My Build Planning Log!

:P Hello, Forum!

My name is Adam; I am a new member.

To introduce myself to the forum I am posting the planning log for my first build for my senior-year of high school and all of college.

I hope that my build is worthy enough to make me a member of The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race.

To preface this build, I have been using a 2010 15" Apple MacBook Pro since freshman year at boarding school.

I want an upgrade.

My intentions are to use this build to...

1. Ease my aspirations to major in both computer science and computer engineering.

2. Help me out big time with my aspirations as a musical artist and designer.

3. Make gaming a very rewarding experience.

I think "Pinku" will do its job well.

Please provide constructive criticism and other feedback if you can!

I present to you...

post-83949-0-07859000-1404884399.png

ORDERED HARDWARE

1. BitFenix Mini-ITX Tower Case, Midnight Black [Ordered]

$79.99 + Free 2-Day Shipping w/ Prime @ Amazon.com

2. BitFenix Prodigy Mesh Front Panel, Black & Pink [Ordered]

$20.30 + $8.20 Shipping @ Amazon.com

3. ASUS Z97I-Plus Mini-ITX Motherboard [Ordered]

$156.99 + Free 2-Day Shipping w/ Prime @ Amazon.com

4. Intel Core i7-4790K Processor [Ordered]

$339.99 + Free 2-Day Shipping w/ Prime @ Amazon.com

5. ASUS GeForce GTX Titan Black 6GB Video Card [Order]

$999.99 + Free Shipping @ Microcenter.com

6. Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866MHz Desktop Memory [Ordered]

$159.23 + Free 2-Day Shipping w/ Prime @ Amazon.com

7. Western Digital 4TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Desktop Hard Drives [Ordered]

$229.99 + Free 2-Day Shipping w/ Prime @ Amazon.com

8. Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i [Ordered]

$97.16 + Free 2-Day Shipping w/ Prime @ Amazon.com

9. Noctua NF-F12 industrialPPC 3000 PWM 120mm 3000RPM Fans [Ordered]

($34.99 x 5) = 149.75 + Free Shipping @ Aaawave.com

CURRENT EXPENDITURE: $2,724.38

WAITING TO BUY

1. LG Electronics UM95 34UM95 34-Inch 3440x1440 LED-Lit Monitor [saving To Buy]

$1,299.59 + Free Shipping @ Amazon.com

2. Samsung Electronics Samsung 850 Pro-Series 2.5" 1TB SATA III Internal SSD [saving To Buy]

($729.99 x 2) = 2,189.97 + Free 2-Day Shipping w/ Prime @ Amazon.com

3. Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB LED Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Cherry MX Blue [Not Yet Available]

Waiting For Availability @ Amazon.com

I'm waiting for the price of the 34UM95 to drop, the AOC model to be released on the market, and the 850 Pro to drop in price. Way too expensive right now.

UPDATE #1

I will be creating a "Project Pinku Build Log" in the "Build Logs Section" and document the entire build once I have received every necessary item.

Stay tuned. ^_^  

UPDAT#2

Guys, I just found out that not a single PSU that can supply a minimum wattage of 1000 watts fits the BitFenix Prodigy.

Thus, I have been forced to cancel the order and figure something else out.

I will be looking for a larger case. The build will no longer be Mini-ITX specific.

In the meantime, I will decide on a preferably aluminum or steel case that can be painted.

I will update this post when I find something. Peace.

UPDAT#3

After having given the subject some serious thought and analysis throughout my day, I have decided to select the arctic-white Corsair C70.

I will be retaining the pink theme to this build, but will be changing the secondary color to white. It works for me, since my favorite colors are pink, white, and black.

I will modify the plastic parts of the case to be pink by either painting or dying them. Now I just need to find out how to best do this...  :unsure: 

UPDAT#4

Okay, guys! Big update! I've made up my mind! I'm sticking with the black and pink BitFenix Prodigy. I've posted the new list of hardware in the "Ordered Hardware" spoiler. I've committed with my final choice! Thank you so much, guys! I can't thank you guys enough for the help you've been. I have loved all the advice and suggestions. I will be creating a build log in the build logs section when all the parts arrive. In the meantime, I'll still be looking for pink LED strips, a monitor, keyboard, mouse, mousepad, and two SSDs.

What do you think of "Pinku"?

I am open to constructive criticism and suggestions.

BUDGET: $3000

#PINKMASTERRACE #PINKISTHEMANLIESTCOLOR

Is that a full sized case? mid tower? cant really tell. But if your planning on getting that heafty of a psu and 2 of thoes long gpu's AND the h100i, there is no way your gonna fit it all in there 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

hang on is this is a build log or planning? if its planing what's your budget and uses and read this 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Pink build FTW

guess your inspiration is from Yui of Angel Beats!

