[Build Log] frigidi aeris, 250D, copper tubing, VI impact, 780 Lightning,

Freaky_spider

I came back 2 days ago to find my cat sick and we had to sleep him in :'( 

the rest of the watercooling parts still havent arrived, and they cant give me an ETA for them too, so maybe ill try a different shop for my lightning block.

I'm gonna order my sleeving tools from MPDC-X tomorrow. Ill go with some lovely orange and black in memory of my cat which also was orangy - ginger.

Hopefully ill get my sleeving tools friday so i can atleast start that :D

BTW, about them benches, i seem to have a problem where my card doesnt run at the overclock i set it at in AB, so ill do it through a custom bios, which i was gonna do anyway. cuz yea,300% powerlimit MSI promised but isnt there -.- and the +100 mV isnt gonna cut it anyway.

ASIC of my card is 84.x %, but ive heard that its mostly BS...

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I came back 2 days ago to find my cat sick and we had to sleep him in :'( 

the rest of the watercooling parts still havent arrived, and they cant give me an ETA for them too, so maybe ill try a different shop for my lightning block.

I'm gonna order my sleeving tools from MPDC-X tomorrow. Ill go with some lovely orange and black in memory of my cat which also was orangy - ginger.

Hopefully ill get my sleeving tools friday so i can atleast start that :D

BTW, about them benches, i seem to have a problem where my card doesnt run at the overclock i set it at in AB, so ill do it through a custom bios, which i was gonna do anyway. cuz yea,300% powerlimit MSI promised but isnt there -.- and the +100 mV isnt gonna cut it anyway.

ASIC of my card is 84.x %, but ive heard that its mostly BS...

R.I.P Freaky_Spider's cat.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the build,

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

R.I.P Freaky_Spider's cat.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the build,

Pictures ey? 

Update #3.1 MOAR pictures and Sleeving order

I just realised that i havent posted any pictures of the build with the GPU installed,partially because, yea, you'll see...

On the bottom left you can see the first *mod*, depends if you consider cutting out a part of your case so the GPU will fit a mod, if you do then it is a mod :P

See why i was waiting on posting pictures of this mess...  -_-

2ue2vs8.jpg

Close up of the cut to make the GPU fit

29wtx11.jpg

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  Dat GPU

2rh3gcm.jpg

Corsair, what is this bullshit about 290mm being the max GPU lenght? with a dremmel you can squeze a 300+ mm GPU in there.

x3eobc.jpg

ahh yea, sleeving order placed, and this time i correctly removed all shipping info :P

1zlu1b7.png

Thats all for now folks.

Also, #HTCOneM7DarkShotsmasterRace

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

#3.2 Sleeving arrives! 

Sleeving from MDPC-X arrives, i won't start sleeving untill i get all my watercooling tho, i'm not in the mood to redo the cableing, have to undo the cableing to install the watercooling, and then redo the cableing again. 

I do regret not getting 30 meters of black sleeve, i calculated that ill need about 19 meters of sleeve (without screwing up), but i dont plan to use that much orange, i might have to use a bit more orange then i'd like, we'll see.

Some pictures!

20 meters of Black, 10 meters of bright orange, 150 female pins, 3 meters of heatshrink and pin remover.

2q809k6.jpg

Freakspider Edition FTW.

That is probably the nicest handwriting ive ever seen

2v9cjso.jpg

i threw the pakage away already, so no picture of that :(

can't wait for more, MOAR MOAAARRR!!!

sorry bout that dont know what came over me.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

can't wait for more, MOAR MOAAARRR!!!

sorry bout that dont know what came over me.

i hope to get my watercooling this week, but waterblocks for a 780 lightning are unbelievably hard to get, noone has them in stock... the store i ordered them from is going to get one (for me) soon tho

i hope to get my watercooling this week, but waterblocks for a 780 lightning are unbelievably hard to get, noone has them in stock... the store i ordered them from is going to get one (for me) soon tho

I feel ya, cant get my hands on any ek fc nickel acetal(the black plastic) blocks that dont show the pcb.

