They Look and Perform Almost the Same, So Which One is "Better"?

Go to solution Solved by Bagmup,

Bottom one has a dual bios switch in case you want to put a custom bios on the card and have the standard as a back up if it goes wrong :D

Could somebody please tell me the difference between these two cards:

• EVGA SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling 02G-P4-2774-KR GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card 02G-P4-2776-KR

The only difference i can see is that one has "DUAL" in the name, and has the EVGA symbols on the fans. Other than that, the specs seem the same. Planning on buying one or the other TONIGHT, but i want to know the difference first!

Thanks

WoW! this is like asking "who's the tallest midget?" :mellow:

On a serious note, it doesn't matter which one you choose, when it comes down to the prefomance , we're talking about a frame or two bump overall, that is not going to have an overall effect, so, my answer would be , which one would you like to have on your case/system, go for the better looking one I'd say as in exterior style or heatspreader etc..Don't bother with the perfomance "AT ALL!!"

Details separate people.

Could somebody please tell me the difference between these two cards:

• EVGA SuperClocked w/ ACX Cooling 02G-P4-2774-KR GeForce GTX 770 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support w/ EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card 02G-P4-2776-KR

The only difference i can see is that one has "DUAL" in the name, and has the EVGA symbols on the fans. Other than that, the specs seem the same. Planning on buying one or the other TONIGHT, but i want to know the difference first!

Thanks

It has a dual bios. One specialized for overclocking. If you muck things up with that one you can revert to the standard one and change the other one from there.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

If you don't know what the difference is, buy the regular one the dual usually costs a few bucks more and it doesn't sound to me like a feature you're ever going to use.

It is for people who want to flash a custom BIOS on the card to overvolt or set a hardware overclock.

WoW! this is like asking "who's the tallest midget?"

what do you mean by that? 

If you don't know what the difference is, buy the regular one the dual usually costs a few bucks more and it doesn't sound to me like a feature you're ever going to use.

It is for people who want to flash a custom BIOS on the card to overvolt or set a hardware overclock.

A few bucks doesnt really hurt that much, plus i like the design of the DUAL card a bit more. I like to learn, so i think its worth the ~$10 extra

what do you mean by that? 

They both will perfom, more or less similar, (added few more info to that read my post again) basically, when it's perfomance time, it's not noticable, it's the same chip , Unless there's a better binned Processor on one, you're not going to get a perfomance bump on similar chip cards even if it's from two rival companies , except when it comes to cooling or factory overclocking,

Bottom line being , whichever one you choose, both are benificial.

Anyways, have a great day ahead mate, :)  make a smart buy.

Details separate people.