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Is that a full sized case? mid tower? cant really tell. But if your planning on getting that heafty of a psu and 2 of thoes long gpu's AND the h100i, there is no way your gonna fit it all in there 

It is a Mini-ITX case. The PSU limitations are 180mm. The Enermax Platimax 1350W PSU fits, but I was hoping to explore other options. The 295x2 fits.

You forgot a part of your signature.

You're missing ",unobservable universe"

Looking for a power supply now..

Pink build FTW

guess your inspiration is from Yui of Angel Beats!

Not exactly! I just like black and pink. But I do like Angel Beats.  :P

I stand corrected. Didnt think anyone could fit all that into a mini itx lol

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

hang on is this is a build log or planning? if its planing what's your budget and uses and read this 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/

Fixed. Yes, this is a planning log. I am definitely buying the black and pink BitFenix Prodigy, but am asking for guidance on the other parts.

SeaSonic M12II 850W power supply will fit just fine. It's 160mm and provides more than enough power for your system.

(SS-850AM if you want to google it quickly)

Also, that's gonna be a sweet build. Might want to invest in a good Noctua AF series fan. Need to get all the airflow you can get for those two radiators.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAWAAAAAAAAAAAIII BUILDU ADAMU SENPAI!!

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Not exactly! I just like black and pink. But I do like Angel Beats.  :P

i see your build is missing SSD

get the Corsair SSD and spray paint the cover to become pink

Corsair Ax1200i is 200mm x 150mm x 86 mm (WxDxH)

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

SeaSonic M12II 850W power supply will fit just fine. It's 160mm and provides more than enough power for your system.

(SS-850AM if you want to google it quickly)

Also, that's gonna be a sweet build. Might want to invest in a good Noctua AF series fan. Need to get all the airflow you can get for those two radiators.

Thanks. Looking into it now. And I do plan to buy Noctua fans, btw.

Fixed. Yes, this is a planning log. I am definitely buying the black and pink BitFenix Prodigy, but am asking for guidance on the other parts.

do you need a 295x2? do you plan on gaming at 4k? if your not just save your money and get a 290x or 780ti and a ssd 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

SSD!

You forgot a part of your signature.

You're missing ",unobservable universe"

Looking for a power supply now..

Thanks. LOL. Adding it now.

Thanks. Looking into it now. And I do plan to buy Noctua fans, btw.

Get an Industrial one just 'cause :)

do you need a 295x2? do you plan on gaming at 4k? if your not just save your money and get a 290x or 780ti and a ssd 

No need to upgrade if you've got a 295x2..

Get an Industrial one just 'cause :)

No need to upgrade if you've got a 295x2..

woop's all the red text thought it said not yet ordered 

Specs

I am going to either purchase a cheap 4k monitor or a 34UM95. My roommate and I are buying a cheap 4k TV from China, though. And we intend to game on it and watch anime in 4k.

i see your build is missing SSD

get the Corsair SSD and spray paint the cover to become pink

Corsair Ax1200i is 200mm x 150mm x 86 mm (WxDxH)

I love that idea. I am thinking of buying the window for this case too. I should add pink LEDs too! I was hoping to get three Samsung SSDs when I next upgrade in a bit. What I doing now is what I planned for the summer. I will be adding stuff while at school.

I am going to either purchase a cheap 4k monitor or a 34UM95. My roommate and I are buying a cheap 4k TV from China, though. And we intend to game on it and watch anime in 4k.

Don't game on one of them 30hz will be torture if it's a cheap chinese panel.

It's going to be near impossible to find a power supply to fit for that type of power needed.

I would've gone with a 250D.  You can use the long fan screws to mount the power supply 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

woop's all the red text thought it said not yet ordered 

Fixed. Sorry about that. Haha

It's going to be near impossible to find a power supply to fit for that type of power needed.

I would've gone with a 250D.  You can use the long fan screws to mount the power supply 

BUT IT MUST BE PINK! I like the handles on the BitFenix Prodigy. I'm using this at school. There are going to be LAN parties. Besides, I've already ordered the case. I do plan to upgrade to a painted aluminum case in the future. Maybe a CaseLabs.

I love that idea. I am thinking of buying the window for this case too. I should add pink LEDs too! I was hoping to get three Samsung SSDs when I next upgrade in a bit. What I doing now is what I planned for the summer. I will be adding stuff while at school.

Pink LED Strips