What's up with all those LG G3 giveaways?

Johnny K.

I understand that it's a marketing promotion technique, but that's a lot of phones! What is your opinion?

The phone isn't even out yet...how could they have any sales for it?

It's just advertising.A good technique too.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

If I remember these are pre production models?

may as well give them away for free and create interest than just bin them!

Either there really generous or they need marketing BADLY like badly enough to give away around 150 phones. It seems like there counting on everyone who wins one to go out and preach to the world how good the phone is. Although those EULAs that you need to accept.

EDIT:

Good lord your profile picture. Here's johnny much?

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

110 free phones...damn

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

What's 110 phones for a company that large? I've attended several Nokia lumia launches and received phones for free as a tester. No big deal, although it's a smart move to announce it with such a buzz around it. Free marketing, Oneplus one-style. 

CHARITY YO.

I don't know, probably for promotional reasons.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Oh i'm stupid, thanks for reminding me.

Either there really generous or they need marketing BADLY like badly enough to give away around 150 phones. It seems like there counting on everyone who wins one to go out and preach to the world how good the phone is. Although those EULAs that you need to accept.

EDIT:

Good lord your profile picture. Here's johnny much?

It's 110 to be exact, or i'm missing something? LOL, great movie huh?

Oh i'm stupid, thanks for reminding me.

It's 110 to be exact, or i'm missing something? LOL, great movie huh?

I was too lazy to do the math and decided to round to 150 assumed some other tech channels I don't know got some.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

If people want to win these phones, they'll get all exited for the phones, and if they dont win they will be so enthusiastic they will just buy the phone anyways. 

When does it come out in the US? I mean usually most things release in the US first like the S5 did, but somehow, we got the G3 before you guys did :P Maybe it is a sign for me to buy it  :o

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Please note that they are retail units (in the video I said pre-production, but this has since been changed) (From the LG G3 topic) 

Promotion,and in my opinion it a pretty good way too

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

Well you know i dont mind giveaways, but it is a lot of money they spend so im hoping it works for them :-)

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

I like it; the more the merrier

Compatible with Windows 95

Well you know i dont mind giveaways, but it is a lot of money they spend so im hoping it works for them :-)

Drop in the bucket for LG.  ITs actually cheaper than a real marketing campaign.  

Wouldn't it be funny if some guy was told to give this 150 review samples to youtubers but he was so lazy that he just picked like 5 channels and gave all of them to them instead of picking 150 different "influencers" to do reviews?

-------

Current Rig

-------

They're not pre-production models, but rather Korean versions.  Either way, it seems like a good marketing technique (I'm looking at you, OnePlus).

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Drop in the bucket for LG.  ITs actually cheaper than a real marketing campaign.

Sure, but still. Giveaways are always nice and if lg gets money off of it i dont really care :D

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

meh! they'll get the money back by overpricing their next release..

Details separate people.

Sure, but still. Giveaways are always nice and if lg gets money off of it i dont really care :D

Oh me either.  I think its smart advertising.  I was just pointing out this is not a losing money thing for LG.  This is way cheaper than an ad campaign and it stirs up more buzz.