[Uplay Shop] Skyrim Legendary Edition ONLY $13.60 (Yes its a Steam Key)

Dealzon

Uplay Shop is running a 4th of July sale. Crapload of titles are on sale but honestly there's only a few good pickings (as in lowest ever prices). Uplay is matching the prices seen at Steam Summer Sale with Skyrim Legendary for a dirt cheap $13.60 at 66% off. Dishonored GOTY and Metro Last Light Complete also lowest ever price.

These are all Steam key.

These are US only prices as far as I can tell. If you see the same % discount in your region, leave a note for others!

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

Almost ignored the post until I read "Yes its a Steam Key"

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Good prices on those, but this seems like a bid to make people sign up for a Ubisoft account and receive many many emails until the end of time.

Uplay Shop is running a 4th of July sale. Crapload of titles are on sale but honestly there's only a few good pickings (as in lowest ever prices). Uplay is matching the prices seen at Steam Summer Sale with Skyrim Legendary for a dirt cheap $13.60 at 66% off. Dishonored GOTY and Metro Last Light Complete also lowest ever price.

These are all Steam key.

awesome deals thanks a lot

BUILD : CPU-Intel Core i7 4790K | MOTHERBOARD-ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK1 | RAM-G.SKILL RipjawsZ 32GB | GPU-ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 OC | CASE-Corsair Graphite 760T Black | STORAGE- SATA III 240gb SDD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W Gold | COOLING-Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid

what does steam key mean ?? i just signed up for steam a couple days ago..
sorry im new to pc gaming

BUILD : CPU-Intel Core i7 4790K | MOTHERBOARD-ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK1 | RAM-G.SKILL RipjawsZ 32GB | GPU-ZOTAC GeForce GTX 780 OC | CASE-Corsair Graphite 760T Black | STORAGE- SATA III 240gb SDD & Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W Gold | COOLING-Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid

what does steam key mean ?? i just signed up for steam a couple days ago..

sorry im new to pc gaming

it's a software key, you buy the key and 'unlock'the game within steam. Steam is a platform much like xbox or playstation store where you buy games and download them digitally. With steam 'keys' you buy the key and go into steam and activate the game with the key and it will always be on your steam account, essentially, you own the game.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

Good prices on those, but this seems like a bid to make people sign up for a Ubisoft account and receive many many emails until the end of time.

Throwaway email or just opt out?

But to be honest I have a Uplay account (you'll need it regardless for Ubisoft titles) and I don't remember getting any. Not that Uplay is the best DRM ever, but between Steam, Origin etc. at this point they really are all the same (to me personally).

There was a time when Steam itself is crap too. *shrug*  Will be interesting to see how GOG's Galaxy works out - though at this point a bit tired of having so many gdamn clients heh.

it's a software key, you buy the key and 'unlock'the game within steam. Steam is a platform much like xbox or playstation store where you buy games and download them digitally. With steam 'keys' you buy the key and go into steam and activate the game with the key and it will always be on your steam account, essentially, you own the game.

so if i buy these games from uplay i can open them on my steam account??

i was gunna buy the crysis trilogy on uplay but i searched crysis 3 on steam and it isnt there.

i was gunna buy the crysis trilogy on uplay but i searched crysis 3 on steam and it isnt there.

No, if you buy something on Uplay or Origin you cant have it on Steam account. Those are services like Steam but more restricted. Steam allows Ubisoft to use Uplay if you buy their game on Steam and that is the reason why so many people hate Uplay (there is more to that). You can activate game on Steam only with Steam key or if you buy it from there or if someone give it to you as a gift.

If you have Steam key you go into your Steam library and in bottom left corner there is +Add Game on which you click and then cklick on Activate game in the Steam and there you will enter the key and press OK. And you can download it and play afterwards.

That's an Origin key that Uplay Shop is offering.

Its a bit confusing and annoying but Uplay Shop doesnt list the DRM the title uses. Most other stores list them pretty clearly.

No, if you buy something on Uplay or Origin you cant have it on Steam account. Those are services like Steam but more restricted. Steam allows Ubisoft to use Uplay if you buy their game on Steam and that is the reason why so many people hate Uplay (there is more to that). You can activate game on Steam only with Steam key or if you buy it from there or if someone give it to you as a gift.

Just to clarify... you CAN buy games on Uplay or Origin that are STEAM KEYS (as in, Steam activated titles).

• Uplay Shop and Origin Store are just that.. stores. They carry titles from other publishers (THQ for example, god rest their souls heh)
  • Steam is a DRM like any other. Its a popular DRM and it works well, so publishers mostly provide keys activated there (except for Ubisoft or EA which obviously prefers you to use their platform).
  • You can buy Steam activated titles from many many stores such as Amazon, Green Man Gaming, Gamefly Digital, Get Games etc. etc. and yes that includes Uplay Shop. The annoying part is Uplay Shop isn't listing doing a good job of listing the DRM.

