Finding a phone for $175

jonyman23

Hello!

So I am trying to find the BEST phone for $175(after shipping&all). I had an S4 but it broke and I can't use an upgrade so I am going to buy an unlocked verizon phone off ebay or anywhere I can with the right price. No broken glass or dirty ESN. I was looking at S3's and some Nokia 928's but I want a phone that is easy a hell to get used to it, I am a samsung guy so I am guessin the S3 is my bet but I want something that will do well in 2014 despite being an older model.

I found http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nokia-Lumia-928-32GB-Windows-8-Smartphone-Unlocked-Verizon-Black-/301189750612?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item46204edf54 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III-SCH-I535-16GB-Pebble-Blue-White-Black-Verizon-Smartphone-/400731411452?pt=Cell_Phones&var=&hash=item5d4d7413fc, which is better and are there other phones out there that beat this, and out of curiosity, which phone does Linus have?

The Moto E is $130, brand new. Off contract. 

http://www.motorola.com/us/consumers/shop-all-mobile-phones/Moto-E/moto-e.html

The Moto G is $180, brand new. Off contract. 

http://www.motorola.com/us/moto-g-pdp-1/Moto-G-Wizard/moto-g.html#steps/1

Both run a clean version of android and are super easy and nice to run. Not to bogged down, so the specs won't have an issue. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Motorola moto g with stock android it will be easier than your samsung phone.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

difference between the Moto G and Moto G 4G LTE?

Also the Moto's only have 8gb and the nokia 928 on ebay has 32 and even the S3 on ebay or Digicircle has 16gb

difference between the Moto G and Moto G 4G LTE?

Also the Moto's only have 8gb and the nokia 928 on ebay has 32 and even the S3 on ebay or Digicircle has 16gb

You can add an SD card, and these are new phones, so the prices won't be as nice. But I would go for a moto E or G because the version of android is much better.

Moto G 4G LTE will have a LTE antenna. The regular G won't.

You can add an SD card, and these are new phones, so the prices won't be as nice. But I would go for a moto E or G because the version of android is much better.

Moto G 4G LTE will have a LTE antenna. The regular G won't.

Actually you need to get the moto g 4g lte to get the 4g antenna and micro sd support, the normal one does not have those features.

Also with motorola you will get support up to android L, somehting that i doub't the s3 will have. And if you can live with the lack of apps on the microsoft store the 928 is a good phone.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

Actually you need to get the moto g 4g lte to get the 4g antenna and micro sd support, the normal one does not have those features.

Also with motorola you will get support up to android L, somehting that i doub't the s3 will have. And if you can live with the lack of apps on the microsoft store the 928 is a good phone.

Oh sorry, I was talking about the Moto E having the SD slot.

The Moto G ends up around $190 with tax and without an SD port and such low GB, I don't think I can take that, as for the 928, does it not use the google play store? I am going to be using things like snapchat, facebook(msger), twitter... simple things like that and maybe a game every once in a while.

As for the S3, is it really something I should just scrap off the table completely?

As for the Moto E, it's at $180 with 16GB SD card and a Screen protector(can get rid of), is this worth $180, as in the performance and such. a quick question, which app store does the moto's use. same as the galaxies or what?

The Moto G ends up around $190 with tax and without an SD port and such low GB, I don't think I can take that, as for the 928, does it not use the google play store? I am going to be using things like snapchat, facebook(msger), twitter... simple things like that and maybe a game every once in a while.

As for the S3, is it really something I should just scrap off the table completely?

I was talking about the Moto E the entire time. That is the phone I wanted you to look at. 

As for the S3, it is a very durable phone that has a poor processor for the Samsung bloatware and good amount of RAM. But the Samsung will not be upgraded to better versions of android. 

I can't say anything about Nokia.

I was talking about the Moto E the entire time. That is the phone I wanted you to look at. 

As for the S3, it is a very durable phone that has a poor processor for the Samsung bloatware and good amount of RAM. But the Samsung will not be upgraded to better versions of android. 

I can't say anything about Nokia.

check my last edit about the E

Also I have the SIMS card from the galaxy S4, it just says verizon 4G LTE on it with a bunch of numbers, will this work for the Moto E or any phone I get for the matteR?

