Is a large RAD worth it?

Go to solution Solved by brob,

Is getting a swiftech 320 over a h100i worth it? Its $50 more and are the temps much better. Or is water cooling not worth it in general and i should get a dark rock pro 3 or something?

Depends on what you want.

If you are simply looking for a decent cooling solution with some headroom for a bit of overclocking then a good air tower like the Dark Rock or one of the larger Noctua are good choices.

If you want decent cooling with some headroom for a bit of overclocking without memory module restrictions and/or which doesn't obscure a big portion of the motherboard, i.e. using a windowed case, then something like an H100i is a good choice.

If you want to push the overclocking without immediately getting into a custom loop and/or want the option to get into a custom loop, something like the H320 makes sense.

Is getting a swiftech 320 over a h100i worth it? Its $50 more and are the temps much better. Or is water cooling not worth it in general and i should get a dark rock pro 3 or something?

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!

If you are simply looking for a decent cooling solution with some headroom for a bit of overclocking then a good air tower like the Dark Rock or one of the larger Noctua are good choices.

If you want decent cooling with some headroom for a bit of overclocking without memory module restrictions and/or which doesn't obscure a big portion of the motherboard, i.e. using a windowed case, then something like an H100i is a good choice.

If you want to push the overclocking without immediately getting into a custom loop and/or want the option to get into a custom loop, something like the H320 makes sense.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

wonderful answer

Ok thanks!

† TTCF Member † Jesus loves you! Have a good day and stay techie!