Gigabyte Windforce 3X 600w cooler

Madbrood

Hi all, 

Quick question - how much do you reckon the above cooler (the one that ships with the Gigabyte Titan Black GHz Edition) is worth? (am in the UK)

Cheers,

Gaming Rig - CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | COOLER: Stock | MOBO: Gigabye Z87 Gaming | GPU: Gigabye Geforce GTX 980 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB (16GB) 

you buying the Titan Black?

is there really a need for the GPU?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Gigabyte-GTX-TITAN-BLACK-GHZ-2-620x620.j

This is it.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Nope, I actually won one in a competition - trying to decide whether to use the Windforce or to just keep the stock cooler and sell this one.

This may all change when it actually arrives...

Gaming Rig - CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | COOLER: Stock | MOBO: Gigabye Z87 Gaming | GPU: Gigabye Geforce GTX 980 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB (16GB) 

Nope, I actually won one in a competition - trying to decide whether to use the Windforce or to just keep the stock cooler and sell this one.

This may all change when it actually arrives...

won one?! o.0

life is so unfair...

do a review and comparison test with the stock and tri-fan cooler

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

won one?! o.0

life is so unfair...

do a review and comparison test with the stock and tri-fan cooler

Haha! I was absolutely stunned when they emailed me to let me know...

I may actually do that, I already ran 3Dmark Fire Strike with my 780 DirectCU II so I have a point of comparison...

I may actually do that, I already ran 3Dmark Fire Strike with my 780 DirectCU II so I have a point of comparison...

since you're getting a titan black, wanna hook me up with your 780? ;) gratz on winning btw

Wow congrats!

Unless you're planing to liquid cool i would put the windforce cooler on. It's a really big cooler even compared to the normal  Windforce cooler. It should allow some moderate overclocks while maintaining the card relativeley silent.

who cares...

please do

I also won a Asus 270X Top and a CM 1300 Watts PSU (yes 1300 watts)

but can't use them...

Wow congrats!

Unless you're planing to liquid cool i would put the windforce cooler on. It's a really big cooler even compared to the normal  Windforce cooler. It should allow some moderate overclocks while maintaining the card relativeley silent.

Thanks :) Yeah, liquid cooling isn't in my immediate plans...

please do

I also won a Asus 270X Top and a CM 1300 Watts PSU (yes 1300 watts)

but can't use them...

You know, I could use a better PSU... ;) I'll look at doing the comparison over the weekend as I have a few days off work. Anything you lot would like to see specifically? I'm probably going to stay away from overclocking for the time being, so it'll all be stock/GPU Boost.

since you're getting a titan black, wanna hook me up with your 780? ;) gratz on winning btw

How much is it worth to you? ;) And thanks!

Thanks :) Yeah, liquid cooling isn't in my immediate plans...

You know, I could use a better PSU... ;) I'll look at doing the comparison over the weekend as I have a few days off work. Anything you lot would like to see specifically? I'm probably going to stay away from overclocking for the time being, so it'll all be stock/GPU Boost.

How much is it worth to you? ;) And thanks!

completely up to you what your asking price is, most i'd say is like £275 since 780's are going new for £330 nowadays

Haha

I will sell the GPU but I will keep the PSU thou for my own build with a R9 290X or 290XTX

I do like CoolerMaster parts

Just had an update from the supplier - it hasn't been sent out yet due to the courier not arriving to collect... so, there's a chance I might not have it for the weekend.

If you guys would like to see anything specific in the comparison, let me know - I'll run Unigine Valley on my rig tonight so we'll have UV and 3Dmark Fire Strike to start with. Any particular games? Shout em out and I'll let you know if I have them!

ah the usual Crysis 3,Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite

will have to think of more games

ah the usual Crysis 3,Metro Last Light, Bioshock Infinite

Ahh, I don't actually have Crysis 3! I do have Last Light and Infinite though, so no problems with them.

I think the windforce cooler makes a lot of sense on a titan black. I'd personally watercool it though, it'll get noisy on air + it probably overclocks well on water.