Watercooling

Hello Guys,

I want to hear some opinions about my first watercooling setup.

I want to make something like this, I know it's a little bit overkill, but it's future proof.

Unfortunately I am a total newb to all of this and therefore I dont know what to get in order to get this working.

This is what I have at the moment:

Pump: Swiftech MCP655 (this one does not have speedcontrol, do I need it?)

Radiators: Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 x2

Resevoir: Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 10 LT (Just a simple resevoir, don't need anything fancy)

CPU block: I have no idea yet :(

Tubing: 1/2 ID, 3/4 OD

Fittings: compression fittings for 1/2 tubing

What do you guys think?

~ Archcry

Hello Guys,

Resevoir: Alphacool Cape Corp Coolplex Pro 10 LT (Just a simple resevoir, don't need anything fancy)

What do you guys think?

~ Archcry

Great pump. Great rads. You could make a feature with the res between the two rads with something like this: http://www.xs-pc.com/reservoirs/photon-270-tube-reservoir

Great tubing and fittings choices. Tubing: PrimoChill 

CPU block: EK waterblocks.

The speedcontrol is worth it IMO. You won't need it running at 100% for 2 360mm rads so you can run it at 60%-80% which means less noise.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Hello Guys,

I want to hear some opinions about my first watercooling setup.

I want to make something like this, I know it's a little bit overkill, but it's future proof.

Unfortunately I am a total newb to all of this and therefore I dont know what to get in order to get this working.

This is what I have at the moment:

What do you guys think?

~ Archcry

Koolance 380i looks pretty good, performs well, and isn't as expensive as all the other blocks.

I might be able to extend the build with 140mm rads instead of 120mm, would 2x 420mm rad make a big difference?

The use of plain dasani water in a cooling loop scares me D:

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I might be able to extend the build with 140mm rads instead of 120mm, would 2x 420mm rad make a big difference?

The more rad surface area the better but after a while the cost of your loop starts outweighing the cooling performance you're getting. At any point a custom loop will only be as good as the ambient temps you're working with. What will you be cooling? Don't forget to quote if you want us to know when you reply.

What case do you have? 1/2" ID 3/4" OD can look really fat and bulky in medium sized cases. But I think they would look fine in massive cases, like the 900D

I think most CPU blocks perform similarly, so I would say to get whichever one you like the most. I personally like XSPC's Raystorm block.

The more rad surface area the better but after a while the cost of your loop starts outweighing the cooling performance you're getting. At any point a custom loop will only be as good as the ambient temps you're working with. What will you be cooling? Don't forget to quote if you want us to know when you reply.

At this moment only my CPU, but when I build a new rig I want to cool 1 or 2 videocards too.

What case do you have? 1/2" ID 3/4" OD can look really fat and bulky in medium sized cases. But I think they would look fine in massive cases, like the 900D

I think most CPU blocks perform similarly, so I would say to get whichever one you like the most. I personally like XSPC's Raystorm block.

I have a antec elevenhundred case.

At this moment only my CPU, but when I build a new rig I want to cool 1 or 2 videocards too.

You'll get OP cooling on the CPU with 2 420mm rads and great cooling when you add two GPU blocks. Honestly I'd get a single 360 for cooling a CPU if that new rig is far off. Saves you money and gives you more options for the new rig.