Scythe mugen to the MAXXXXXX

brownninja97

Its a japanese cooler so

Scythe_Mugen_MAX_01.jpg

And so another cooler enters the stage. 

Well after flexing its heatsinks we can see that it has a nice 6 6mm heatpipes.

It then has two 140mm fans(between 40-100cfm(500-1500) for each fan depending on the rpm which pwm controlled) which arent squared so this was designed with linus in mind. 

Scythe_Mugen_MAX_03.jpg

The gap between the fin array has been increased as it reduces resistance increasing air speed and so convection does its thing faster as a result. Another result is that this thing is merely 700grams which im not sure if im happy about but if your pc is getting shipped around and the employees are drop kicking it then there is a smaller chance of it breaking or combusting.

The cooler supports all modern sockets, and 775.

The DBa can go from 13dba at 500rpm to 30dba at 1500rpm.

Dimensions: 145 x 86 x 161 mm (5,71 x 3,39 x 6,34 inch, without fan)

Prices:

36 euros

£30

$40

http://www.techpowerup.com/202684/scythe-releases-the-mugen-max-cpu-cooler.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Daaayum thatz sexxzy

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Wow. That thing is NH-D15 big. But it isn't as pretty.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

with Dark rock pro 3 and Noctua's D15 we really dont need any more of these, and noctua has ones of every other type as well incase size is a issue.

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

with Dark rock pro 3 and Noctua's D15 we really dont need any more of these, and noctua has ones of every other type as well incase size is a issue.

The nh d15 is £75 here, there is a price difference, then again the cooler market is crazy with so many companies in it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Scythe already have 2 products on their mugen line. Glad to see they improved it with 2 fans out of the box and nickel plated heatpipes.

It's not in the same category of the high end air coolers, it's only $40, it has a lot of surface area but less fins per inch and only 4 heatpipes (4 from each side). This means you only need a quiet fan to cool the heatsink, as it doesn't require high static pressure.

Scythe already have 2 products on their mugen line. Glad to see they improved it with 2 fans out of the box and nickel plated heatpipes.

It's not in the same category of the high end air coolers, it's only $40, it has a lot of surface area but less fins per inch and only 4 heatpipes (4 from each side). This means you only need a quiet fan to cool the heatsink, as it doesn't require high static pressure.

small correction, the mugen has 6 heat pipes, at least the version above has, im not sure about previous versions.

Listen if you care.

small correction, the mugen has 6 heat pipes, at least the version above has, im not sure about previous versions.

You are correct, it has 6, that's even better

Scythe has been around a while.....since 2002.  Glad to see them pumping out some refresh's of classics.   :)

http://www.scytheus.com/

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

Am i the only one that remebers the beast of cooler that was thee MUGEN 2 here? If so thats disappointing:

mugen2_097.jpg

Too bad the mugen 3 and 4 werent as good due to cost-cutting in the amount of material.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

Screw Scythe maybe you guys had good experience with it or think its great from reviews.

I have a scythe ninja 3 big ass matherfaker and its fan burned idk wth happend after a year,and it has so many heatpipes that they are all useless i couldnt keep a phenom ii 955 at 3.8ghz in the summer 1.3v  with push pull.Its keeping my i5 4570 cool as posible now but its delided,undervolted/not overclocked, with 1 fan at minimum max temps while gaming bF4 ~50C at 3.6ghz,at its size could have done much better.

Also i had gentle typhoon that screwed after 2 years or so the bearing its done it makes some unbearable noise like its broken bearings.

So much for scythe fans and engineering.

I want more Gentle Typhoon fans...

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

I'm more wowed by the price than anything else. $40 for a big cooler that comes with 2 fans? This could be the new budget king of coolers if the performance is good.

Wow $40 goodbye hyper 212 evo for $10 more this is awesome for budget builders!