ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

My favorite thing about this Laptop is that you've touched it and used it :) Anything touched by Linus Is amazing.

Honestly what I like most about this is the great screen pared with the rest of the machine, making it decently gaming capable but not so beefy it'd be a pain to lug around. The screen and the sound, too, actually.

I like this laptop mainly because of its versatility but because of the above average sound quality which will be fantastic for movies and gaming without a head set ;P. That and I am also a fan of austin evns and tech syndicate this would be like nerd candy for me # FANBOY

I really like how the only give one stick of ram, that way it is better to just buy another 8 gig stick instead of buying a 16 gb upgrade kit.

The aluminum finish is sooo freaking sexy

Edit: and the name, holy crap, THE JK

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

Favorite thing about this has to be the brushed aluminum back.

An IPS screen wrapped around an aluminium body?

rainbow_puke_2.jpg

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

I like that Its cooling system is relatively silent despite it being a notebook. and also the finish. thats pretty :)

I really like the looks of the notebook as well as how thin it is.

My favourite thing about the notebook is the core i7 performance (mobile) which smashes my desktops i3 :)

I love the implementation of the IPS screen for better viewing angles... I'm willing to give up latency for this.

Good luck to all!

I like that it's a decent 15' gaming laptop, especially for a student like me.

I really liked how slim the asus laptop is for a gaming laptop. A lot of gaming laptops on the market are pretty bulky so this is a nice clean version of the big bulky laptops.

Im a sucker for that rubber finish in the front, im prone to scrating my laptops

I really liked the fact that they used aluminum over plastic in many parts of the build.

Since build quality and materials used have never mattered to me I think that the speakers are epic. I say this because we don't get cell phone quality drivers right next to the cooling array and because there are freaking four of them with an included external module. Those make the $1100 worth it. The graphics are on par for the price point, the 1080p display is an okay touch, and the keyboard could have made it great for me but the drivers really take the cake.

Have a bad day...

My favorite thing about the ASUS ROG G550JK has got to be the 850M video card, and the i7-4710HQ CPU. Also can't forget those signatures!

Laptop: ASUS G751JL-BBI7T29 GPU: GeForce GTX 965M 2GB CPU: Intel i7-4720HQ @ 2.6 GHz RAM: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (although I plan on upgrading this to 16 or potentially even 24 GB soon) Storage: 1 TB 7200 RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD Mouse: Logitech G300s Headset: Turtle Beach EarForce P11

I like the display, my laptop has a tn panel in the devil's resolution 1366x768. it's terrible

i really like the brushed aluminum finish all over the notebook, and the backlit keyboard looks awesome.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

My favourite part is the keyboard. I have used an ASUS N56VZ and they have the best laptop keyboard I have used. :)

Is the DVD drive easily removable? I'd switch it out for a HDD caddy and then upgrade it with an SSD!

Thanks for the review Linus!

My favorite thing is the ROG logo and IPS screen.

Do I have to be watching the WAN show live to be eligible to win or is the winner just being announced live?

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater