Civilization: Beyond Earth release date announced, E3 game footage released

PillowSmoke

Civilization-Beyond-Earth-1-610x347.jpg

Just when will humanity embrace its unknown future? Or re-embrace, I guess—what with Civilization: Beyond Earth being the spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri, and all. Firaxis' forward-looking Civ will take players to the stars this October 27th. To celebrate the new count-down, 2K have released footage from an E3 demo of the game.

Ooh.

Now that you know when Beyond Earth is being released, Firaxis have also announced what you'll get for buying it before that date. Pre-orderers will get the Exoplanets Map Pack, a DLC mini-drop "inspired by real exoplanets". Here's what's inside:

"Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
"Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet's settlement are well-preserved;
"Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
"Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
"82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
"Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain."
Tom's already glimpsed the future, when he played Civilization: Beyond Earth at Firaxis mission control. For more on the game, check out his hands-on report.

Civilization: Beyond Earth will retail for $50/£27.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

This makes multiplayer a bit strange. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

I'm super excited for this, I played a ton of Civ 4 beyond the sword and have been playing civ 5 quite a bit lately. I loved all the improvements in civ 5, my favorite being that military units don't stack creating more strategy besides just hordes of doom, which leads me to believe that the new features will be pretty awesome. I personally cant wait to waste a ton of my live playing one of my favorite series.

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

You only need the two expansions for the gameplay to change, the smaller DLCs came out before the first expansion. Also, Steam Sales make this game dirt cheap.

Yea I agree that there is quite a bit, but to be fair all of that DLC plus the game was available for $16 on Steam just a few days ago....

The expansions are worth their money.

But I wasn't complaining about the amount of DLC more so I reckon they will release the same amount for this and the fact they are starting early just annoys me, I hate preorder and day one dlc to me.

And yeah the game plus all the DLC was available for 16$ but that doesn't help when I already owned the game plus the expansion and the only way for me to pick up the expansion I was missing was to pay 1$ less than the full kit. Sure its a sale but it should rubs salt in the wounds of people who own the majority of DLC.

I've no problem with DLC after launch. Especially to keep you going in between expansions. But Day 1 should be included as is. The game is far from being gold so they can add it in if they wanted.

I just pray they support the DLC better in this game. Annoyed me to no end that I have RoK but I couldn't use them because my friends don't own them.

If they handle DLC the old way it will mean this preorder DLC is even more useless and just splits the communnity even more. Those who preordered the game and those who waited for reviews.

This was probably to much of a rant for something that won't effect single player gameplay all that much but I do think Day 1/Preorder DLC needs to go away.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I don't like pre-orders but since it's Civilization I'll probably end up playing it 24/7 so I may not be a bad deal for me.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Looking really good.  I hope it has Windows 8 Touch mode a la Civ V.  Alpha Centauri is a little too hard on the eyes nowadays so I'm down for a re-imagining.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Can't wait, wasted hours of my life playing Civ 5, can't wait to do it again IN SPAAAAAAAAAACE!!!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I loved Civilization 4, can't wait to get my hands on this one, is looking good.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

You only need the two expansions for the gameplay to change, the smaller DLCs came out before the first expansion. Also, Steam Sales make this game dirt cheap.

Not even two. You just need Brave New World.

COMIC SANS