[Build Log] Satan's Cave Project

MarQue98

Holy shit I can't believe that this doesn't got at least 100 followers yet, this is awesome!

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Holy shit I can't believe that this doesn't got at least 100 followers yet, this is awesome!

well i don't really care if this gets a lot of views or not, i'll just post the things that happen and if people decide to like it i appreciate that :)

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

Question, was this inspired by what I planned to do?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

probably not.

It was started months after he subbed to mine tho.\

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

So i need to take the heat sink off if i want to spray that frame. I don't think we have 99% alcohol laying around here and asking my parents would raise eyebrows and result in an instant no-no.

You can get some from ebay for cheap, or your local pharmacy

And it would not, as this Isoprophyl and that is not that alcohol that you can consume

or if you want to make it cheap`n`dirty, use nail polish remover

it works to a level ( i cleaned my xbox 360 heatsink n stuff with that) and works... but honestly, if you are in no hurry, order loads of them for a pound on ebay. you might need some later on :)

He's not going to make a desk because he saw somebody else doing it, he's going to because it's convenient for him and he's interested in making a desk!

It was started months after he subbed to mine tho.\

I already had the plan to make a new desk because my current one is a little bit small, but the whole damn-this-pc-in-desk-idea-is-awesome thought came up when i saw l3p d3sk. Since then i started designing things in sketchup, and then realised i could actually make it happen. I did take inspiration from a lot of other builds though (mostly on this awesome forum :D)

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

You can get some from ebay for cheap, or your local pharmacy

And it would not, as this Isoprophyl and that is not that alcohol that you can consume

or if you want to make it cheap`n`dirty, use nail polish remover

it works to a level ( i cleaned my xbox 360 heatsink n stuff with that) and works... but honestly, if you are in no hurry, order loads of them for a pound on ebay. you might need some later on :)

Yeah well i'll think about it. I also thought that maybe i can tape the parts of the frame i don't to paint off and just grab a pencil and use that, but i'm not sure if that'll look bad

very small update guys,

my dad and I sew (is that what the past simple of sawing is?) quite a few parts for the desk, the 2 top peaces, 2 sides, bottom and the back of the pc + drawers section, and one leg.

I don't have photo's yet because my dad finds it annoying when i take pictures while we're working on it, and it's not very interesting right now, since it's not put together yet. Stay tuned though, pictures will come when the assembly begins.

I also really can't decide which fan's to buy. I like the corsair led version for it's led's (duhh) but you can see right through them, where as with the sp's(which if i'd get those, i'd probably paint the blades red) you can't, but there's also no led's ( corsair y u make no sp led version :(  :angry: ) 

soooo basically i'm asking for a suggestion / alternative so if you have one please let me know :)

that's it for now, see ya!

very small update guys,

my dad and I sew (is that what the past simple of sawing is?) quite a few parts for the desk, the 2 top peaces, 2 sides, bottom and the back of the pc + drawers section, and one leg.

I don't have photo's yet because my dad finds it annoying when i take pictures while we're working on it, and it's not very interesting right now, since it's not put together yet. Stay tuned though, pictures will come when the assembly begins.

I also really can't decide which fan's to buy. I like the corsair led version for it's led's (duhh) but you can see right through them, where as with the sp's(which if i'd get those, i'd probably paint the blades red) you can't, but there's also no led's ( corsair y u make no sp led version :(  :angry: ) 

soooo basically i'm asking for a suggestion / alternative so if you have one please let me know :)

that's it for now, see ya!

I believe Corsair do static pressure LED fans now: http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/air-series-sp140-led-red-high-static-pressure-140mm-fan-twin-pack.

