Best 1440p 27" IPS Editing monitor

mapexlegend

Hi, I wish to purchase a 27" IPS 1440p monitor for photo editing, it needs to cover full sRGB and 99%RBG, any suggestions? oh and not cost thousands of dollars. Thanks 

The Dell U2713H is the only option really (Not to be confused with the U2713HM).  I guess there's also the older Dell U2711 which the 2713 replaced, it uses a CFL backlight so is thicker and more power hungry, and a slightly lower color gamut.

Pretty much. Well actually the U2713HM will fit that need, and same for the ASUS PB278Q. Both claim >99% sRGB coverage, and both are using true 8-bit panels.

Excluding professional grade monitors (unless you want to go in this territory, which is fine.. it's just a consumer oriented forum, so I assume that those are out of your budget or needs), and the cheap Korean companies who uses uncertified monitors which they purchase form Samsung or LG and sell it to you for cheap (beside the ultra cheap stand, no warranty, and in most cases, no or limited on screen menu), you can have a good monitor if you are lucky. Of course, there is no guaranty on any thing for what you get, of course. That's about all that comes in mind.

If that is the case, then yes. I don't think there is anything else that comes into mind.

Yes I did mean 99% Adobe RGB, sorry for not stating that earlier. Thanks for all your help :)

There's also the Samsung s27a850d. It's priced pretty close to the dell ones you guys have listed. According to PRAD, it covers 100% of the SRGB space.

yea, but no Adobe RGB, which is what he wants.

And the colors out of the box are quiet poor, it needs a color calibrator to greatly improve the colors and now really enjoy the monitor. It's not that the monitor has trouble reproducing the colors, it doesn't (for a consumer grade monitor perspective). It's just that Samsung did a poor job setting the default colors. It's fine for every day use, but for color work... not so much. Also, PLS is similar.. slightly better, to eIPS (budget or low-end IPS panel), so really not good for his specific needs.

But good suggestion otherwise.