Researchers can now 3D print blood vessels

Victorious Secret

organs-41.jpg?w=606

One of the biggest problems with printing human meat was the creation of blood vessels and ventricles. Making a solid mass of flesh was easy but adding a way to pump blood and other nutrients through the flesh was more difficult. Now researchers at the University of Sydney, Harvard, Stanford and MIT, have solved some of these problems by creating a skeleton of vessels and then growing human cells around them. Once the vessels are stable, they are able to dissolve the 3D printed material.

http://techcrunch.com/2014/07/01/researchers-now-able-to-3d-print-working-blood-vessels/?ncid=rss

That is fucking COOL!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

That is one interesting read, there is no breaks on the science train, and I love it. I work in hospitals, and the changes of technology I've seen in a period of 10 years are really good. But this, it's like one of the tops in my list if they get it done right. 3D printing apparently is here to stay and help change the future with its capability.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

That is one interesting read, there is no breaks on the science train, and I love it. I work in hospitals, and the changes of technology I've seen in a period of 10 years are really good. But this, it's like one of the tops in my list if they get it done right. 3D printing apparently is here to stay and help change the future with its capability.

Innovation like this is always amazing, and this is something that docs will love to have access too. 3D printing in general in the medical field can solve/make easy so many things. Nothing but benefits IMO

Its weird to imagine but by 2364 (The year Star Trek TNG takes place) we might have fully functioning holodecks and replicators. Fast than light travel may yet still allude us though :(

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Innovation like this is always amazing, and this is something that docs will love to have access too. 3D printing in general in the medical field can solve/make easy so many things. Nothing but benefits IMO

Agree, the amount of possibilities with 3D printing are enormous, I hope we get to see 3D printing mechanisms go mainstream in most hospitals in the next 20 years. 

Its weird to imagine but by 2364 (The year Star Trek TNG takes place) we might have fully functioning holodecks and replicators. Fast than light travel may yet still allude us though :(

Oh please no, don't mention anything regarding Trek tech from the future ...  I won't be alive. *feels*

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Agree, the amount of possibilities with 3D printing are enormous, I hope we get to see 3D printing mechanisms go mainstream in most hospitals in the next 20 years. 

Oh please no, don't mention anything regarding Trek tech from the future ...  I won't be alive. *feels*

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Try looking into the SENS foundation (Aubrey de Grey), Google Calico, and Dmytry Itskov/2045 Initiative. There is a very good chance human lifespan could drastically improve in the fairly near future.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Try looking into the SENS foundation (Aubrey de Grey), Google Calico, and Dmytry Itskov/2045 Initiative. There is a very good chance human lifespan could drastically improve in the fairly near future.

Yes, but my experience in hospitals tell me advancement like that take quite some time before it reaches mainstream. Not to mention that with a population of over 7 billion already I very much doubt it would go public at all.

i love where all this 3d printer thingie for humans is going. im glad!

Yes, but my experience in hospitals tell me advancement like that take quite some time before it reaches mainstream. Not to mention that with a population of over 7 billion already I very much doubt it would go public at all.

Overpopulation is a completely overblown issue in regards to this. If it really came down to it, and the entire population was at risk, people would stfu and quit having babies. Even unexposed, uneducated third world citizens for the most part. Things like this are just excuses scared people use to try and justify an irrational fear. Before you think about proposing another problem with this, ask yourself if this problem would kill 150,000 people a day (as the problem it would solve currently does).

As for it reaching mainstream, the only way to speed that up is educating the public, and funding. Once enough people realize this is for real, and actually a huge possibility of solving the most important problem mankind has ever faced it will not be long before the money is unlimited. 30,000,000,000 USD a year is thrown at healthcare in total in the US at least. This would solve cancer, cardiovascular/heart disease, and most of the other things that most of that money is being thrown at. 