Thanks :D just looked up a video to see what they look like and i think i'm going to wait for them to release! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work ,keep it up :)

THOR D3SK V2,Asus Maximus VII Hero  ,INTEL4790K,CorsairHX1000i,ASUSR.O.G MATRIX PLATINUM R9 280X  CROSSFIRE,SAMSUNGSSD840 pro RAID0Corsair Force LX 120Gb RAID0,WD 2Tb Black Edition,CORSAIR Dominator Platinum16GB, CUSTOM WATERCOOLED

CUSTOM BUILD 2014

Nice project! Seeing all these desk builds has me wanting to give it a shot, but my woodworking skills are nonexistent. Looking forward to seeing this progress :)

Nice project! Seeing all these desk builds has me wanting to give it a shot, but my woodworking skills are nonexistent. Looking forward to seeing this progress :)

thank you! Well i'm not great either, my dad helps me out. We both discuss what i want and what to do, then he mostly just uses electric tools which i assist him at.

So maybe you can get someone interested to help you out as well :)

Fans I recommend: ap121, ap123, aerocool Ds led fans

Fans I recommend: ap121, ap123, aerocool Ds led fans

Thanks for the recomendation. I'm probably gonna go with the aerocool fans since they're so quiet, and also have anti vibration thingies on the corners, which will help a lot in my case. Or should i say: in my desk. Ha-ha-ha.

;)

Thanks for the recomendation. I'm probably gonna go with the aerocool fans since they're so quiet, and also have anti vibration thingies on the corners, which will help a lot in my case. Or should i say: in my desk. Ha-ha-ha.

;)

I have the aerocool, really nice and quiet and blowy

Yeah im 99% sure that i'll go with those. Just want to finish the structure of the desk before i order them, so i know exactly how many i need

Announced update time!

"What the heck does that mean?"

well, i do have an update, but apparently i can't upload photo's atm.. in the advanced uploader the bar goes to 100% but it doesn't actually upload the photo, and the basic uploader just keeps loading aswell..

Tried different photo's, same result.

Oh well, i guess this'll get the hype-train rolling right? ;)

Damn man, if that's your main mouse, you need a new one.

I have one of those Trust wireless mice and, even though it's somewhat comfortable, it sucks so much if compared to real mice.

Mine even stops working every now and then (not because of the batteries)... I hate it.

Nice modding, anyway.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

Damn man, if that's your main mouse, you need a new one.

I have one of those Trust wireless mice and, even though it's somewhat comfortable, it sucks so much if compared to real mice.

Mine even stops working every now and then (not because of the batteries)... I hate it.

Nice modding, anyway.

as for the house, it is really old, like over 200 years probably. + my room is kinda messy ;)

*facepalm*

i thought you said "if that's your main house"...

yeah i kinda need a new mouse too :P

this one works fine though, and if i'm going to buy a new one i want a good one with all the features i need/want, which will cost me more than i can afford at the moment

as for the house, it is really old, like over 200 years probably. + my room is kinda messy ;)

*facepalm*

i thought you said "if that's your main house"...

yeah i kinda need a new mouse too :P

this one works fine though, and if i'm going to buy a new one i want a good one with all the features i need/want, which will cost me more than i can afford at the moment

ahahahahahahhahah I was like: house? he probably meant mouse... over 200 years? that's just a way to express it's old... his room is kinda messy? dafuq.

Yeah, you are definitely doing the right thing, save to get something really bad ass when you can afford :) ! And congrats because your mouse works fine... I can't game with mine and had to buy another one like 1 week after :( - the regrets (I couldn't return it). Now I only use it with my laptop or when watching movies from mah bed.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

ahahahahahahhahah I was like: house? he probably meant mouse... over 200 years? that's just a way to express it's old... his room is kinda messy? dafuq.

Yeah, you are definitely doing the right thing, save to get something really bad ass when you can afford :) ! And congrats because your mouse works fine... I can't game with mine and had to buy another one like 1 week after :( - the regrets (I couldn't return it). Now I only use it with my laptop or when watching movies from mah bed.

which one did you have? ( the one that broke after a weak) so i know i don't want to buy that one ;)