GTX 780 was shown in Geforce eSPORTS event @ Shanghai

alanchankw

Nvidia is currently holding a Geforce eSPORTS event @ Shanghai on  the 18th and 19th of May. On the first day of the event, they held a conference, showing their products and technology, like Nvidia SHIELD, Nvidia Experience, UNREAL Engine 4. On the same event they showed the coming gtx 780, but no detail of the card was released.

nvidia_geforce_esports_2013_15-665x415.j

nvidia_geforce_esports_2013_21-665x415.j

nvidia_geforce_esports_2013_7-665x415.jp

nvidia_geforce_esports_2013_11-665x415.j

nvidia_geforce_esports_2013_16-665x415.j

nvidia_geforce_esports_2013_20-665x415.j

Article from VR-Zone (in Chinese)

http://chinese.vr-zone.com/63961/nvidia-geforce-e-sports-with-gtx-780-at-shanghai-05182013/

English translation via Google Translation is available here:

http://translate.google.com.hk/translate?sl=zh-CN&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=zh-TW&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fchinese.vr-zone.com%2F63961%2Fnvidia-geforce-e-sports-with-gtx-780-at-shanghai-05182013%2F

Nice stuff :D We must be getting close!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Nice stuff :D We must be getting close!

We must be! with all that leaks....

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

If they only release this fast enough for me buying a EVGA 780 3-6GB before this summer then it's a go! :D

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

uhhmmm.. isn't the GTX 780 is slower than the GTX Titan? I've heard it doesn't use the same specs :( .. it's like the 780 is lower than the Titan which is like the highest.. 

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

uhhmmm.. isn't the GTX 780 is slower than the GTX Titan? I've heard it doesn't use the same specs :( .. it's like the 780 is lower than the Titan which is like the highest.. 

Its use same chip as titan [gk-110] but with some of the feature such as cuda core disable.Good news is it most likely will be priced lower than titan.

The 780 is just like the 670 and 7950, they are semi crippled cards made during the production of the Titan, maybe that's why they use the aluminium shroud as well? :P

Symbolism

The 780 is just like the 670 and 7950, they are semi crippled cards made during the production of the Titan, maybe that's why they use the aluminium shroud as well? :P

Symbolism

Where did you get those specs? Every single information i've seen about the 780 is that it's a "mini titan".

The 770 is about 680 specs. And the 780 is about 10-25% better than a 680.

Intel i7-2600K @ 4,5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 780 w/EKWB Copper Waterblock | Kingston HyperX blu 16GB @ 1600 MHz | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | MSI Z77A-GD65 | CM M1000 Silent Pro | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | BenQ XL2420T 120hz | Logitech G710+ | Razer Deathadder 2013 -

- XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock | XSPC RX360 Radiator | EKWB EK-FC Titan GPU Waterblock -

Where did you get those specs? Every single information i've seen about the 780 is that it's a "mini titan".

The 770 is about 680 specs. And the 780 is about 10-25% better than a 680.

I mean, the production of the cards. When AMD makes a 7970 and it comes out "semi crippled" they disable some of the stream processors and market it as a 7950 or a 7870Tahiti LE, so maybe the 780 is similar, like an imperfect titan card

I mean, the production of the cards. When AMD makes a 7970 and it comes out "semi crippled" they disable some of the stream processors and market it as a 7950 or a 7870Tahiti LE, so maybe the 780 is similar, like an imperfect titan card

Ah in that way i guess i understand, but just the way i read it i sounded like you said it's horrible in comparison to the 680.

But yeah it's a mini titan, it makes sense tho, cheaper for them to make and cheaper for us to buy a card that is so insanely close to the titan. if the specs is correct it's gonna be awesome for us without 1000 usd for a card that is not worth that price :/

gtx 780...nothing new anymore

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

As much as I love the cooler design, I'd be slightly pissed if I got the Titan, it kinda takes away some of the feeling of exclusivity for the Titan... plus you can't just post a picture and expect people's jaws to drop at your Titans in SLI, you'll have to explain that they're titans not 780s or 770s :lol:.

On the upside, let's hope this challenges manufacturers to use better materials and designs for their custom coolers, otherwise nobody would care. (I'm looking at you, shiny, plasticky, Windforce cards)

As much as I love the cooler design, I'd be slightly pissed if I got the Titan, it kinda takes away some of the feeling of exclusivity for the Titan... plus you can't just post a picture and expect people's jaws to drop at your Titans in SLI, you'll have to explain that they're titans not 780s or 770s :lol:.

On the upside, let's hope this challenges manufacturers to use better materials and designs for their custom coolers, otherwise nobody would care. (I'm looking at you, shiny, plasticky, Windforce cards)

I feel you, but then again they're probably hiding it for as long as possible i'd guess. But then again most of the people that will buy a GTX 780 will hopefully get water-cooling for it. I know for a fact that a lot of people just like me will hate that it gets too warm :/

The ASUS GPU's custom cooler is awesome, i got around 26 C Idle (if good room temperature) with one screen which is awesome! :D (Direct CU II) But sadly enough it seems like it's only them that has proper fan cooled gpu's  ^_^

Just stick with the decent card.. with everything on Low and Texture quality on High, anti aliasing not DEFFERED and antistropic on max .. everything looks Ultra on Battlefield 3. why all that fancy cr*p.

Lol... anyway, we don't really know ANYTHING about the new GTX780.. so don't get your hopes straight, cuz NVIDIA are just laughing at you right now.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.