First time planing a WC System ( 250D)

Hey guys  I have a 250D an Impact with a Noctua  NH-L12 for my 4770K and a GTX 780 DCII OC and for overall cooling 2xNoctua NF-S12A + 1x Noctua NF-A14 ULN.

So I am okay wiht my rig but I don't know i want a new challenge so I'm thinking about to watercool everything... I playing around in my minde and I would like to use 1x180, 1x240 and 1x 160 rad, a full waterblock for the moba  (Bitspower AIZ87M6IITX Nickel) and a full wb for the 780.

Now I have read the FAQ & beginner guide but i have still a lot of Q. left...

so first the gpu wb. I saw this one and I don't know if it will fit on the DCII OC, because at every wb the only say for ref. design so can u help me here? (Bitspower VG-NGTX780 Nickel Plated Acrylic Top or Bitspower VG-NGTX780 Nickel Plated ICE Black Acrylic Top)

(all I want is a full waterblock as big as possible for my gtx that has clean acrylics.. and I don't like the EK design with this... circles I pref. a clean look.)

2. Well i know that I have to use very slim rads and even then I don't know if it will fit. (gpu length and front rad). (0h and I think i go with a red theme)

3. everyone says use nickel then u have less maintenance but everywhre I look I only see copper rads so how "bad" is it if i have everything nickel but then copper rads ? how much impact will it have on the maintenance I don't want to clean the build every 6m or so ...

4. I know that u can do 2 GPUs in paralel config /wo problems but how about 2 rads ? ( I made a very bad drawing ^^'')

so for now this are my biggest questions. hope you guys can help me. there is still more I need to know but 1 aftere 1 ;-)

love you all and thx

ps. sorry for my terrible english

theo. rad config.bmp

theo. rad config.bmp

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

hmm I saw now on htis build log (man is this great) http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/138753-250d-mini-itx-water-cooled-sleeved-rigid-tubing/ that there will never fit a gtx 780 with a 180 rad and it will never fit a 240 rad and a 160 rad... so is a single 1 80mm rad usefull ?

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

Hey guys  I have a D250 an Impact with a Noctua  NH-L12 for my 4770K and a GTX 780 DCII OC and for overall cooling 2xNoctua NF-S12A + 1x Noctua NF-A14 ULN.

So I am okay wiht my rig but I don't know i want a new challenge so I'm thinking about to watercool everything... I playing around in my minde and I would like to use 1x180, 1x240 and 1x 160 rad, a full waterblock for the moba  (Bitspower AIZ87M6IITX Nickel) and a full wb for the 780.

Now I have read the FAQ & beginner guide but i have still a lot of Q. left...

so first the gpu wb. I saw this one and I don't know if it will fit on the DCII OC, because at every wb the only say for ref. design so can u help me here? (Bitspower VG-NGTX780 Nickel Plated Acrylic Top or Bitspower VG-NGTX780 Nickel Plated ICE Black Acrylic Top)

(all I want is a full waterblock as big as possible for my gtx that has clean acrylics.. and I don't like the EK design with this... circles I pref. a clean look.)

2. Well i know that I have to use very slim rads and even then I don't know if it will fit. (gpu length and front rad). (0h and I think i go with a red theme)

3. everyone says use nickel then u have less maintenance but everywhre I look I only see copper rads so how "bad" is it if i have everything nickel but then copper rads ? how much impact will it have on the maintenance I don't want to clean the build every 6m or so ...

4. I know that u can do 2 GPUs in paralel config /wo problems but how about 2 rads ? ( I made a very bad drawing ^^'')

so for now this are my biggest questions. hope you guys can help me. there is still more I need to know but 1 aftere 1 ;-)

love you all and thx

ps. sorry for my terrible english

1. http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/fc-geforce/ek-fc780-gtx-ti-dcii-nickel.html May not tickle your fancy, but it's a clean block for DCII.

2. Corsair 250D?  If so, there's a recent thread about what can fit in there.  It'll be tight.

3. You'll give up some small cooling performance with nickel plating.  Just don't mix aluminum in there, and do research on your coolants.

4. What pump are you using?  D5 or DDC should be able to push all that in serial easy.

1. EK is still your best bet. They have plenty of design for the GTX 780 DCUII and they don't all have circles on them. 

2. It's gonna be hella tight in a 250D but hey, do what you want.

3. Don't know what builds your looking at but there are way more nickel water blocks out there than copper ones, I'll let you in on a little secret.. the nickel blocks are copper where it matters (on the inside ) too. Nickel water blocks have nickel plating which protects better against corrosion. They will still corrode but it'll become visible later than on a copper only water block.

