[Build Log] Satan's Cave Project

MarQue98

which one did you have? ( the one that broke after a weak) so i know i don't want to buy that one ;)

The same Trust wireless mice you have got. It's not broken, it's just really faulty and stops working for 2~4 seconds every now and then, so I cannot game with it. Either I was unlucky or you were lucky!

In any case, I have a random cheap Gigabyte mouse for the time being but my Mamba is on its way to daddy.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

The same Trust wireless mice you have got. It's not broken, it's just really faulty and stops working for 2~4 seconds every now and then, so I cannot game with it. Either I was unlucky or you were lucky!

In any case, I have a random cheap Gigabyte mouse for the time being but my Mamba is on its way to daddy.

well a friend of mine told me he also bought this mouse. twice. because the first one also broke within a very short time..

now he has a logitech one from like 70 bux. expensive, but well worth it

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

I wonder how much it would cost to make a desk like that completely from stainless steel....

Not to mention how heavy it would freaking be.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I wonder how much it would cost to make a desk like that completely from stainless steel....

Not to mention how heavy it would freaking be.

yeah i guess i'd be a bad person if i'd recommend that to somebody :P

My Build log of the Satan's Cave PC Desk Project is starting to get in action! Come check it out if you feel like it  :) 

Still can't upload photos :(

earlier this day i already had an error with the forums, did any of you guys have that too? or is my internet kicking ass again?

yeah i guess i'd be a bad person if i'd recommend that to somebody :P

Meh, I'd do it. I'd want one with a damascus blade style finish.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

apparently i was able to post photos again, just sometimes i get random error500 on some photos that just will not upload... o well..

Update timeee

So this is where the project is at after 4 weekends of working on it.

the reason i haven't posted any updates so far is because it was never really in an exciting state, it were just some parts waiting to get put together.

well, that time has come.. without any further ado, here is what it looks like as we speak

(sorry for the bad quality, apparently my camera takes photo's in a whopping 2MP and my phone isn't much better :( )

post-81583-0-35543400-1411830180_thumb.j

with the keyboard tray extended

post-81583-0-48738300-1411830186_thumb.j

i didn't feel like paying another 30 bux on keyboard drawers, so my dad made a squared whole in a piece of wood on both sides of the drawer, so yeah it slides wood-on-wood, but it's surprisingly smooth, without stuttering :)

post-81583-0-97082700-1411830192_thumb.j

the framework underneath

post-81583-0-72583800-1411830210_thumb.j

the leg in the back has a double bottom so the subwoofer can sit there

post-81583-0-91796100-1411830230_thumb.j

put that bad-boy in there ;)

post-81583-0-95636000-1411830241_thumb.j

the back has a cut-out so the cables can go through there

post-81583-0-63019300-1411830311_thumb.j

Now please don't pay too much attention to the cable-management, the pc isn't in it's final position yet and there are no cable holes yet, so it is one big mess to the right of me :unsure:

That's it for now! my dad and i both only have time to work on the project in the weekends so that's why it took so long to get where we are now, but i'm personally very happy with how it's coming together now and i hope you guys'll agree with me. 

Cheers!

Nice, I like the look of the sub in its cubbyhole, it looks so cosy. what colour will it be or will you leave it as is?

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

Nice, I like the look of the sub in its cubbyhole, it looks so cosy. what colour will it be or will you leave it as is?

thanks, i first was afraid the hole would be too big and you'd be able to see inside, but it fits perfectly :)

i'm going to paint it black. after all this is a gaming desk right ;)

kinda like this

post-81583-0-50276000-1411839664.png

• 1 month later...

Small Update:

The desk is in it's test phase right now, i'm pretty much using it the way it is now, to see if the height needs to be adjusted.

Also, the lack of updates is probably because of the fact that i have a sh*t-load of tests coming up next week, so I've been putting a lot of time in studying etc.

I've also decided that black isn't the color i want to go with, since it eats up so much light. My mom covered the desk with black fabric and i could already tell that that was not what i wanted.

I do really like the color of it now, but the only problem is that i do want the PC-box to be black. So maybe I'll go in between and make it a darker brown/grey, or I'll leave the surface like this and paint the inside of the PC-box black. 

I'll experiment with that after my test-week is over.

That's it for now, have a nice day to you all

Small Update:

The desk is in it's test phase right now, i'm pretty much using it the way it is now, to see if the height needs to be adjusted.

Also, the lack of updates is probably because of the fact that i have a sh*t-load of tests coming up next week, so I've been putting a lot of time in studying etc.

I've also decided that black isn't the color i want to go with, since it eats up so much light. My mom covered the desk with black fabric and i could already tell that that was not what i wanted.

I do really like the color of it now, but the only problem is that i do want the PC-box to be black. So maybe I'll go in between and make it a darker brown/grey, or I'll leave the surface like this and paint the inside of the PC-box black. 

I'll experiment with that after my test-week is over.

That's it for now, have a nice day to you all

What about varnishing the wood?

Also, it's good to see you back.

What about varnishing the wood?

Also, it's good to see you back.

i'll just have to look for what all the options are, probably do some test-painting on left-over wood, and then decide what i want to go with. As far as I've seen (with that i mean google image search :P) varnishing does look quite slick but it also adds a lot of glare, I'll have to see if i like that in real life

i'll just have to look for what all the options are, probably do some test-painting on left-over wood, and then decide what i want to go with. As far as I've seen (with that i mean google image search :P) varnishing does look quite slick but it also adds a lot of glare, I'll have to see if i like that in real life

Also check out stain, it will colour the wood but is soaks into the wood to is not shiny. You could make it look like your desk is made of a much more expensive wood than it is :P

• 4 weeks later...

I know, I am sorry and i want to apologize, but for the last 2 months i'm experiencing some major energy problems. School is wearing me out like crazy and i need the weekends to recover, and for the last two weeks i called sick twice because i'm just so beat up.

I'm sorry i can't deliver the expectations right now.. also I can't promise anything, maybe i'll be jumping all over the place with energy going through the roof next week, maybe i'm going to have to wait for the Christmas holidays.. I just can't tell.

I am going to finish the desk of course, what's the point of a half-finished project right?