Suggestions to upgrades from H80

Hey all,

Been wondering about upgrading my current Corsair H80 (not the "i" version) to something new.

I am rather satisfied with the H80 loop, as for performance it seems to do the job perfectly. I am, however, rather annoyed by the fans that came stock with it, rather noisy to my taste.

Obviously I could look into upgrading the fans, but if any of you have a suggestion to a really well-performing closed loop alternative to the H80, I'd be grateful for any advice.

Proper water cooling is on my agenda, but not for another few months at least. A new GPU is higher on the list.  ;)

Thanks in advance!  :)

Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 7, Socket-1150 Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB Power Supply - Corsair HX 1000W CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX-Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headsets/Headphones: Astro A40 Phone: Moto X 2015

Hey all,

Been wondering about upgrading my current Corsair H80 (not the "i" version) to something new.

I am rather satisfied with the H80 loop, as for performance it seems to do the job perfectly. I am, however, rather annoyed by the fans that came stock with it, rather noisy to my taste.

Obviously I could look into upgrading the fans, but if any of you have a suggestion to a really well-performing closed loop alternative to the H80, I'd be grateful for any advice.

Proper water cooling is on my agenda, but not for another few months at least. A new GPU is higher on the list.  ;)

Thanks in advance!  :)

How much do wanna spend on upgrading the H80?

How much do wanna spend on upgrading the H80?

Price isn't really that much of an issue, but having a few alternatives doesn't hurt.  :)

Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 7, Socket-1150 Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 1600MHz 16GB Power Supply - Corsair HX 1000W CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Hydro Series Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX-Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headsets/Headphones: Astro A40 Phone: Moto X 2015

Price isn't really that much of an issue, but having a few alternatives doesn't hurt.  :)

Are you sure the fans are loud instead of the pump?

Well the best AIO would be the Swiftech H320 with different fans as it would fit in your case. But any dual radiator AIO will probably do the job just fine, just don't get a new single radiator AIO.

Are you sure the fans are loud instead of the pump?

Good question, I've am pretty certain that it is the fans, as they go absolutely bonkers while booting and a while thereafter as they slow down, which is normal obviously, but I'll verify your concern after work.

Well the best AIO would be the Swiftech H320 with different fans as it would fit in your case. But any dual radiator AIO will probably do the job just fine, just don't get a new single radiator AIO.

I'll have a look at this H320 one, did you recommend I should get aftermarket fans for it?