Good headset for around $50-75?

Mewstarz

Hi guys!

I'm looking for a new headset in the price range of $50-75 USD. My current headset has a short in the wire and it's starting to become very bothersome. They're a pair of Turtle Beach Z2 (to give some idea of the sound quality I'm looking for). Preferably with surround sound, but it's not a necessity. I've looked around for a while but I can't really find any, so I came here to see what you guys have to say.

Thanks in advance!

The Creative Tactic Sigma 3D is good, I got it for Christmas, and have been using it since. It sounds good, surround works, it runs off of USB or analog (or both?) and the cable has got to be like 5 or six feet long.

I have the Razer Tiamat 2.2 and I like it a lot, however it is more like $100. The Razer Kraken Pro is a great headset for about $80. It has pretty good sound quality and is very comfortable. Also, Razer products generally have good build quality. If you don't like the bright green there is a black option with green highlights.

Corsair vengeance 1300 is a very good headset at $80. For $20 more you can upgrade to the 1500 model which has 7.1 surround sound. Note that the 1300 uses 3.5mm jacks and the 1500 uses usb connectors. You could probably find these on sale some place so you don't have to pay full price.

Also, if you already have a set of great headphones that doesn't have a mike, u can get a modmic for $30 and just attach it onto your headset.

thanks a lot for the responses guys! I think I'm going to go with the Corsair Vengeance 1500. Best Buy actually has it for $80 right now (thanks NannerBeans for recommending it). Thanks again for all the suggestions!

get a decent soundcard to go with it or at least a headphone amp to help drive the 50mm drivers

thanks a lot for the responses guys! I think I'm going to go with the Corsair Vengeance 1500. Best Buy actually has it for $80 right now (thanks NannerBeans for recommending it). Thanks again for all the suggestions!

Please, just get Sony V6's and a clip on mic. Better sound quality and just as good mic. Headsets are abysmal for the price.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Please, just get Sony V6's and a clip on mic. Better sound quality and just as good mic. Headsets are abysmal for the price.

I second that. Idk about the headset, but these clip on mics sound a lot better than any headset I have heard before lol. http://tiny.cc/ngh1qw

Please' date=' just get Sony V6's and a clip on mic. Better sound quality and just as good mic. Headsets are abysmal for the price.[/quote']

So is the Sony MDR-V6 better than Sony 7506 and Sony V900HD? Those are all the same price in my country? What would you recommend? I'll also pair anyone of those with an Asus Xonar DGX.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

I had a friend who had the V6. a pretty decent and somewhat balanced headset.

I keep forgetting the AKG 240S and sometimes AKG 240 MKII is less than $100 I've seen them as low as $65 new

I had a friend who had the V6. a pretty decent and somewhat balanced headset. I keep forgetting the AKG 240S and sometimes AKG 240 MKII is less than $100 I've seen them as low as $65 new

I'm sorry but the AKG 240S and the AKG 240 MKII is not available in my country. The only AKG available in my country are the K450 and the K414P. We also have a Senheiser HD205 and HD448. Can you also take a look at this headphones and would you recommend it? http://www.headphone.com/selection-guide/superlux-hd668b.php

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

Just as Jay123 I use the Tritton AX 180 and I like it a lot for the money ... :-) ! Its good for gaming on pc, xbox and ps3 which is a plus if you have both.... It has good 40mm drivers and the inline audio controll is good with seperate volume control for voice and main volume.. !

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

I just got a creative sound blaster alpha in the mail today for my brother. The mic is great, 40mm drivers. Feels cheap, light and plasticy, because it is. Good if you need some kind of headset though. Comes with a tiny, little USB DAC for the surround sound effect which works. Personally I wouldn't use it because of how cheap it feels to me. Others may disagree and think its quality.