Please take the time to watch his recent 2014 ted talk, or one of his 40 minute or so long interviews and then get back to me if you have any more problems with it. I have thought this through quite a bit and can probably catch you up to date faster than you could yourself. Here, I'll even link you. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0lvxTm2iLg 20 minute ted talk

interview

very informative google talk

1)If it really came down to it, and the entire population was at risk, people would stfu and quit having babies. Even unexposed, uneducated third world citizens for the most part.

2)As for it reaching mainstream, the only way to speed that up is educating the public, and funding. This would solve cancer, cardiovascular/heart disease, and most of the other things that most of that money is being thrown at.

First, I'd like to say that I've read all your post, it's just that I've chosen these 2 points to direct my answers.

1) You hope too much mister, we're not that intelligent, generally speaking as a society. Not having babies implies effective education and strong will. Take a look at some of the poorest areas of the world, people eat dirt, die on the streets and tell me if they have stopped having intercourse. Not having intercourse goes against our basic genetic code. Then comes condoms and other birth control methods, again, education needed. Intercourse is one of the simplest thing to do and it's one of the highest urges we have along with supplying food. 

Now that I explained how education is needed, I wonder how you concluded that over 7 billion people in a world with limited resources is not an issue? To top it all just a few years back it was 6 billion. So, when I speak of "7 billion" or "over population" please have in mind that is the high rapid increase growing that I'm talking about. I live in a small island of a mere 100 x 35 miles with a population of almost 4 million, the curious thing is years back when it was 2.5 million I remember the ease of the traffic and jobs availability(just to give you an idea of reality). This issue does not have an immediate effect on all countries. You would think we're intelligent enough to stop now, but we're not, let's wait 20 years from now and you'll see. I'm all for big lies that governments and/or other entities have set upon us to scare us, sadly, this one specifically, is not. 

2) This one is simple and only requires one simple sentence: Governments won't allow it.

By the way, I am going to watch these videos tonight when I get to home, if somehow these videos changes my view of how it can be done I'll tell you. I'm not that stubborn, more of a skeptic and realist.  So when presented good facts I do change my point of view. :)

First, I'd like to say that I've read all your post, it's just that I've chosen these 2 points to direct my answers.

1) You hope too much mister, we're not that intelligent, generally speaking as a society. Not having babies implies effective education and strong will. Take a look at some of the poorest areas of the world, people eat dirt, die on the streets and tell me if they have stopped having intercourse. Not having intercourse goes against our basic genetic code. Then comes condoms and other birth control methods, again, education needed. Intercourse is one of the simplest thing to do and it's one of the highest urges we have along with supplying food. 

Now that I explained how education is needed, I wonder how you concluded that over 7 billion people in a world with limited resources is not an issue? To top it all just a few years back it was 6 billion. So, when I speak of "7 billion" or "over population" please have in mind that is the high rapid increase growing that I'm talking about. I live in a small island of a mere 100 x 35 miles with a population of almost 4 million, the curious thing is years back when it was 2.5 million I remember the ease of the traffic and jobs availability(just to give you an idea of reality). This issue does not have an immediate effect on all countries. You would think we're intelligent enough to stop now, but we're not, let's wait 20 years from now and you'll see. I'm all for big lies that governments and/or other entities have set upon us to scare us, sadly, this one specifically, is not. 

2) This one is simple and only requires one simple sentence: Governments won't allow it.

By the way, I am going to watch these videos tonight when I get to home, if somehow these videos changes my view of how it can be done I'll tell you. I'm not that stubborn, more of a skeptic and realist.  So when presented good facts I do change my point of views. :)

I appreciate your maturity. I anxiously await your response after seeing the videos. 

The problem with tech like this, and this is coming from someone in the medical industry, is that unless there is some way to patent the everlasting hell out of it and license it out, the industry just doesn't care. 

I might not be profit driven, but the guys I buy my vials and needles from are, and they have every incentive to try and milk the hell out of tech like this. 

