Recording at a frame size bigger than native resolution?

Hello

I am attempting to record my PC gameplay at 1080p (1920x1080), using the Avermedia Live Gamer HD Pro.

When I select the frame size I wish to record at, I am able to select 1920x1080, but when my gameplay has finished recording and I go to review it, the frame size is my monitors native resolution (1440x900). 

The things I need answers for:

Why, am I getting my native resolution (1440x900) as the end production when I selected 1920x1080?

(The setup for recording is this. Graphics card -> HDMI -> Capture card HDMI in -> Capture card HDMI out -> HDMI -> Monitor)

Why, if the input for the Capture card is directly from the Graphics card, doesn't the footage return as 1920x1080?

(My Graphics card does support this resolution) 

I have heard that some games, for example, pickup your monitors resolution and cap the settings based on your monitors native resolution, rather than the max Graphics card supported resolution. Could this be what is happening here? Is the end production being capped at 1440x900 because it picks up that my monitors native resolution is 1440x900?

Thanks to all in advance, it means a lot. 

This is also my first time posting on the forums, so I apologize if I placed the post in the wrong spot, or didn't tell you guys something that might help solve my problem.

post-105031-0-25799000-1405012112.jpg

post-105031-0-25799000-1405012112.jpg

Some programs just don't support it. I know Shadowplay does, I record in 1080p, but my monitor is only 1680x1050. Look through the recording options to see if there is something to tell it to ignore the native resolution. But keep in mind the image would be either stretched or you will have black bars surrounding the video with the actual footage in a 1440x900 section in the middle. Or you can try downsampling, but you would need a GPU that can support the higher resolution. 

The way I record at 1080p with Shadowplay is it stretches the image, but it's not as significant as it would be in your case.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Never used the Live Gamer, so I can't speak to it's settings. But theoretically, even though you've got the Live Gamer set to record at a higher resolution, it's only going to record the resolution that the game is being played at. If it would record higher, I'd imagine it would stretch the actual 1440x900 image to fit a 1920x1080 recording, which wouldn't look very good. And if you ran the game at a higher resolution than your screen can handle, part of the game image is going to be outside of the visible screen area. If you can find the settings or some hacks for the Live Gamer software try it out. Otherwise, I'd recommend just recording at your native resolution. Nobody is actually going to notice Nobody you should worry about is actually going to noice on YouTube. lol

Some programs just don't support it. I know Shadowplay does, I record in 1080p, but my monitor is only 1680x1050. Look through the recording options to see if there is something to tell it to ignore the native resolution. But keep in mind the image would be either stretched or you will have black bars surrounding the video with the actual footage in a 1440x900 section in the middle. Or you can try downsampling, but you would need a GPU that can support the higher resolution. 

The way I record at 1080p with Shadowplay is it stretches the image, but it's not as significant as it would be in your case.

I'd imagine Shadowplay may be able to do it because it's running directly from the GPU, so it may be running the game at 1080 in the background, only pumping 1050 to your monitor, then recording the 1080 frames it was making originally.

Don't know though, I use Bandicam on top of Shadowplay and just record at whatever resolution I'm running the game.

Steam: SolvingJunk

YouTube: SolvingJunk

Twitter: @SolvingJunk

Never used the Live Gamer, so I can't speak to it's settings. But theoretically, even though you've got the Live Gamer set to record at a higher resolution, it's only going to record the resolution that the game is being played at. If it would record higher, I'd imagine it would stretch the actual 1440x900 image to fit a 1920x1080 recording, which wouldn't look very good. And if you ran the game at a higher resolution than your screen can handle, part of the game image is going to be outside of the visible screen area. If you can find the settings or some hacks for the Live Gamer software try it out. Otherwise, I'd recommend just recording at your native resolution. Nobody is actually going to notice Nobody you should worry about is actually going to noice on YouTube. lol

I'd imagine Shadowplay may be able to do it because it's running directly from the GPU, so it may be running the game at 1080 in the background, only pumping 1050 to your monitor, then recording the 1080 frames it was making originally.

Don't know though, I use Bandicam on top of Shadowplay and just record at whatever resolution I'm running the game.

No, it does not run the game at 1080p, it just stretches the image. It's easy to spot in the recording. But it still looks better than me uploading a 1680x1050, which Youtube limits to 720p on playback.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I've been really eager to find some sort of work around.

I tried forcing 1920x1080 with CCC (catalyst control center) but when i do (obviously) is looks very.. kind of as if it's very far back into the screen if that makes sense and the quality looks like (not in game) it needs Anti-Aliasing.

Ill screenshot two comparisons. Would forcing downsampling remove the text jaggy's? if so, then I am perfectly fine with forcing the two when I wish to record! 

post-105031-0-96092700-1405052119_thumb.post-105031-0-54144500-1405052127_thumb.

I have to say that, reviewing the post, the pictures don't all show that well the problem of the jaggy's, the quality loss is kind of hiding it.

I have to say that, reviewing the post, the pictures don't all show that well the problem of the jaggy's, the quality loss is kind of hiding it.

I was about to say I don't see much of an issue lol. But downsampling, in theory, should make the image look cleaner. Maybe not on your monitor, but when viewed on a higher resolution monitor it should look much cleaner. I've never messed with downsampling before, so I can't advise you personally on outcomes, but here's a pretty in-depth post I found on the GAF. LINK

Steam: SolvingJunk

YouTube: SolvingJunk

Twitter: @SolvingJunk