[Idea] Linus Media Group should start a Podcast

As of just now, as I am listening to the after-show of the 7/11/14 WAN Show, I have concluded that Linus Media Group should start a podcast. Soon after the after-party started Taran entered the room to say 'hi' but he got caught up in conversation with Linus and Luke. This went on for about an hour after the show and I found it to be pretty entertaining.

I was listening to it as I was working on my current build for my Artifice build guide. The WAN Show is by far the best, and my favorite weekly analysis live-stream. Even if I can't watch it live, I make it a chore for myself to watch it later, but I guess it's not so much a chore as I really enjoy every minute of it. The after-party was something different. I haven't made it to many live streams and therefore haven't watched many after-parties. I don't know if it's like this all the time, but I thought that it should take place more often and be recorded so that people like me who don't always make it to a live show can consume some of the amazing content that the Linus Media Group spews out of their mouths as they just talk to each other about current events, history, and generally entertaining things.

There's not much to show with content like that, so  I thought to myself, this would be perfect for a Podcast. (I didn't say that out loud BC that would be weird)

It really wouldn't be hard to do because with something like a podcast there doesn't really have to be that much planning because most of the content just comes up from general conversation. It doesn't even have to be live, or even happen more than once a month.

I don't know If this Idea or a similar one has ever struck the brilliant minds behind Linus Media Group, but if it did, why hasn't there been any way to get this content without attending the after-party? 

Anyway, I'm probably just sharing my small Idea with a small amount of people that actually put it upon themselves to click the title I have constructed above and those people might not even agree with me, but I would surely enjoy listening to a Podcast featuring people like Linus, Luke, Taran, and maybe even Brandon once or twice a month while falling asleep or in transit. And If I came up with this Idea, there's surely some few people that agrees that it might be great. 

It's not a bad idea, but I don't know if they would be able to spare the time to do such a thing.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Why cant you just listen to the archives without watching? Thats the same as a podcast....

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I though about the very same thing as well but making it a podcast would be even better than video since it would be more about what they are talking about rather than trying to see things they are referencing to much like what the WAN Show is. I think having a much more relaxed theme for the podcast would also be a good thing to do since it would mean that they wouldn't have to prepare for it at all or maybe have a few topics to have a debate on and see where it goes from there. I honestly think it would catch on since all 3 of they were really interesting to listen to even though they were talking about everything and nothing. +1 from me for a podcast like this. Definitely would listen to it.

I though about the very same thing as well but making it a podcast would be even better than video since it would be more about what they are talking about rather than trying to see things they are referencing to much like what the WAN Show is. I think having a much more relaxed theme for the podcast would also be a good thing to do since it would mean that they wouldn't have to prepare for it at all or maybe have a few topics to have a debate on and see where it goes from there. I honestly think it would catch on since all 3 of they were really interesting to listen to even though they were talking about everything and nothing. +1 from me for a podcast like this. Definitely would listen to it.

Exactly what I'm thinking

(Just if anyone was confused, this would be different than listening to the audio-only WAN Show)

It's not a bad idea, but I don't know if they would be able to spare the time to do such a thing.

They had an hour of time after the WAN Show, minutes ago.

You can download the audio of the WAN Show off soundcloud. They put it up weekly.

I like watching the wan show, there's actually a reason to WATCH it because they have visuals for the news stories and headlines they share. A podcast would be different, instead of weekly analysis they could just talk to each other and the audience abut random things kinda like the after-party just now.

They had an hour of time after the WAN Show, minutes ago.

bTIZKmZ.gif

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

The afterparties used to be more of an all the time thing. Linus' kid getting old enough to be taken care of by the dad in a more meaningful way, the show time changing, and also not working out of his garage kind of changed that. However, we still get 20-30 minutes or so of awesome, informal afterparty every few shows, so that's cool.

The other things to mention are that the WAN shows themselves are available as podcasts at https://soundcloud.com/TheWANShow, but it hasn't been updated since the end of April, so I don't know if they're going to continue to do that. There was also talk a while back about doing shorter, more informal shows during the week, but I think that idea has been nixed because of the time it would take away from other projects that are more important to the company as they're already all working all day every day to make things happen.

The last thing is that Slick usually streams games on Twitch (http://www.twitch.tv/luke_lafr) as an unofficial afterparty. Linus usually isn't there (though he often shows up in twitch chat and calls Luke a butt), but he is sometimes (he might be tonight), and there a group of mods that are in teamspeak with Luke that have some pretty decent banter.

Edit: I guess Luke isn't streaming until ~12-1AM PDT if at all tonight because life. So probably no Linus.

CPU-AMD FX 8350 @ 4.9Ghz | GPU-Sapphire 7970 OC | Motherboard-AsRock Extreme9 990fx | RAM-8GB Mushkin Blackline Ridgeback

Case-NZXT Switch 810 | Heatsink-NZXT HAVIK | SSD-Samsung 840 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barricuda 1TB; WD Green 2TB
PSU-Seasonic X-Series 850 Watt | Mouse-Razer Naga | Keyboard-Razer Blackwidow | Speakers-Logitech z623

I like watching the wan show, there's actually a reason to WATCH it because they have visuals for the news stories and headlines they share. A podcast would be different, instead of weekly analysis they could just talk to each other and the audience abut random things kinda like the after-party just now.

Go find another podcast. They are too busy to do one. I recommend the Giant Bombcast. 

I should be studying.

There was a pooll actually more than half said they would. but, There were majorities saying that video comp is enough.

Details separate people.