Would you recommend a nexus 5 ?

Lab140
Go to solution Solved by Jade,

Bad battery life? Well, you must be running tons of bloat. Because, I'll be damned if this is "bad."

Active use: gNb9qt1.jpg

idle/etc:

iPMeT6Q.pngBM6Hcmv.jpg

Would totally recommend one to essentially anyone.

Get an iPhone.

Sorry I just hate Android.

lol.

I'm looking at getting a new phone as my current contract is running out and I'm liking the look of the nexus 5 but I've seen reviews about bad battery life which for me would drive me crazy, so I wanted some opinions

Get an iPhone.

Bad battery life? Well, you must be running tons of bloat. Because, I'll be damned if this is "bad."

idle/etc:

iPMeT6Q.pngBM6Hcmv.jpg

Get an iPhone.

lol.

Get an iPhone.

. WOW that was quick and no thanks my friend has an iPhone and I don't like it plus he's had a lot of problems with it, but with it been apple they just have him a new one

I highly recommend the Nexus 5, one of the cheaper smartphones yet it has some of the highest specs. I suppose the battery life isn't the best but it lasts me long enough to play games and such when I'm out for the day.

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

. WOW that was quick and no thanks my friend has an iPhone and I don't like it plus he's had a lot of problems with it, but with it been apple they just have him a new one

Hmmmm... I never had problems with Apple stuff.

And yeah if you don't like the iPhone then get the Nexus 5.

Or a Google Play M8

idle/etc:

iPMeT6Q.pngBM6Hcmv.jpg

lol.

+1

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Battery life is fine. Nexus 5 is easily the only Android phone I'd suggest you buy, other than that I'd suggest an iPhone as well (although if that was to be the route I'd probably wait up and see what they have in store for iPhone 6, it's getting to that time of the year again pretty soon).

Hmmmm... I never had problems with Apple stuff

The problem he had was when he updated his iphone 4 it kept crashing going into safe mode, deleting everything and refusing to turn on for about an hour.

Battery life will most likely get better with the next version of android with project volta.

Dream-phone: USB type-c (3.1), 1440p, 5-inch, removable battery, 32gb RAMdrive, sd card slot, stock Android, transparent atomic purple build, 9050 mah battery, waterproof AF, nuclear powered, ac wifi is fine.
                           OR a one-of-a-kind iphone that runs Android.

Battery life will most likely get better with the next version of android with project volta.

Mainly from ART and the new battery saver.

Anyways, that 12 hour battery life is misleading, on-screen time is way more important as the phone can just be idle the entire time.

Well if you love to mess around with android then yes. Nexus drivers are the  heart for many projects on the XDA forum. If you never thought of doing anything i just said, buy a HTC 1 or Galaxy s4. I would not recomend buying an Iphone, but if you enjoy the interface, then sure.

Get a nexus 5,i got one recently and it is great. Battery life isn't great but I heavily use it.

post-4748-0-58627500-1404340166_thumb.pn

post-4748-0-37934700-1404340190_thumb.pn

post-4748-0-58627500-1404340166_thumb.pn

post-4748-0-37934700-1404340190_thumb.pn

Gamer, Programmer and Server Administrator

all with a HP laptop <3