As for the Moto E, it's at $180 with 16GB SD card and a Screen protector(can get rid of), is this worth $180, as in the performance and such. a quick question, which app store does the moto's use. same as the galaxies or what?

The lumia uses the windows store, so if you can find the apps that you use here you should be fine:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/overview

But for example snapchat is not available yet.

The moto's use the same google play store as the galaxy phones

I don't think the moto e is worth it at that price, i'd save up more and get the moto g, but you will get a great software experience on both, something that you will not get on the s3 but the s3 does have a better camera and larger screen.

http://www.amazon.com/Moto-Verizon-Prepaid-Phone-Only/dp/B00HPP3QD6?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&pf_rd_p=1711180402&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=2407748011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0QW8CH4K2FE3XR27CJVP&ref_=acs_ux_tl_1_3_t_reftagtest

Main PC:

Netbook:

The lumia uses the windows store, so if you can find the apps that you use here you should be fine:

The moto's use the same google play store as the galaxy phones

I don't think the moto e is worth it at that price, i'd save up more and get the moto g, but you will get a great software experience on both, something that you will not get on the s3 but the s3 does have a better camera and larger screen.

http://www.amazon.com/Moto-Verizon-Prepaid-Phone-Only/dp/B00HPP3QD6?ie=UTF8&s=wireless&pf_rd_p=1711180402&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=2407748011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0QW8CH4K2FE3XR27CJVP&ref_=acs_ux_tl_1_3_t_reftagtest

How would the moto E be at $160? I would much rather a better performance than a camera or large screen, but are the two drastically different between the Moto's and S3?

Also, that Moto G verizon prepaid, how is that priced so low and what's the difference between getting it there and off the moto website?

also will my 4G LTE work with the moto's or the S3?

How would the moto E be at $160? I would much rather a better performance than a camera or large screen, but are the two drastically different between the Moto's and S3?

Also, that Moto G verizon prepaid, how is that priced so low and what's the difference between getting it there and off the moto website?

Wait, if you are still looking for a used phone. Try the Motorola Razr M. That phone will also get Android L (It has KitKat) and it has the same CPU as the Samsung S3, and it does accept Verizon LTE Sim cards.

I have owned the Razr M and would say that it is a good solid phone with a wonderful clean android version.

Performance between the moto e and g is pretty much the same, only in gaming the moto g is better.

The moto g prepaid means that you can only use it on verizon prepaid plans and you can't use it on any other carrier (like most verizon phones) oh and it is the 3g 8gb version.

4g will work in some s3 variants and in the moto g 4g, not in the moto e or moto g 3g.

Here is one that i could find:

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Moto-Universal-Unlocked-Black/dp/B00K0NRZSW/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1404684152&sr=1-1&keywords=moto+g+4g

As @connorpiper said you could find a used droid phone that will work with verizon 4g lte.

Main PC:

Netbook:

Get the Moto G, it's the only phone that matters to me at this price range.

Interested in Business and Technology

It makes no sense to buy Moto E if you can buy Moto G. Moto G is better in every way and the price isn't too different. I don't know why Motorola even bothered with the Moto E.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Snapchat is there: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/6snap/82fa6341-28dc-4203-bd08-9749b167bc4b

It's just a 3rd party app (and a pretty good one if you ask me).  ;)

Snapchat is there: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/6snap/82fa6341-28dc-4203-bd08-9749b167bc4b

It's just a 3rd party app (and a pretty good one if you ask me).  ;)

but is it snapchat, does it work with people who have snapchat?

just found a http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-Droid-Razr-Maxx-16GB-Black-Verizon-Smartphone-XT912M-100-Functional/111289573380?_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109&_trkparms=aid%3D555012%26algo%3DPW.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D23823%26meid%3D8149978220040789046%26pid%3D100010%26prg%3D10177%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D251577186410 is this good for the price? I think the Moto G 4G is just out of my price range and the E is just not something I want, I liike the Lumia 928 but lack of apps is a nono, in the end, maybe a S3 is my best bet?

but is it snapchat, does it work with people who have snapchat?

It is snapchat and yes it works with people who have snapchat. It's just a 3rd party app. Same with 6tag for Instagram. 

I ended up buying the Moto X for $189, good choice?

I ended up buying the Moto X for $189, good choice?

That is a great phone, hope you enjoy the active notifications and touchless control.

Main PC:

Netbook: