Wiring two psu's together

sandals100

Hi my question is: Can I join two DIFFERENT power supplies together into one source?

I currently have a 500 watt psu powering my car amplifier in my room, I recently wired it down to 1 ohm which basically meant that amount of amps that the amp draws from the psu is way more than it can deliver. 

The way I have it connected is I have cut all the yellow wires (12v rail on the psu) and put it into the positive on the amp. Then I have cut all the blacks and put it into the negative on the amp.

What I want to do it join two different psu's together to increase the total amps of the system. Is this possible?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

I'm not plugging into my computer .

I suppose it will work, just be careful with the different voltage rails.

My Rig: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Those can only be used if I am using them in a computer which I am not doing.

Yes you can, they have to start at the same time

Hmm may I ask why? 

I'm not plugging into my computer .

I suppose it will work, just be careful with the different voltage rails.

The only rail that I will be using it the 12 volt rail all the others are basically 'dormant'

Hmm may I ask why? 

Psu won't work unless it's on. The green wire on the 24 will make it start if it's grounded (black wire). Both need to start at the same time.

Psu won't work unless it's on. The green wire on the 24 will make it start if it's grounded (black wire). Both need to start at the same time.

Oh ok. I went ahead and did it but isn't their a small delay in the speed at which the power supplies actually begin 'working'?

Oh ok. I went ahead and did it but isn't their a small delay in the speed at which the power supplies actually begin 'working'?

It's really really small, not enough to harm anything, basically, when the switch turns the PSU on (power button connected to the motherboard) both green cables (sleeved together to the 24 pin) get grounded at the same time.

It's really really small, not enough to harm anything, basically, when the switch turns the PSU on (power button connected to the motherboard) both green cables (sleeved together to the 24 pin) get grounded at the same time.

But I am not using it on a motherboard application

But I am not using it on a motherboard application

There should still be a switch that turns the PSU on, whatever button starts the thing, that's where the PSU wires from the 24 pin must go.

Aight got them both running on a single switch so technically they should start at the same time. Thanks for your help!