D . Actually most fittings will have G1/4 threads on one side and the other side is mostly for the tubing. As there are different sices of tubing there are corresponding sices of fittings. And the problem with a CPU waterblock like the EK Supremacy is that the connectors are relativly close togetgher. And I'm not 100% sure about that. but I think I remember a review of the Supremacy where they show that using 19mm outer diameter fittings won't fit. Also the bigger the tubing the more place will it take up and the harder it gets to curve the tubing. These are the reasons I suggested smaller tubing. And like I said it won't worsen performance.

Well there alre always two sides of a fitting  :D . Actually most fittings will have G1/4 threads on one side and the other side is mostly for the tubing. As there are different sices of tubing there are corresponding sices of fittings. And the problem with a CPU waterblock like the EK Supremacy is that the connectors are relativly close togetgher. And I'm not 100% sure about that. but I think I remember a review of the Supremacy where they show that using 19mm outer diameter fittings won't fit. Also the bigger the tubing the more place will it take up and the harder it gets to curve the tubing. These are the reasons I suggested smaller tubing. And like I said it won't worsen performance.

So the fittings I chose should fit? There 13mm od. Plus they're slightly bigger than the tubing (pretty sure that's good for a tight fit right?)

The tubing i listed in my last post should fit shouldn't it? I think its smaller than the last tubing plus Linus said its his favorite tubing :D

So the fittings I chose should fit? There 13mm od. Plus they're slightly bigger than the tubing (pretty sure that's good for a tight fit right?)

The tubing i listed in my last post should fit shouldn't it? I think its smaller than the last tubing plus Linus said its his favorite tubing :D

Yes the fittings and the tubing fit, and it's also my favorite sice for fittings and tubing  :) .

WAIT WAIT, just realized, a dual 5inch bay pump res wont fit due to the motherboards 24pin connector being in the way of where a pipe would run. Does anyone know of any single 5 inch bay pump res combos?

WAIT WAIT, just realized, a dual 5inch bay pump res wont fit due to the motherboards 24pin connector being in the way of where a pipe would run. Does anyone know of any single 5 inch bay pump res combos?

Here you go: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alphacool-5-25-Single-Drive-Bay-Repack-Laing-DDC-Bay-Station-Reservoir-/400737317102?pt=UK_Computing_Water_Cooling&hash=item5d4dce30ee

But you will need to buy a Laing DDC extra: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-005-SW&groupid=962&catid=2141&subcat=2142

I must be getting annoying now sorry lol, with the pump installed it still wouldn't fit :S is there a small pump & res that could sit on top of my drive bay?

This is the drive bay Posted Image

There must be a small res and pump that could be put on top of the drive bay?

There must be a small res and pump that could be put on top of the drive bay?

Sure there are quiete some options, but if you want something in stock it gets a bit expensive. Anyway maybe you can find this on some other side?

This would be my actual suggestion: EK-DCP 4.0 PWM X-Res http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-558-EK&groupid=962&catid=2141&subcat=2145

This is what I found in Stock: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-416-EK&groupid=962&catid=2141&subcat=2145

And you are not getting annoying as long as you keep being nice and don't start asking stupid questions  :P .

EDIT: Or you could just buy pump and res of my actual suggestion seperatly and put them together yourself:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-553-EK&groupid=962&catid=2141&subcat=2142

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=WC-476-EK&groupid=962&catid=2133

Would save you 20 bucks.

Edited by Held657