Pentium G3258 @ 4.2GHz | Asus R9 290 | MSI Z97s SLI Plus | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1600MHZ | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | 250GB 840 Evo |Evga Supernova 750W | Win 7 Home Premium | Corsair Obsidian 800D |

i5-2450M @ 2.50 GHz | 8GB RAM | 500GB 5400rpm HDD | Nvidia gt630m | Win 8.1 Pro |

I feel ya, cant get my hands on any ek fc nickel acetal(the black plastic) blocks that dont show the pcb.

yea, those are hard to come by too. i dont know who would buy / make a block that shows the PCB, it just ruins the easthetics... -.-

yea, those are hard to come by too. i dont know who would buy / make a block that shows the PCB, it just ruins the easthetics... -.-

I know right, i guess it is cheaper, but really not by much.

I know right, i guess it is cheaper, but really not by much.

i dont think price should be a factor when watercooling..

only high end build need it and when you have a high end build money shouldnt really be a big problem

looks great so far! subbed

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Dude,

If you got a shortage of sleevingsleeve...I think I will have a left over from my own sleeving-adventure. I will know that in a week or so. I ordered 20m but won't be using it all (black). See you live in Belgium, so we could arrange something for a small fee.

Currently working on a Watercooled Corsair Obsidian 350D (clicky)

Intel i5 4670k, ASUS GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo, 16GB RAM, 3 TB Seagate HDD

Dude,

If you got a shortage of sleevingsleeve...I think I will have a left over from my own sleeving-adventure. I will know that in a week or so. I ordered 20m but won't be using it all (black). See you live in Belgium, so we could arrange something for a small fee.

thanks for the offer! we'll see if we both use it all :D

So i got an answer about the 780 block, 

EK will finish the second make of them around next week, so i hopefully ill receive mine friday the 22th. 

So this will be the last update untill then :(... 

i might start modding the case to fit the GPU waterblock which is to high by about 2 mm 

So i got an answer about the 780 block, 

EK will finish the second make of them around next week, so i hopefully ill receive mine friday the 22th. 

So this will be the last update untill then :(... 

i might start modding the case to fit the GPU waterblock which is to high by about 2 mm 

There appear to be problems with the supply for 780blocks I guess, because my order took like two weeks (ASUS 780 that is), but atleast they deliver. Had to order the 780ti version of it (that should fit...).

There appear to be problems with the supply for 780blocks I guess, because my order took like two weeks (ASUS 780 that is), but atleast they deliver. Had to order the 780ti version of it (that should fit...).

could be,

but its more likely due to the fact thats its a lightning card, 

you can make a 1000 blocks for an asus 780 (ti) and you'll be sure they will sell

but for a 'premium' / more expensive card like the lightning you arent so sure how many you'll sell, so they made a too small amount and now they are making a second run

could be,

but its more likely due to the fact thats its a lightning card,

you can make a 1000 blocks for an asus 780 (ti) and you'll be sure they will sell

but for a 'premium' / more expensive card like the lightning you arent so sure how many you'll sell, so they made a too small amount and now they are making a second run

That's what I mean. Asus GTX 780 DC2 is also a non-reference card, so they're more rare. Although I was suprised it only yook 2 weeks to get here.

That's what I mean. Asus GTX 780 DC2 is also a non-reference card, so they're more rare. Although I was suprised it only yook 2 weeks to get here.

yes, but asus' card is a bit more popular then the lightning

• 2 weeks later...

-images-

looks so nice. Fav card out of them all. If only the fan and accents were orange though...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

good new everybody 

after 1 month of waiting my order finally got sent! 

ill probably get it as early as tomorrow or the day after

good new everybody 

after 1 month of waiting my order finally got sent! 

ill probably get it as early as tomorrow or the day after

The waterblock, right?

And geez, you get your packages quick... :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The waterblock, right?

And geez, you get your packages quick... :P

yea, i even got the quick delivery option :P

yea, i even got the quick delivery option :P

Nice! 

I'm getting a package from NCIX's ebay, and it's gonna take around 10 days total to get from the far side of canada to where i live :P

Lucky belgian... :P

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Nice! 

I'm getting a package from NCIX's ebay, and it's gonna take around 10 days total to get from the far side of canada to where i live :P

Lucky belgian... :P

yea, it doesnt matter how hard you try, it will only take you 4 hours max to go from one border of belgium to the other