The other problem is rollout. Hospitals really aren't the place, and this field isn't either, of one to embrace new tech. We really love the "if it works, stop trying to replace it" mentality. Some of the stuff still used could even be considered archaic, but it works so well and is so specialized that trying to come up with better is either a waste of time, waste of money or both. 

This tech is welcome, but it'll go through the same development and bureaucratic and political hell that everything else in science goes through before finally being let loose on the mass public. 

The problem with tech like this, and this is coming from someone in the medical industry, is that unless there is some way to patent the everlasting hell out of it and license it out, the industry just doesn't care. 

I might not be profit driven, but the guys I buy my vials and needles from are, and they have every incentive to try and milk the hell out of tech like this. 

The other problem is rollout. Hospitals really aren't the place, and this field isn't either, of one to embrace new tech. We really love the "if it works, stop trying to replace it" mentality. Some of the stuff still used could even be considered archaic, but it works so well and is so specialized that trying to come up with better is either a waste of time, waste of money or both. 

This tech is welcome, but it'll go through the same development and bureaucratic and political hell that everything else in science goes through before finally being let loose on the mass public. 

I would call that a problem with the system, not the tech.

Watched some of Aubrey de Grey videos, interesting I'm not gonna lie, and he got some valid points. But his theories(sadly they are) seems to be in an early stage and we're already seeing some people denying his studies. In my opinion, I'd like to wait 5-10 years more until it's more developed and see how the research have been.

Watched some of Aubrey de Grey videos, interesting I'm not gonna lie, and he got some valid points. But his theories(sadly they are) seems to be in an early stage and we're already seeing some people denying his studies. In my opinion, I'd like to wait 5-10 years more until it's more developed and see how the research have been.

Would you mind showing me these instances of denial? I admit I have not looked very hard, but to my understanding the skepticism started out rather high and is now almost nonexistent among the informed community. I am genuinely curious to see what they have to say. 

the problem I see is finding a material that could be 3D printed and be human safe i.e. not poisonous also 3D printed objects don't tend to be flexible which is crucial if liquids are moving through it. but still sounds awesome.

FFF why was i born now and not year 2100++ :(  then i could eat all the burgers,cheese,cake and pie i wanted and just 3d print some organs when they wear down.DAMN i have to stick with salad and diet coke now QQ.

FFF why was i born now and not year 2100++ :(  then i could eat all the burgers,cheese,cake and pie i wanted and just 3d print some organs when they wear down.DAMN i have to stick with salad and diet coke now QQ.

And still have the possibility of dying before 50s anyways... such is life. :lol:

And still have the possibility of dying before 50s anyways... such is life. :lol:

-.-

I see how it is! "We're already seeing some people denying his studies." Were you just ass pulling that, or are you ignoring me and unkindly refusing to show me these instances which I have previously told you seem impossible to find. Of course I mean educated, important people. Not the stereotypical ignoramus in the comments of a youtube video.  At this point, it is obviously one or the other.

-.-

I see how it is! "We're already seeing some people denying his studies." Were you just ass pulling that, or are you ignoring me and unkindly refusing to show me these instances which I have previously told you seem impossible to find. Of course I mean educated, important people. Not the stereotypical ignoramus in the comments of a youtube video.  At this point, it is obviously one or the other.

Wait, what? You already said the skepticism was at the beginning, and it's true, the arguments I've found are dated almost a decade ago. I didn't add more because I felt you were right. 

Also, we can't derail much from the topic of the thread. :)

These are great news! The amount of lives that could be saved by this

Hopefully we will be able to replicate other organs in the future as well. Maybe not just replicate them, but also make them better than the originals.

This is amazing news. 3D printing always amazes me.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

i love the way they said human "meat" instead of saying muscles,  read this quite a while back , problem is this is still at beta or something , after clinical trials , "if" it has any pottential, only then will it make it to say regular patients, the practicality is like 5-15 years or so this means that much delay , & lets not mention the patend issues & the big phama companies lobbying .

Details separate people.