Tablet Recommendation

OpticFusion

Hi am looking for tablet for Media consumption, a bit of gaming  and surfing the web and my budget is £400/$500 also 8+ screen size.

Thanks  

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

I use a Lenovo Yoga 10, and I like it alot. There are more modern a better choices though

Edit

What do u want window or android ?

Do u like hybrids ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

I still wouldn't get a non iPad tablet. 

Why?

Why is pentile not so good and what is the different about it?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/the-samsung-galaxy-s-iii-has-a-pentile-display-what-is-it-and-why-should-you-care/

one-s-one-x-screens-theverge-625x380-c.j

I still wouldn't get a non iPad tablet. 

By buying apple products you basically sell your soul to apple.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What!? I still have my soul...

All I can say here is that an iPad is a great experience for all the aforementioned tasks... Not sayin' that there are no alternatives.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

Will it affect device that have very high ppi and you can't see the pixels?

Will it affect device that have very high ppi and you can't see the pixels?

AFAIK. Erica Griffin only couldn't tell the difference with the 500+ ppi s5 prime. But it depends how sensitive you are to these things I guess.

Spoiler

Why?

Regarding Android tablets, my only experience is a Nexus 10 that I owned for quite a few months. I went from an iPad 3 to it and felt it was a downgrade in nearly every aspect. It had front facing dual speakers, but they were not any louder or clearer than the iPads. The resolution was higher, but the colors were way less vibrant and looked very washed out on the Nexus 10. In addition to that, battery life wise it lasted less than half as long and was buggy beyond belief. Sometimes overheating, frequent crashing. All browsers (including the stock Cyanogenmod browser) were way lagger than the iPad's, especially with pinch to zoom and it was just overall not a good experience. The tablet market on Android also blows. There is just no comparison. 

As for the surface pro. In my opinion you are better off getting an ultra portable laptop. Linus is dead on accurate with his criticism for the device. I would never use a tablet that had a fan. 

Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it. 

Regarding Android tablets, my only experience is a Nexus 10 that I owned for quite a few months. I went from an iPad 3 to it and felt it was a downgrade in nearly every aspect. It had front facing dual speakers, but they were not any louder or clearer than the iPads. The resolution was higher, but the colors were way less vibrant and looked very washed out on the Nexus 10. In addition to that, battery life wise it lasted less than half as long and was buggy beyond belief. Sometimes overheating, frequent crashing. All browsers (including the stock Cyanogenmod browser) were way lagger than the iPad's, especially with pinch to zoom and it was just overall not a good experience. The tablet market on Android also blows. There is just no comparison. 

As for the surface pro. In my opinion you are better off getting an ultra portable laptop. Linus is dead on accurate with his criticism for the device. I would never use a tablet that had a fan. 

Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it. 

What if I don't want to be in Apple eco system then what?

Wait for the nexus 9, it will be worth it. Or just get an iPad Air, Microsoft Surface RT, Xperia Z2

Interested in Business and Technology

I would say best experience to date for a tablet is iPad because deelopers actually develop for the larger screen unlike with android where almost everything is just blown up. You won't be stuck in the ecosystem if you don't want to of course. 

Interested in Business and Technology

You don't get stuck in the Apple eco system unless you want to. I'd say, iPad is the best not committal way to test the waters. It doesn't mess with your text messaging like switching to an iPhone does and unless you splurge on the app store and spend hundreds, you can switch over whenever you want. 

However I would never trade the seamless integration between my Macbook, iPad and iPhone for anything. 

Then you will be seriously depriving yourself of a good tablet experience. Sure some Androids have more features and front facing speakers, but when it comes down to doing the basics, that's where Apple devices excel. Here's an example- Safari is just known for its buttery smoothness and speed when browsing the web, I have tried numerous browsers on Android, and the web browser in WebOS. No other mobile web browser can come close.

I would say get a Surface 2. :) Not Pro version.

Has everything that you need really and the design is mind blowing. WIth the touch/type cover it's amazing.