For OP's question, Crysis Trilogy is an Origin activated title so the deal from Uplay Shop is for an Origin key.

SchmangSchmang, if you're new to PC gaming and you don't care which platform/client your games are on, then dont sweat all these details and just buy whatever that's the cheapest. 

If you prefer to keep most of your games on one client (current popular one is Steam), then in the future make sure when you buy a game it's a Steam activated title (Steam key). For certain publishers (Ubisoft, EA), you can't avoid using their DRM (Uplay, Origin).

You do not actually own the game. You own a license to the game.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

You do not actually own the game. You own a license to the game.

Welcome to software, circa 1999...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Hmmm, only one i was interested in was metro, and its coming up as full price when on uplay store page, even though the other games are still discounted and it says metro is on sale? Weird, maybe uplay is broken again lol

NZXT H440+ 2015 Edition (Black/White) || i7 6700k @ 4Ghz || NZXT Kraken X61 Liquid Cooler || EVGA GTX 980ti SC || 16GB Kingston HyperX 2666MHz DDR4 || MSI Krait Gaming Z170A Motherboard || EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Modular || Corsair M65 RGB Mouse || Kingston HyperX Cloud Gaming Headset (White) || Steelseries Apex Raw Keyboard ||  Acer XB240H 1080p 144hz 24'' GSYNC Display || Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Almost ignored the post until I read "Yes its a Steam Key"

lol same here.  :lol:

Just to clarify... you CAN buy games on Uplay or Origin that are STEAM KEYS (as in, Steam activated titles).

• Uplay Shop and Origin Store are just that.. stores. They carry titles from other publishers (THQ for example, god rest their souls heh)
  • Steam is a DRM like any other. Its a popular DRM and it works well, so publishers mostly provide keys activated there (except for Ubisoft or EA which obviously prefers you to use their platform).
  • You can buy Steam activated titles from many many stores such as Amazon, Green Man Gaming, Gamefly Digital, Get Games etc. etc. and yes that includes Uplay Shop. The annoying part is Uplay Shop isn't listing doing a good job of listing the DRM.

For OP's question, Crysis Trilogy is an Origin activated title so the deal from Uplay Shop is for an Origin key.

SchmangSchmang, if you're new to PC gaming and you don't care which platform/client your games are on, then dont sweat all these details and just buy whatever that's the cheapest. 

If you prefer to keep most of your games on one client (current popular one is Steam), then in the future make sure when you buy a game it's a Steam activated title (Steam key). For certain publishers (Ubisoft, EA), you can't avoid using their DRM (Uplay, Origin).

oh really dang.. i bought "theif" on uplay and thought i could have used it on steam..

honestly i didnt realize so many ppl just download games instead of getting the actual disc..

how do i know if it has a steam key ?

.. thx for being helpful and not a dickhead btw hahah

It's amazing how cheap such an awesome and massive game can be. Great find with the sale!

Gah! So cheap! I so want the Metro: Last Light game so bad. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

These are all Steam key.

you said metro has a steam key ??

i want metro and clicked the link you listed.. but its a ubisoft page.. this means ill only be able to use it on their platform right??

i know i bought theif and i have to download ubi's software to play it but will this be the same for metro..

which i guess shouldnt matter since i have one game with them now , but i hear a lot of good from steam and not so much from ubi..

also does either or platform ubi vs steam make the game any better to play.. like graphics, or fps etc.?

Hmmm, only one i was interested in was metro, and its coming up as full price when on uplay store page, even though the other games are still discounted and it says metro is on sale? Weird, maybe uplay is broken again lol

Nah its regional pricing. I think these are US and certain regions only. Don't have a VPN readily available so I can't check prices on other region.

you said metro has a steam key ??

i want metro and clicked the link you listed.. but its a ubisoft page.. this means ill only be able to use it on their platform right??

i know i bought theif and i have to download ubi's software to play it but will this be the same for metro..

which i guess shouldnt matter since i have one game with them now , but i hear a lot of good from steam and not so much from ubi..

also does either or platform ubi vs steam make the game any better to play.. like graphics, or fps etc.?

Uplay Shop is selling a Steam key of Metro (cuz that's the only platform Metro is activated on).

Check your email or order history for the product key.

I'm not 100% sure about Thief, but I thought that was only a Steam activated title too. Again, check your order email/history for the product key.

Then add those key in Steam. Should be under this menu: Games > Activate a Product on Steam

Lastly if you have a modern enough computer, neither of the platform should matter. They're just "launchers" and preps the game on your computer. Game's actual performance depends on each game.