The problem with this giveaway

ciprian97pop

It's nice that Linus(and LG) made this huge giveaway but there is a big problem with it.

Go on a few pages of that thread and look how many accounts with only one or two post are entered. A lot

I think that @LinusTech should make a rule. Something like, only the accounts with at least 30(for example) or more posts should be able to enter the giveaway because anyone could start making fake accounts from now till 6th of July and have a lot of entries :(

Quote from a conversation between Linus and me:

Fake accounts won't work to win the giveaway. Ve have our vays....
Edited by ciprian97pop

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

First that catastrophy with the Intel CPU giveaway and now that! It adds probably about 2000 new members. I mean look at the giveaway thread! 200 pages!!!! I guess it's one way to get your business growing... :P

who cares...

First that catastrophy with the Intel CPU giveaway and now that! It adds probably about 2000 new members. I mean look at the giveaway thread! 200 pages!!!! I guess it's one way to get your business growing... :P

I don't think that Linus gets any money from 2-3000 new accounts that are online for about 5 minutes(till they comment on the thread) and then never used again :D

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I don't think that Linus gets any money from 2-3000 new accounts that are online for about 5 minutes(till they comment on the thread) and then never used again :D

It grows LTT so it grow his business. Idk if he gains money by that and i really don't care. I think it's great that we get to enter so many cool giveaways. It just flood the forums with new members...

who cares...

hey man, when people are offered free things, you bet your ass theyre gonna do anything they can to get their hands on it. my parents always told me, if its free, never say no :D

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

7th of July is my birthday :D

Giveaway ends on 6th.

I must try!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Holy shit!

I checked LTT's viewers ranking.It skyrocket-ed!

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

It's nice that Linus(and LG) made this huge giveaway but there is a big problem with it.

Go on a few pages of that thread and look how many accounts with only one or two post are entered. A lot

I think that @LinusTech should make a rule. Something like, only the accounts with at least 30(for example) or more posts should be able to enter the giveaway because anyone could start making fake accounts from now till 6th of July and have a lot of entries :(

There is already a thread on this 

Anyway, it helps linus in many ways, for a star an increase in traffic that will see the adverts on the site which means money in pocket, new members to the forum, even if only 1 in 3 stick around its still a great way to add to the community, more people are aware of the forum and will spread the word bringing in more people

Also why is it a problem? if they sign up and just post once then dissapear it doenst effect the forum or anything. 

Just because somebody is not a member of the forum does not mean they do not watch or support linus in other ways!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii