Even if one could fit two rad in the case, the gpu length limit is 290 mm according to Corsair. I've seen where one can bump that to 300 mm by removing a plate. The Asus R9 295X2 is 308 mm long.

Do you think I should still go with the BitFenix Prodigy or should I get a bigger case? I didn't want to spend more than $100 on a case until I have the money to go all out with aluminum.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7930/the-amd-radeon-r9-295x2-review/17

It gets pretty close to 700 Watts. I use 700~ to be safe. When I move to an aluminum case and a custom loop I hope to overclock everything.

So the plan is to move to a different case then add a custom loop?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

So the plan is to move to a different case then add a custom loop?

Yes. I'm thinking in a year I will upgrade.

Thanks guys for all the feedback! This really helps! I'm loving the suggestions, too! I'll see what I can do within my budget. I'll still don't know whether I should stop the order for the BitFenix Prodigy and get the Corsair 250D. Or whether I should get a bigger case like the 350D. You all have made great points. I can't decide now.  :wacko:

EDIT: What's the best built case for under $100? And under $200? Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, and ATX. Maybe I can paint the case?

Thanks guys for all the feedback! This really helps! I'm loving the suggestions, too! I'll see what I can do within my budget. I'll still don't know whether I should stop the order for the BitFenix Prodigy and get the Corsair 250D. Or whether I should get a bigger case like the 350D. You all have made great points. I can't decide now.  :wacko:

EDIT: What's the best built case for under $100? And under $200? Mini-ITX, Micro-ATX, and ATX. Maybe I can paint the case?

Fractal Design 

Arc Mini R2

I wanna see what you can do in the 250D though lol 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

First off welcome to the forums~!

4YNI1Xu.gif

Don't forget to read the CoC here!

This is quite a interesting build log, I have yet to see someone build a rig with a black and pink color combination haha. 
I shall be following this project!

Also economics is cool. ^.^
lMn0ZBO.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Fractal Design 

Arc Mini R2

I wanna see what you can do in the 250D though lol 

haha yeah... I don't want to buy it and it not fit. I don't know if that guy had to cut the case. I don't want to cut the case, just maybe paint it.

First off welcome to the forums~!

<snip>

Don't forget to read the CoC here!

This is quite a interesting build log, I have yet to see someone build a rig with a black and pink color combination haha. 
I shall be following this project!

Also economics is cool. ^.^

Thank you! That is the friendliest welcome I have ever got online! I think we would make great friends. Haha.  :P

Economics is awesome! Did you just look at my profile page? I added that because I read yours... LOL  :lol:

Hotaro Oreki & Eru Chitanda <3

I'm a bit late to the party but speaking of pink, I changed the color of the Apple logo on the back of my MacBook to Pink a while back... A post-it note between the LCD diffuser and the case was all it took, and it still gets pretty bright.

attachicon.gifIMG_8089.JPG

EDIT: #pinkmasterrace

#pinkismanliestcolor

That is awesome! If I hadn't had such a bad experience with my 2010 17" MacBook Pro maybe I would get a new one and have ColorWare paint it pink and black... http://www.colorware.com/

Thank you! That is the friendliest welcome I have ever got online! I think we would make great friends. Haha.  :P

Economics is awesome! Did you just look at my profile page? I added that because I read yours... LOL  :lol:

It always nice to find people with similar interests in my opinion. Melodic trance music.... anime... philosophy stuffz, stocks and economics.... 

Interest in learning how to speak Japanese and Mandarin is pretty cool too. I actually have a friend who's in Biomedical Engineering too. 

And yes I did indeed read your profile page~

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Today, I am announcing the first update to the build! The build has changed! It is now a pink and white themed build, and I have decided to use and paint the arctic-white Corsair C70. Check out the main post, guys! Tell me what you think! Thanks!  ^_^

I'm liking what progress I'm seeing so far!  :wub:

yea now with that casing

you can easily fit your Corsair H100i and 295x2 easily

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

yea now with that casing

you can easily fit your Corsair H100i and 295x2 easily

I agree. I like how well built the C70 is. It fits my use case perfectly: College. I'm going to find out how to best paint all the black plastic parts to be pink. This build is going to be amazing. I'm so excited.  :D

Today, I am announcing the first update to the build! The build has changed! It is now a pink and white themed build, and I have decided to use and paint the arctic-white Corsair C70. Check out the main post, guys! Tell me what you think! Thanks!  ^_^

I'm liking what progress I'm seeing so far!  :wub:

An mITX motherboard is going to look lost in the C70. You might want to consider changing to a full size ATX motherboard.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

^^ hes right

swap to a bigger board that is still red/black

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97gaming5

MSI Gaming 5 is a decent board and now you have the ability to go CrossFire 295x2 in the future for the extra epeen

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

^^ hes right

swap to a bigger board that is still red/black

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97gaming5

MSI Gaming 5 is a decent board and now you have the ability to go CrossFire 295x2 in the future for the extra epeen

You're both right. I was thinking about the ASUS Z97-WS for the double PCI Express 3.0 x16 and the overall superior build and component quality. And I kinda like ASUS's software, too.  ^_^

You're both right. I was thinking about the ASUS Z97-WS for the double PCI Express 3.0 x16 and the overall superior build and component quality. And I kinda like ASUS's software, too.  ^_^

Asus Z97-WS reason for the 16x/16x PCI-E lanes is because of the PLX chip which expands the 16 lanes for the Z97 to become 32

it will actually induce latency which is pretty much worse than PCI-E 8x in normal Z97 boards

I am going to either purchase a cheap 4k monitor or a 34UM95. My roommate and I are buying a cheap 4k TV from China, though. And we intend to game on it and watch anime in 4k.

Oh god anime in 4k, where do you get the content from :o

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Oh god anime in 4k, where do you get the content from :o

I can only think of Blu-Rays

but that is only 1080P

TV release are 720P

I can only think of Blu-Rays

but that is only 1080P

TV release are 720P

Does blu-rays even go above 1080p? I don't think even crunch roll have above 1080p. Not sure tho

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

Does blu-rays even go above 1080p? I don't think even crunch roll have above 1080p. Not sure tho

one 1080P movie is like a few GB compressed

Blu-Ray can store like 25GB single sided

double up to 50GB

I tihnk it possible Blu-Ray can store 4K 

just the cost to encode into the disc may be high or possible???

one 1080P movie is like a few GB compressed

Blu-Ray can store like 25GB single sided

double up to 50GB

I tihnk it possible Blu-Ray can store 4K

just the cost to encode into the disc may be high or possible???

Imagine how laggy it will be to stream 4k from crunchy roll. Lol.

Imagine how laggy it will be to stream 4k from crunchy roll. Lol.

use to get from there my anime fix

but i just look for other sources

but anime in 4k seems like a drool fest but not for One Piece/Naruto/Bleach kind thou

use to get from there my anime fix

but i just look for other sources

but anime in 4k seems like a drool fest but not for One Piece/Naruto/Bleach kind thou

yeah haha  ^_^ my roommate and i have external hard drives with downloaded 4k anime and he has 4k discs back in China straight from Japan

yeah haha  ^_^ my roommate and i have external hard drives with downloaded 4k anime and he has 4k discs back in China straight from Japan

What?.... 4k anime actually exists? The anime itself isn't even created at that high of a res. 

I remember hearing Kyoani just recently started doing their any at 900p or something. 

ahmk6lX.gif

Unless I'm missing something here...