Can't get into my bios.

I can't seem to get into my bios, I've tried 2 different keyboards, a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, and a Microsoft Comfort Curve keyboard. I have a Gateway DX4870-UR348. Every time the Gateway screen comes up the LEDs on the Blackwidow turn off, however the LEDs on my mouse do not(I'm using the pass through port). I'm not sure if my keyboard turns off when that happens or not. But I have tried a separate keyboard and it still didn't work. I have an aftermarket GPU, new power supply, and another stick of ram installed. I need to get into my bios to try to see if I can turn my RAM speed up from 665mhz to 1600mhz which is where they are supposed to be at. They are 2 different brands however, the OEM stick, and a stick of Patriot Viper Xtreme.

are you sure that you are pressing the right button (migh sound stupid, but i had this problem too, and it appeared i pressed the wrong button :P )

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

I can't seem to get into my bios, I've tried 2 different keyboards, a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, and a Microsoft Comfort Curve keyboard. I have a Gateway DX4870-UR348. Every time the Gateway screen comes up the LEDs on the Blackwidow turn off, however the LEDs on my mouse do not(I'm using the pass through port). I'm not sure if my keyboard turns off when that happens or not. But I have tried a separate keyboard and it still didn't work. I have an aftermarket GPU, new power supply, and another stick of ram installed. I need to get into my bios to try to see if I can turn my RAM speed up from 665mhz to 1600mhz which is where they are supposed to be at. They are 2 different brands however, the OEM stick, and a stick of Patriot Viper Xtreme.

Try the PS/2 port, and different USB ports.

This system uses a lower grade ASUS motherboard with a locked down BIOS. You can try and use F2 to get into the BIOS. I wouldn't bother trying to mess around with the BIOS on a locked down Tier-1 system as what you are looking for won't be there. Remember that 665 MHz is actually 1333 MHz in terms of RAM speed. Trying to bump it up to 1600 MHz won't give any extra performance.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

Ok, Thanks for your help. So sense it isn't my RAM it's probably my CPU why I struggle to run games like Shadow Warrior and Deus Ex Human Revolution over 30fps. I have a i3 2130.

(Didn't read that you had upgraded your power supply and GPU). What power supply and GPU are you using?

Phanteks Enthoo Pro Black | Corsair TX750v2 | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | Core i5 4670K @ 4.4 GHz @ 1.27V | Corsair H105 | 16GB Patriot Viper 3 PC3-12800 | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 | Axiom Signature III 240GB SSD | WDC 1TB Blue | Hitachi 750GB

I use a 'moron filter' on tech forums. If I don't respond to your post, considered yourself filtered out.

I'm using a Gigabyte 660 Windforce and a Solidgear Neutron 550w.

You would see some benefit by upgrading to a 750Ti.

I have found that some keyboards don't work well to get into the bios with. My K90 for example, doesn't work to get into the BIOS on my ASUS x79 Pro Deluxe motherboard. If I use any other keyboard, it works fine. Try a different keyboard and see if that works! :)

Rig specs: 3930k | 32GB RAM | GTX580 | Asus PB278 | Corsair K90 | Logitech G700 | HD558's