4. You can do rads too. I wouldn't do more than two tho. Just make a fan + rad sandwich. Fan - rad - fan - rad - fan. Don't think any config of this caliber would fit in a 250D anyway tho.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

High quality Radiators are almost always made out of copper and brass, and that is perfectly fine. It would be ideal if every piece of metal in your loop is the same, so there can be no chance of corrosion at all, but even with different metals, the chance of corrosion is pretty low, especially if you use corrosion inhibitors, such as premixes, or creating your own mixture.

I don't think you are supposed to use radiators in parallel. I don't even think they make radiators with fitting locations that are the same as rad2.

1. http://www.ekwb.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/fc-geforce/ek-fc780-gtx-ti-dcii-nickel.html May not tickle your fancy, but it's a clean block for DCII.

2. Corsair 250D?  If so, there's a recent thread about what can fit in there.  It'll be tight.

3. You'll give up some small cooling performance with nickel plating.  Just don't mix aluminum in there, and do research on your coolants.

4. What pump are you using?  D5 or DDC should be able to push all that in serial easy.

1. will a gtx 780TI DCII WB fit on my "non TI" OC version ?

2. the build that I use as a model Link LLT, pics

4. EK-DDC 3.25 X-RES 100 pump and res combo I hope it is the same as in the build

1. EK is still your best bet. They have plenty of design for the GTX 780 DCUII and they don't all have circles on them. 

2. It's gonna be hella tight in a 250D but hey, do what you want.

3. Don't know what builds your looking at but there are way more nickel water blocks out there than copper ones, I'll let you in on a little secret.. the nickel blocks are copper where it matters (on the inside ) too. Nickel water blocks have nickel plating which protects better against corrosion. They will still corrode but it'll become visible later than on a copper only water block.

4. You can do rads too. I wouldn't do more than two tho. Just make a fan + rad sandwich. Fan - rad - fan - rad - fan. Don't think any config of this caliber would fit in a 250D anyway tho.

4. well i don't want to do a rad sandwitch. all i want is to do 2 rads in parallel config..

High quality Radiators are almost always made out of copper and brass, and that is perfectly fine. It would be ideal if every piece of metal in your loop is the same, so there can be no chance of corrosion at all, but even with different metals, the chance of corrosion is pretty low, especially if you use corrosion inhibitors, such as premixes, or creating your own mixture.

I don't think you are supposed to use radiators in parallel. I don't even think they make radiators with fitting locations that are the same as rad2.

well it must be not exactly like this i know there is a rad thats its very slime but has multiple ports... all i remember is that is has blue plugs, I think it was from alphacool or koolance

thx guys for your tips I have this weekend time and since my only drive faild (don't know why) I have tones of time and will messure some things in the 250D

well it must be not exactly like this i know there is a rad thats its very slime but has multiple ports... all i remember is that is has blue plugs, I think it was from alphacool or koolance

thx guys for your tips I have this weekend time and since my only drive faild (don't know why) I have tones of time and will messure some things in the 250D

The problem I mean is that due to how radiators are made, they can only either have all the fittings on one side, or one fitting on each side.

You would probably need to split the water before it goes into each radiator, and then combine them again after they exit the radiators. Either way, I don't think you will see a very large difference in cooling. If you can figure out a way to set up your radiators in parallel inside of a 250D, then by all means go for it. But I would say to make sure they are truly in parallel, and not just appear to be.

4. well i don't want to do a rad sandwitch. all i want is to do 2 rads in parallel config..

Yep, it became clear to me what you meant later :P. Like others have said it is ill advised to do this, not mention in a 250D. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

1. will a gtx 780TI DCII WB fit on my "non TI" OC version ?

2. the build that I use as a model Link LLT, pics

4. EK-DDC 3.25 X-RES 100 pump and res combo I hope it is the same as in the build

If you know the make and model of your card, pop it in http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/ and it'll tell you what blocks fit and if they've been physically installed or visually eyed to fit.

Here's a build log of a pretty packed and water cooled 250d: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/173442-build-log-corsair-250d-water-cooled-blue-lagoon/?hl=250d+water

That'll be a good combo and will be able to push 2 rads easy.