Need advice for 1st build

I am saving up for my first (and probably last) gaming rig, and i wanted to be sure it's all compatible. I'm also worried about cooling, are the case included fans enough, or would i need some extra?

One last thing: Are there any red-colored alternatives for the ram slots and the power supply? I dont like the yellow inbetween all the red stuff, i want my first build to be sooper classy 8)

Link: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Sooperfish/saved/8PkwrH

Budget: around $2200 (€1600 since i'm european) (I will buy some parts on ebay)

And yes, i know titan is overkill. I just really can't resist buying one.

Why a 3770k? Go for the new 4790k and a z97 motherboard. Also, get a 780ti, it's the same as a titan just without the 3 more GB of vram. 

You might want to take a look at this, it costs less, has an SSD and is much faster in games. You can always throw more RAM or even an i7 in there if you want.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Where did you find a titan for so cheap? At that price it's actually kind of worth it. But yeah, go for new cpus like a 4790k and a z97 mobo.

-edit-

I forgot to say it, with that budget there is no excuse not to get an ssd. Get it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Thanks for the CPU tip. I edited the part list now containing a 4790k and an Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard.

As for the gpu, I'm keeping the titan. Thanks anyways.

Thanks for the CPU tip. I edited the part list now containing a 4790k and an Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard.

As for the gpu, I'm keeping the titan. Thanks anyways.

Nice board. You will be crashing games with that rig ;)

I found the titan on ebay. Every now and then there's some cheap and reliable deal on there.

Where did you find a titan for so cheap? At that price it's actually kind of worth it. But yeah, go for new cpus like a 4790k and a z97 mobo.

-edit-

I forgot to say it, with that budget there is no excuse not to get an ssd. Get it.

Shenanigans A titan is that cheap

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Shenanigans A titan is that cheap

It says 400 bucks on pcpartpicker :S

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It says 400 bucks on pcpartpicker :S

1. Custom price setting

2. eBay

'Nuff said

1. Custom price setting

2. eBay

'Nuff said

Buy it now i'm assuming? 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Buy it now i'm assuming?

The deal I listed in pcpartpicker is over, but if you check ebay every few days you'll find some sweet deals like those.

The deal I listed in pcpartpicker is over, but if you check ebay every few days you'll find some sweet deals like those.

Yeah i'm looking for a cheap 780 or 290/X. I've no preference just which ever one shows up first.

Build looks great, but +1 on an SSD 256GB or bigger.

Also, why will this be your last Gaming PC?

Finally, look up some sleeved cable extensions for the PSU, will help with you making your system looks nice :)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Build looks great, but +1 on an SSD 256GB or bigger.

Also, why will this be your last Gaming PC?

Finally, look up some sleeved cable extensions for the PSU, will help with you making your system looks nice :)

Added an SSD now.

I'm not really an expert, but I think if I maintenance my pc enough, it would probably last for about 5-10 years. And seeing the specs I would probably keep up with nextgen. I didn't mean i would literally build the last one.

Oh and thanks for the sleeve tip. I'm aiming for something black/red.

Added an SSD now.

I'm not really an expert, but I think if I maintenance my pc enough, it would probably last for about 5-10 years. And seeing the specs I would probably keep up with nextgen. I didn't mean i would literally build the last one.

Oh and thanks for the sleeve tip. I'm aiming for something black/red.

Cool :)

Well, just be careful with that. My last build (i5 3570k + GTX680) was built1.5 years ago, and is still going strong. But, I did upgrade the graphics card, as even a 680 wasnt keeping up to my wants, so it was replaced with a 780ti a year later. I feel I will be good to go for another 3 years, with maybe another GPU swap. but after 4 years, warranties are now no good on some parts, mech hard drives are aging alot, powersupplies might need to be replaced, fans going bad, etc etc. So just keep that in mind.

I generally expect to go as long as my warranties are good, and then start selling parts and upgrading. Kindof like how some folks do with a brand new car.

Have fun building! 

Cool :)

Well, just be careful with that. My last build (i5 3570k + GTX680) was built1.5 years ago, and is still going strong. But, I did upgrade the graphics card, as even a 680 wasnt keeping up to my wants, so it was replaced with a 780ti a year later. I feel I will be good to go for another 3 years, with maybe another GPU swap. but after 4 years, warranties are now no good on some parts, mech hard drives are aging alot, powersupplies might need to be replaced, fans going bad, etc etc. So just keep that in mind.

I generally expect to go as long as my warranties are good, and then start selling parts and upgrading. Kindof like how some folks do with a brand new car.

Have fun building! 

What happened...to the...err...680?

The price for that Titan seems too good to be true. Have you already purchased the card ? I assume it is second hand ? They are like 800 euros or more new ?

Here are a couple of suggestions on your spec.

I would go for 2 x 8GB Ram rather than 4 x 4GB. Those Kingston HyperX Ram kits are available in 2 x 8GB size.

The OCZ power supply is not a good choice. Have a look for an EVGA Supernova G2. If you don't plan on adding a 2nd card anyway, then 850W is a bit overkill. A 550W psu is enough for a single card setup.

What happened...to the...err...680?

Sold it in a system, used the money for a R9 290x - Sold the 290X for $250 more than I paid for it (bitcoin miner really wanted it), so used the money to get a 780ti. Last november/december was exciting, to say the least. 

Sold it in a system, used the money for a R9 290x - Sold the 290X for $250 more than I paid for it (bitcoin miner really wanted it), so used the money to get a 780ti. Last november/december was exciting, to say the least. 

Them BTC miners are a weird bunch

The price for that Titan seems too good to be true. Have you already purchased the card ? I assume it is second hand ? They are like 800 euros or more new ?

Here are a couple of suggestions on your spec.

I would go for 2 x 8GB Ram rather than 4 x 4GB. Those Kingston HyperX Ram kits are available in 2 x 8GB size.

The OCZ power supply is not a good choice. Have a look for an EVGA Supernova G2. If you don't plan on adding a 2nd card anyway, then 850W is a bit overkill. A 550W psu is enough for a single card setup.

The titan was just a lucky ebay find. They appear on ebay sometimes, like this one.

Will buy another one of those deals when i have the money for it.

Had to buy a new phone recently because my old one stopped working :(

Thanks for the ram tip, and i've change psu to a 500 watt EVGA. Was already wondering why the PSU's price was so suspicously high, until you pointed out the 850w, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Switched to 780ti for obvious reasons. And it's fancy red 8)